this year and now has kicked 8 in a final. What
is his height and weight ? Can he bust packs and
take contested marks ? How about pace and
agility ? Can he kick 50 mtr goals ?
Lots of questions but appreciate if Cannons fans
could fill in the blanks. Would he be a realistic
chance for Dogs 2nd round pick ?

Re: Tell me about Temel

A big kid 6 5' in the old, sensational set of hands and he just hangs in the air and can take a contested grap. Kicking from 40 in he's reliable and the fact he stood up in a final helps his stock. He's severely lacking in the pace, agility and footy smarts categories but I reckon he'll end up on an AFL list probably as a rookie. He does have an invite to a screening session.

He supports Besiktas - so he probably wont be drafted.

TACcannons_31313_06_thc8.jpg

TACCannons_17145_03_huc7.jpg

Thank's for the info fellas. That gives a clearer
idea of his prospects. Will watch for him in late
rounds and rookie draft.
Now, how about Fewster. I know his size and
know he is invited to state screening. How about
draft prospects. Rookie ?

At 198 might be just a tad short as a big ruckman. 19 yo so a year ahead of rest in terms of development. Not agreat leap and doesn't take lots of marks. Was quite e heavy kid and has worked really hard to get body into shape so work ethic is there. As a result of weight loss he gets around the ground pretty well and gets to a lot of contests and can get down on the ground at stoppages. Maybe rookie

Top 10 LOL. Has improved alot and may get drafted but good judges reckon he'll rookie.
Not even the best big or forward at Cannons - hes playing in backline cause he can.

Re: Temel will Go Top 10!! is better than Butcher.

Thanks for contributing.

Big footy posters can bag me again, but IMO you will find that Talia, Carlisle, and Temel will go before butcher who will slip considerably. All three expected to go in the top 10 with the, bulldogs keen on Temel with there 1st pick as are Richmond with there second pick, putting pressure on other clubs to select him earlier as the draft is shallow of pure talent and falls considerbly after pick 6 making clubs wanting to take punts future potential, lock in Scully, trengrove, Martin, Morabito, Cunnington & Talia, leaving west coast, port, hawks( and what eventuates with Gibson & Burgone) and Essendon. You can mark down tapscott to hawthorn if there pick isn't traded off but wont fall past ports pick. The Bombers want Carlisle to be a back up if Gumbleton and Neagle don't make it, if port gets another pick for Burgone then you can mark down Temel as power forward to replace tredrea and seeing Tippett, Nick reiwolt this year there is desperate need for a power forward and Temel is the only player to fit that mould, leaving the dogs or Crows to pick up Butcher, thats leaves, Jordan Gysberts and Lewis Jetta, With Josh Kennedy and Callum wilson making an impact this year, picking a victorian tall like Butcher very remote, so you can lock in Jetta. leaving Jordon Gysbert to be the Final player to make up the top 10 depending on the Hawks and port, hawks are frustrated that Both Tapscott and Talia will both be Gone if they keep there first pick, hence why they are going to trade for Burgone and Gibson.(and btw have had a crack at Rance).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At 198 might be just a tad short as a big ruckman. 19 yo so a year ahead of rest in terms of development. Not agreat leap and doesn't take lots of marks. Was quite e heavy kid and has worked really hard to get body into shape so work ethic is there. As a result of weight loss he gets around the ground pretty well and gets to a lot of contests and can get down on the ground at stoppages. Maybe rookie
He is is 194 cm, his date of birth in last weeks footy record was 12-5-1991 , which makes him 18 years of age.
Have u got the right kid? Saying his 19 years of age and 198 cm

He is is 194 cm, his date of birth in last weeks footy record was 12-5-1991 , which makes him 18 years of age.
Have u got the right kid? Saying his 19 years of age and 198 cm

i don't know about you lids Delids but i'm pretty sure you have the right Temel not the other poster.

Top 10 LOL. Has improved alot and may get drafted but good judges reckon he'll rookie.
Not even the best big or forward at Cannons - hes playing in backline cause he can.

Its Obvious the Good judges that you have been talking to Know there stuff!!!:confused::confused:

LOL!

i don't know about you lids Delids but i'm pretty sure you have the right Temel not the other poster.

Sorry, not clear enough. My comments and details were about Fewster - the second player originally asked about.

Just on Temel, thought he was good again against Eastern on Saturday. Only two goals but missed 3 or 4 shots but set up a number of goals for other players, some by getting on the ground and handballing to players running past and some by passing to players in better positions. Impressive.

Saw Temel play against Eastern Rangers on the weekend and whilst he played quite well and did some impressive things, I would only want Richmond to pick him up with a third or fourth rounder or later. It would be interesting to see how his speed and fitness is ... is he invited to state screening or draft camp?

I was watching the TAC Cup Grand Final and Serhat Temel for the Calder Cannons played a brilliant game in full-forward, kicking 5 goals. His marking was very strong, he cleaned up his opponent for the majority of the game and his accuracy infront of goal was very good. I don't know why I haven't heard his name mentioned earlier, watching his game, he clearly seems to be the best contestant mark in the TAC Cup and he's something the Bulldogs need badly. Where abouts will he get drafted? If KPFs are so valuable, then I can't see him being selected too late. Not many seem to rate him but I think he'll be a steal.

I was watching the TAC Cup Grand Final and Serhat Temel for the Calder Cannons played a brilliant game in full-forward, kicking 5 goals. His marking was very strong, he cleaned up his opponent for the majority of the game and his accuracy infront of goal was very good. I don't know why I haven't heard his name mentioned earlier, watching his game, he clearly seems to be the best contestant mark in the TAC Cup and he's something the Bulldogs need badly. Where abouts will he get drafted? If KPFs are so valuable, then I can't see him being selected too late. Not many seem to rate him but I think he'll be a steal.
Bomberblitz calls dibs - we've had a thread on him for a while.

The query would be over his athleticism in the AFL. He's got legs like tree trunks on him already, but won't have the same strength advantage that he has now. Carlisle was very quiet in the GF, but he has the pace, height and athleticism that's required at AFL level.

Bomberblitz calls dibs - we've had a thread on him for a while.

I didn't find anything with the search function

The query would be over his athleticism in the AFL. He's got legs like tree trunks on him already, but won't have the same strength advantage that he has now. Carlisle was very quiet in the GF, but he has the pace, height and athleticism that's required at AFL level.

This is where development comes in. From what I've seen, he knows how to get his hands on the ball in a contest and so he obviosly specializes in that area. If he gradually aquired more bulk during his AFL career, I could see him easily out-muscling opposition defenders. He's a pack-marker, not a lead-up forward.

I didn't find anything with the search function

This is where development comes in. From what I've seen, he knows how to get his hands on the ball in a contest and so he obviosly specializes in that area. If he gradually aquired more bulk during his AFL career, I could see him easily out-muscling opposition defenders. He's a pack-marker, not a lead-up forward.

True, he could be an effective forward, but a somewhat limited one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Profile Serhat Temel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back