Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

I found Dysons' comments interesting to me it seemed that Hirdy wasn't engaged enough they prefer a coach whos 100% commited.

Come to think of it what did Hird actually do during the week? because we heard Matty Egan a few times say he was the one setting up training and running it with the other coaches.

You are reading way too much into those comments. Heppell was stating what he wanted in the new coach - this didn't translate to Hird not doing this and that.

Someone convince me why Dew is not a good idea. Too fat?

I'd say his only neg if you can call it one is that the Swans style is derived from Roos/Horse stoppage set up game that's being countered in general by Clarko clones except for Rossi boy...

Wait a minute... I think I just reasoned myself into a Dew selection through remembering he was a Hawk too... :confused:

Actually no I didn't.
BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!! said:
I found Dysons' comments interesting to me it seemed that Hirdy wasn't engaged enough they prefer a coach whos 100% commited.

Come to think of it what did Hird actually do during the week? because we heard Matty Egan a few times say he was the one setting up training and running it with the other coaches.

Looks to me that you did actually....you took hepps comments and made your own assumptions

8269501361_46ee1948a5.jpg

Everyone looks better in red and black.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cultural experience? didnt we just do that with Hird and Thompson? how did that go?

I cant see Caracella getting a gig as head coach yet, he hasnt coached his own side and he hasnt popped up as a candidate for other jobs (Blues or Crowes).

Hird's biggest problem was a lack of coaching experience, had he undertaken an assistant coaching role I think he would have done okay, his early results were actually pretty good, unfortunately the club hire inappropriate candidates who with little regard for the club or players undertook questionable programs.

Hird is as much a victim as the players are.

Hird's biggest problem was a lack of coaching experience, had he undertaken an assistant coaching role I think he would have done okay, his early results were actually pretty good, unfortunately the club hire inappropriate candidates who with little regard for the club or players undertook questionable programs.

Hird is as much a victim as the players are.

So Caracella is the answer then? because he has had plenty of coaching experience has he? or with Worsfold there should that help him? much like Bomber was employed to help Hird? hmmm?

So how exactly do people who haven't coached their own sides before get gigs if the pre-requisite to coach your own side is experience at coaching your own side?

Did you see Orazio reply under yours? pretty easy to figure out i reckon. Would you like me to explain how a player wins the Brownlow well each game there is a maximum of 3 votes awarded to the best player...

To be fair it went very well until we got flagged holding the Dank Train...

There was nothing wrong with the actual list and playing strategy that saw us go from a tumble weeds Knights era to playing finals rather fast...

Hiring cultural figures was not at the core of our demise and it annoys me that people are gunshy
on it for the wrong reasons...

Brand new coaches fail too... (cough) Knights, Neeld, Sanderson, Primus, That St Kilda guy, McCartney etc...

Knights coached Port Adelaide SANFL and Essendon VFL - best record was taking Essendon to a final that lost after being several goals up.

Neeld - granted coached a succesful Geelong country football side from my understanding? He was a flop but look at Paul Roos? God could coach them and theyd still fail.

Sanderson - who else had he coached before? I still dont think he was a flop, the admin and Steve Trigg left him a gaping hole...

I assume Scott watters, coached WAFL side to success i believe, but he was on a hiding to nothing when Saints were pulling the pin on there players.

McCartney - Did he fail? he had a developing side.

I believe that there are coaches who can develop sides underbelly but cant take teams all the way, like a McCartney, on the flip side i believe there are coaches who can take moderately developed sides and make them go all the way but cant build teams from bottom to top e.g. Paul Roos.

Correct. I think the days of a young guy being the coach with a senior assistant are finished. If there is to be an arrangement like that again it will be senior coach with an assistant developing to take over. This won't ever be forced upon an incumbent again either.

A good example for us would be Worsfold to take a 3 year contract with Carracella slowly taking more and more responsibility.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Come to think of it what did Hird actually do during the week? because we heard Matty Egan a few times say he was the one setting up training and running the show with the other coaches.

You do know don't you even Clarkson doesn't take drills.

Modern day head coach roles are not like the old days..like 5 years ago.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-02/dew-a-standout-in-afl-coaching-accreditation-course

If we are looking for the most ready made assistant coach, Stuart Dew looks like the man. Made the final 3 in the Adelaide job last year. Consulated by Carlton but didn't want it. Maybe holding out for essendon or Adelaide jobs

Reading this article it's a no brainier for me. Worsfold has been mentoring Dew in the coaching course, we bring both in, Worsfold to be the head coach and oversee everything for 2 years or so, Dew to work closely with Worsfold and gradually build into the head role with Dew finally taking the reigns once he's ready and we are a settled club again. They already have a working relationship, it seems like the perfect fit to me. We'll be ordinary for two years so Worsfold deals well with the pressure and builds us back up and when we're ready to take the next step Dew swoops in and it rains flags for the following decade.

Reading this article it's a no brainier for me. Worsfold has been mentoring Dew in the coaching course, we bring both in, Worsfold to be the head coach and oversee everything for 2 years or so, Dew to work closely with Worsfold and gradually build into the head role with Dew finally taking the reigns once he's ready and we are a settled club again. They already have a working relationship, it seems like the perfect fit to me. We'll be ordinary for two years so Worsfold deals well with the pressure and builds us back up and when we're ready to take the next step Dew swoops in and it rains flags for the following decade.
10449513_639600126137349_3418818424264997001_n.jpg

VICTORY

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Back