Game Day SEMI FINAL V. CARLTON, 7.50PM @ MCG

Who wins this game?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, fingers crossed. I hate the way we play, but tonight (and tonight only) I'd take a 40-35 final score if it meant avoiding a straight sets exit to Carlton and Collingwood :sickv1:

Our fans deserve to see some good footy, but since that's quite unlikely, just give 'em a finals win at the 'G. No team since this finals format was introduced has won a flag after dropping out in straight sets the year prior, let alone after doing it twice in a row.

If the famous 'window' is to remain slightly ajar for a bit longer, then a win tonight is nearly a necessity IMO.

Feel like this should be the promo for tonight:

"FAST kicking, LOW scoring and TIES"

You'll see all your favourite football stars, like James Jordon, Tom McDonald, Joel Smith and Charlie Spargo...and they'll all be signing autographs!

I'd be pretty appalled if we didn't come out firing on all cylinders. What's the point of being sad/angry for Gus if they don't have the energy to put maximum effort into getting to a re-match with Collingwood.

Whether we're good enough to execute and score is an entirely different matter.

A
I reckon the same. Think we've either spent all our emotional tickets or we've gone soulless murderer.

You’d hope the pathetic start last week has them locked in tonight. The whispers about some of our guys being hurt has me very concerned though, surely we aren’t making the same mistakes as last year. If they play max at 60% over grundy they should all be sacked.

A

You’d hope the pathetic start last week has them locked in tonight. The whispers about some of our guys being hurt has me very concerned though, surely we aren’t making the same mistakes as last year. If they play max at 60% over grundy they should all be sacked.
Think we're always a better team when we start shit tbh. Just gotta actually change how we play when we have momentum to capitalize

I've just set my expectations as low as I can so I can be pleasantly surprised if we win.

I thought I could cope with a loss last week but it made me far more pissed off than I thought it would.

Yep. Major red flags when gus was hurt and there was barely any remonstration. Compare that to our last game vs Brisbane and Trac is in starcevichs face straight away after a goal.
Tracs confidence is such a barometer for us. He can play a half of the most shit fumbly crap footy then be reset after half time and star. That Brisbane game i think a lucky opening goal gave him the fuel to decide it was his day.

Tracs confidence is such a barometer for us. He can play a half of the most s**t fumbly crap footy then be reset after half time and star. That Brisbane game i think a lucky opening goal gave him the fuel to decide it was his day.

I know you’ve been critical of him this year but he has won us more games by himself than any other year he’s played for us imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you’ve been critical of him this year but he has won us more games by himself than any other year he’s played for us imo.
Critical because he has the tools to win games by himself. His best puts Oliver in the shade and that's not even a dig at clarry it's just how good Trac can be. Don't think him getting 35 in the middle brings the match winner out in him.

He's a moment's man not a death by 1000 cuts man.

I thought it would be Clarry making that leap this year - he showed glimpses in 2021 of not just being a contested possession and clearance beast - but a few games where he launched us forward and kicked goals. I thought he'd build on that, but he's stagnated on that front...

I feel nothing and that makes me sad.

What has this club done to me? In years gone by I’d be pumped and full of nervous energy.
Won too many games? It’s natural that the enthusiasm wanes when you’ve been deep 4 years in 6

I thought it would be Clarry making that leap this year - he showed glimpses in 2021 of not just being a contested possession and clearance beast - but a few games where he launched us forward and kicked goals. I thought he'd build on that, but he's stagnated on that front...
He missed 10 weeks. Been average since he came back but he needs a pre season and ideally some targeted coaching

Just have a funny feeling your blokes will have the bit between their teeth tonight. Too good a side to do straight sets again - injured players on the ground such a big factor last time.

The blues only just scraped past the swans who have been going just okay. For all the talk of them being on a huge surge they could easily have lost to the swans. Also a better ARC replay would have meant a lose to you.

For all the talk of Gawn being injured, is it supposed to be an injury only picked up post the pies final? Because if that is him injured would hate to see him fully fit. Oliver as well, looked to be going okay to me.

There is just no way Fritsch kicks that badly again.

Start will be big. Will be a LOT of blues there obv.

I feel nothing and that makes me sad.

What has this club done to me? In years gone by I’d be pumped and full of nervous energy.
Last week completely took the wind out of me. I was so fired up for that game and the performance followed by the Maynard discourse was so depressing.

Just have a funny feeling your blokes will have the bit between their teeth tonight. Too good a side to do straight sets again - injured players on the ground such a big factor last time.

The blues only just scraped past the swans who have been going just okay. For all the talk of them being on a huge surge they could easily have lost to the swans. Also a better ARC replay would have meant a lose to you.

For all the talk of Gawn being injured, is it supposed to be an injury only picked up post the pies final? Because if that is him injured would hate to see him fully fit. Oliver as well, looked to be going okay to me.

There is just no way Fritsch kicks that badly again.

Start will be big. Will be a LOT of blues there obv.
He supposedly picked it up in the second quarter.

Exactly the same here. Was super excited but our performance was so incredibly uninspiring it killed my interest completely.
I was excited last Thursday leading up to the game, then it absolutely pissed down prior, and those first 10 minutes were diabolical, enjoyed 0% of the match, I'd take 20% enjoyment tonight.

I rewatched some of the Sydney game in Round 3 recently and Oliver was unreal. He only got around 24 possessions but he snagged a couple of goals and provided a lot of run on the outside.

As good as Oliver is, I'd rather see him have a 24 possession/2 goal game tonight than a 32 possession/0 goal game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back