Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Were they ment to be ???????? Not sure i dont think we did, maybe Yea got a bit more Rain than Us its guna be interesting anyway what happens tonight ! What would happen if Alexandra lost would they Stay in our Comp anymore ??

ANYBODY READ TODAYS LOCAL PAPER THE UMPIRES FOR A-GRADE ARE PETER BAKER & ALLAN SOMEONE WHY DO WE BOTHER PUTTING UMPIRE REPORTS EVERY WEEK , adam mumford is doing B-Grade and Hendo is doing C-Grade what a JOKE.............! :thumbsdown:
I don't think Hendo can work Sundays.
Is it true wink that Avenel wouldn't allow sawdust to be put on the run ups on Saturday? I heard that it would have allowed the game to start much earlier. I guess when you finish on top there's not much incentive to insure the maximum hours of play are achieved.
Should the SDCA look at introducing a rule allowing extended hours of play in finals if weather effects matches? For example, our B-grade semi final got under way at about 4 o'clock on saturday. Weather conditions would have allowed us to play until 7.00pm that evening, we could have started at 11.00am and played until 7.00pm Sunday thus making up the hours of play lost due to bad weather. I'm sure similar gains would have been made at other venues. What are peoples thoughts?

yeah the allocation of umpires for the big games remains a blight on the sdca! they continue to give games to the lesser of the umpires in the district while great umpires like hendo, doona and mumfy either get lower grades or no games at all.

the guy who is along side mumfy for the B grade grannie if i'm not mistaken is the guy who umpired a game i witnessed 2 weekends ago between tallarook and broadford. to say this guy was shocking is an understatement. i heard he gave 13 lbw's in that game, not sure if this is correct but the 2 i seen given against travis muir and robbie douglas were an absolute disgrace. Something needs to be done about this as i'm sure a grandfinal will be decided by the umpires and not the players sooner rather than later!!

Im unsure of the outcome but you can bet Alex will get fined but still be in the granny thank god they stuffed the wicket this has been the best stuff on the SDCA thread for ages,as for the umpires the appointment of one umpire has the game 50/50 he does not like a few Avenel players and let me tell you who havent had him l would rather Jimmy yes l said Jimmy.
On the saw dust you will find it was the trustees of the ground who said no and as a greenkeeper let me tell you unless its the odd spot in run ups you dont want it on your grounds.

JUST THINKING if the ground has to be in the same condition for both sides and you put a crap load of saw dust on should it stay there for both innings?

Im unsure of the outcome but you can bet Alex will get fined but still be in the granny thank god they stuffed the wicket this has been the best stuff on the SDCA thread for ages,as for the umpires the appointment of one umpire has the game 50/50 he does not like a few Avenel players and let me tell you who havent had him l would rather Jimmy yes l said Jimmy.
On the saw dust you will find it was the trustees of the ground who said no and as a greenkeeper let me tell you unless its the odd spot in run ups you dont want it on your grounds.

JUST THINKING if the ground has to be in the same condition for both sides and you put a crap load of saw dust on should it stay there for both innings?
Not doubting your credentials as a green keeper Jobby but they do use it on cricket grounds all over the world and I'm sure it could have been raked up at the end of the day. In any case Butch Canobie is hardly an impartial third party and rumour has it he was phoned by the Avenel boys after the Tallarook boys organized someone to bring the stuff. Is Butch even on the Ground Trustees committee?:D
On the Grand Final, If what I just heard is correct Avenel will have to cool their heels for another week while they await the result of the Alex v Broadford rematch:eek::eek::eek:. Can you believe that.

Wow. Came across this thread a few weeks ago looking for a summary of country week and have had a read recently. Gotta say im suprised by a few of the comments, today in particular has been quite intriguing...
Right now i spose the first question to ask is, Is this the first time a 'rematch' has been scheduled for a final in SDCA history... Interesting.
Looks like the avenal boys get a week off...
And does this mean any other games that were affected by weather now have a right to request a rematch?! ie: the c grade semi and even the other a grade semi which was rain affected...
Either way, very suprised by the result. Seems like butch really wants his boys to win a flag...

Wow, is this 100% correct rematch at Alexandra ?
It was always going to be a tough call as it looked more of a communication error with Yea than a deliberate action but I suppose the bottom line is the covers weren't on Friday night and whether it rained or not I guess it broke the rules. Big call if true by the league and definitely a precedent for any future controversies of this nature.

