Dodoro - "nfi"
X - "Laterz"

Dodoro - "hey X, we looking at 4 years around 3 million."
X - "who is going to be coach?".
Dodoro - "you, ya keen?"
X - "cool, i get to choose my own position, hbf OK?"
Dodoro - "deal"

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2015-09-01/coaching-greats-help-search
"In addition to the group announced by CEO Xavier Campbell yesterday, the Club will seek guidance from two of sports most successful and longest serving coaches, Kevin Sheedy and Craig Bellamy."

They're not actually on the panel.
He should have said that when he originally announced the panel. Would've eliminated any assumptions from the media and general public. Hopefully he will learn from this.

Really Kevin Sheedy? I'd rather have input from James Magner and Aaron Edwards.

If the process is as shambolic as it seems already we're in trouble. Im hoping its like most things in the media ie completely wrong. It seems like a real f*#@ fight. The process is all that matters get it right and you will get the best result, shortcut or gutfeel it and you are looking for trouble, surely the club would know that after the last couple of years.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

i like the addition of Sheedy.

OK Kevin, we have narrowed it down to two applicants, a or b ?

Kevin: i think -Q looks like your best bet.

OK boys, lets take b.
EFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If John Worsfold is indeed interested in the Essendon job, I can see the coach selection process being like this:

"Alright it's day 1 of the important coach selection process. We need to get this one right. So, how many years should we sign Worsfold? All in favour for 3 years? 4 years? What do you think Worsfold? How much million a year should we throw at him a year? A couple? Okay it's a done deal. Let's wait another 4-5 weeks and a couple of 'interviews' before announcing it so that it looks like we've done the hard work".

That's the Essendon way.

I can't see Worsfold going through the process with both Adelaide and US, he will pick the job he wants, put in and get it.

I'd imagine all the other candidates will wait to see which job Worsfold goes for and sink their time into preparing for the opposite job.

Worsfold CV

- played in the successful Eagles steroids era of the 90s
- coached a team to one flag with a chronic drug culture issue - half the players are now either in rehab, courts or jail...

So Essendon post supplements scandal should hire this guy...right...

John Worsfold will not come to Essendon. We can forget it. He is entrenched now in his role at Adelaide that he is enjoying. I can't see him moving at all and what he and Campo are doing is working a treat. The Crows would be mad to let him go.

Will get our chance at a rookie coach and we will just have to accept it.

Worsfold CV

- played in the successful Eagles steroids era of the 90s
- coached a team to one flag with a chronic drug culture issue - half the players are now either in rehab, courts or jail...

So Essendon post supplements scandal should hire this guy...right...

If Worsefold wont go through the process it should narrow the field of candidates by 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Back