Rumour Setanta O'hAilpin

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont want him. Isn't he the guy who belted his own team mate? We don't need pricks like that (guess who else was like that?) Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Funny situation that....

Cons: Gave Cameron Cloke a booting

Pros: Gave Cameron Cloke a booting...

Which comes out on top ???

This has to count as a positive!

Actually speaking of Cameron Cloke, if our interest in O'hAilpin indicates we might be trading Minson and looking for a more versatile, experienced tall who can pinch hit in the ruck and in a KP if required due to the new interchange rules, Cameron Cloke could be the kind of player we could look at. Not that I hope we would, as Roughead and Hudson would ruck and Cordy would develop in the twos, and Cloke would just block the development of Cordy and Panos. Which, hold on, is exactly what O'hAilpin would end up doing.

I like O'hAilpin but can't see him being anything but detrimental unless we trade away Minson and need the insurance.

To trade away Minson I'd want pick a pick from 15 - 25 that we can ontrade for Sherman, and Puopolo (sp?)

do-not-want-dog.jpg

hudson will probably only have a year left in him and i don't want rush cordy to fast so why not. i heard all these arguments from the magpie supporters when they recruited leigh brown and now he is a cult hero. he can play foreward, ruck and back. every ruckman now will need to be able to play multiple positions and minson can't do that and to some extent neither can hudson. hudson does look unconfitable up foreward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hudson will probably only have a year left in him and i don't want rush cordy to fast so why not. i heard all these arguments from the magpie supporters when they recruited leigh brown and now he is a cult hero. he can play foreward, ruck and back. every ruckman now will need to be able to play multiple positions and minson can't do that and to some extent neither can hudson. hudson does look unconfitable up foreward.

So your saying because the Leigh Brown trade worked for Collingwood we should bring in O'hAilpin?

Dont want him. Isn't he the guy who belted his own team mate? We don't need pricks like that (guess who else was like that?) Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Exactly. When the guy was down, too. Absolute scum, and in this instance I don't care what his upside is, would be disgusted if we got him. Would put paid to any of this 'building a professional team culture' thing we've been hearing from the club, too.

And you are not?

In simple terms if we trade Minson which sounds likely will will need some sort of mature bodied player to give us some ruck depth.

Hudson is our clear no.1, Roughead will be our no.2 come the start of the 2011 season, but if either of these 2 get injured we might be caught out. If we keep Minson as our back-up he will cost us probably $300K. If we get Setanta (or like player) we could pay him half of this amount and can then use the money saved elsewhere.

What you have just said there is the reason why we will never move forward as a club.. I read and respect your opinions Pigdog...
But......... Tell me what is Prato and Cordy on our list for? If we keep bring in players as 'back ups', when will these kids get a game?

In sport my friend when an injury happens, players below need to be given an opportunity ready or not ready to show what they are made off. If you constantly have mediocre 'back up' players filling the gaps, you will never improve as a team.. Sentanta is not the answer.. If Hudson or Roughead goes down, play Cordy even if he isn't going to contest but his development will benefit more than playing an average player..

Lets be honest we aren't contesting next year for the cup so why not use it as a development year and see how our young crop go at it..

I dont care if we get him and carlton pays his whole salary. How on earth this bloke will help us is beyond me. Surely it cant and wont happen. I will spew up if it does.

What you have just said there is the reason why we will never move forward as a club.. I read and respect your opinions Pigdog...
But......... Tell me what is Prato and Cordy on our list for? If we keep bring in players as 'back ups', when will these kids get a game?

In sport my friend when an injury happens, players below need to be given an opportunity ready or not ready to show what they are made off. If you constantly have mediocre 'back up' players filling the gaps, you will never improve as a team.. Sentanta is not the answer.. If Hudson or Roughead goes down, play Cordy even if he isn't going to contest but his development will benefit more than playing an average player....

Prato played reserves at Williamstown this year... he is miles off.

Cordy has played about 6 games in 2 & 1/2 years.... getting through a full season of footy at any level would be a massive benefit to his development, but we can't throw him to the wolves and set him back by being man-handled week after week.

Lets be honest we aren't contesting next year for the cup so why not use it as a development year and see how our young crop go at it..

Why not?

We will improve next year.

Prato played reserves at Williamstown this year... he is miles off.

Cordy has played about 6 games in 2 & 1/2 years.... getting through a full season of footy at any level would be a massive benefit to his development, but we can't throw him to the wolves and set him back by being man-handled week after week.

Why not?

We will improve next year.

It's not guaranteed
Our younger players need another 22 games in them..

Setanta is a dog **** and needs to be sent back home with a one way ticket on Air Ireland. I hope he does not get a game with any club. He is a list cloger.

Setanta is a dog **** and needs to be sent back home with a one way ticket on Air Ireland. I hope he does not get a game with any club. He is a list cloger.

What is this view based on? We know about the kicking episode.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back