State of Origin Series XVIII Round 2: Vic Metro v Allies @ Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

nfa4O7X.png

SGqgR3m.png

SERIES XVIII - ROUND 2
VIC METRO v ALLIES

{ Preview by damicky }
{ Preview not found }

LAST TIME
ALLIES 14.13.97
def
VIC METRO

The last time these two sides met in State of Origin was an off-Broadway affair at the equally off-Broadway venue - GIANTS Stadium. Despite a late scare, the Allies led comfortably at every change to hold on after a last quarter Metro fightback would ultimately see them prevail by 12 points in a dead rubber.

In Series XVIII, both these sides will be looking to open their accounts for Series XVIII - The Allies coming in off a heartbreaking 9 point loss after leading late in the final stanza against South Australia, while Metro 'enjoyed' everybody's favourite qooty event - the bye in round 1. Vic Metro will be looking to recapture their SXVI form after a disappointing Series XVII, while the Allies will be hoping for an immediate change of fortunes as they still seek to make their first decider since the concept's rebirth back in Series XIV.

ONES TO WATCH

VIC METRO

A rejuvenated Vic Metro have added some star power to their line up in Series XVIII, with Fred Medallist gab213 & back to back Premiership winner Ligma coming in for their first State of Origin series. Add the competition's 2nd leading goalkicker of all time & vice captain okeydoke7 along with the Furies skipper and reigning All-SFA half back flanker (not a play on words, promise) James Colorado and the Metro side takes on a new complexion heading into the series.

ALLIES

In an Allies side packed with talent, few come bigger than Hall of Famers Dingster & The Filth Wizard (also not a play on words, promise!). The former supporting newly installed skipper damicky from a cushy vice captaincy position, while the latter bagged himself 7 big ones in their agonising loss in Rd 1. Add fellow HOFer, current admin and assistant State of Origin czar Kennedy Parker that mix, along with Premiership winning not ruckman U2tigers and a raft of runner up Wonders led by a superb performance by the league's favourite octogenarian Grand Uncle Horace and this is a side on paper that could do some damage if they can find the right mix on the park.

Captains please have your teamsheets in by Friday 11.59PM AEST.
Game day is this Sunday 9th July.

NaturalDisaster damicky

Last edited:

Prefer the Big V was white rather than m & m light blue. We may lose because of this.

I saw a sign that said "Do Not TOUCH!"
There was something wrong with that sign, I just know it. But I can't put my finger on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's tough for we US citizens to kick off SoO banter... but at least I get an early post in!
New York is so overrated. Los Angeles is where it's at!

I thought we could try some US SOO banter to include our American contingent

Me and Strigoi grew up in different areas of the country, but we get along just fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin Series XVIII Round 2: Vic Metro v Allies @ Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back