Wow. Came across this thread a few weeks ago looking for a summary of country week and have had a read recently. Gotta say im suprised by a few of the comments, today in particular has been quite intriguing...
Right now i spose the first question to ask is, Is this the first time a 'rematch' has been scheduled for a final in SDCA history... Interesting.
Looks like the avenal boys get a week off...
And does this mean any other games that were affected by weather now have a right to request a rematch?! ie: the c grade semi and even the other a grade semi which was rain affected...
Either way, very suprised by the result. Seems like butch really wants his boys to win a flag...
I'm pretty sure Butch wouldn't have been on the tribunal, so it seems quite unfair to question his integrity like that:thumbsdown:. I don't know if you know him but he's an honest man and I have no doubt he would have distanced himself from any decision making process in this matter. I reckon the tribunal has just had a dollar each way.
I'm sure some at Tallarook will be kicking themselves now for not appealing the result of our A grade semi on the basis that the umpire was prepared to let the game get under way only to be denied by the ground trustee's refusal to allow the use of saw dust. With the benefit of hindsight I reckon it might of got up. Bugger.

Pete Ingham 4 weeks suspended sentence!! what the hell?? nothing against pete and i understand he was upset but when you smash the stumps out of the ground at both ends of the wicket I think you deserve at least 4 weeks. the sdca needs to toughen up on these actions or all hell will break loose!!

Get on the Rook in the B-grade grand final - either way Sunday night and Mad Monday will be enjoyable, just as long as a few blokes with priors remember how to behave after dark and a gutfull of grog ;)

Also get on and check out the Broadford Football Netball Club's new website it's a ripper - go to www.broadfordfnc.com.au cheap memberships and fantastic looking club gear, looking forward to a year watching the locals for a change :thumbsu:

Get on the Rook in the B-grade grand final - either way Sunday night and Mad Monday will be enjoyable, just as long as a few blokes with priors remember how to behave after dark and a gutfull of grog ;)

Also get on and check out the Broadford Football Netball Club's new website it's a ripper - go to www.broadfordfnc.com.au cheap memberships and fantastic looking club gear, looking forward to a year watching the locals for a change :thumbsu:

Did you give Doona your password Jazzy?:D:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

more like hijacked it!! :eek: forgot to log off, all settled now!! but def get on the broadford footy club, they are heading in the right direction!!

maybe the bigshow this weekend can live up to his name, come on aj we need a hundred from ya!! actually might need a 5 for as well!! ;)

I'm pretty sure Butch wouldn't have been on the tribunal, so it seems quite unfair to question his integrity like that:thumbsdown:. I don't know if you know him but he's an honest man and I have no doubt he would have distanced himself from any decision making process in this matter. I reckon the tribunal has just had a dollar each way.
I'm sure some at Tallarook will be kicking themselves now for not appealing the result of our A grade semi on the basis that the umpire was prepared to let the game get under way only to be denied by the ground trustee's refusal to allow the use of saw dust. With the benefit of hindsight I reckon it might of got up. Bugger.

That is exactly why this decision is a joke as it completely ignores any common sense. Regardless of any neglect by Yea in doing the job they said they would do, IT PISSED DOWN IN YEA MOST OF SATURDAY We would have hardly played even with the best covers in the world. The Yea Races were abandoned, Avenel were washed out and even the Vics who have the best gear and curators in the business were washed out. Broadford are pathetic for even going down this path. As for Butch: I do not know him well but he needs to make a choice between his league and Broadford responsibilities. He was screaming out an irrational rant on the Sunday from the sidelines, which was completely innapropriate for a league official. This league needs an overhaul if it is to keep all its clubs.

That is exactly why this decision is a joke as it completely ignores any common sense. Regardless of any neglect by Yea in doing the job they said they would do, IT PISSED DOWN IN YEA MOST OF SATURDAY We would have hardly played even with the best covers in the world. The Yea Races were abandoned, Avenel were washed out and even the Vics who have the best gear and curators in the business were washed out. Broadford are pathetic for even going down this path. As for Butch: I do not know him well but he needs to make a choice between his league and Broadford responsibilities. He was screaming out an irrational rant on the Sunday from the sidelines, which was completely innapropriate for a league official. This league needs an overhaul if it is to keep all its clubs.

Pretty well said Herbie it doesn't really make any sense at all the decision. A rematch I believe is ridiculous how did they come up with it ?? I mean if Alex were found to be in the wrong then the game should have been awarded to Broadford and if Alex were found not to have done the wrong thing they should have won the game. They've pretty much said yeah Alex were in the wrong we'll award the game to Broadford but then someone said yeah but the Yea curator was involved and it did rain all day Saturday so that would be harsh how about we have a rematch. Karma could yet come back to bite Broadford as rain is forecast for Sunday. Drama you've got to love it

Pete Ingham 4 weeks suspended sentence!! what the hell?? nothing against pete and i understand he was upset but when you smash the stumps out of the ground at both ends of the wicket I think you deserve at least 4 weeks. the sdca needs to toughen up on these actions or all hell will break loose!!

Haha that is one of the funniest things i have heard all year...Petie Ingham is a giant wank and no one should act like he did...would have been hilarious to see though haha

Just wondering if umpires have to be paid during finals in the case of a wash out and a ball not being bowled???

Where are the B and C grade finals being played this week ??

In my opinon Broadford are very lucky in getting a rematch but all credit to em i would of done anything to get our boys a second chance at playing our semi against Kilmore this week, dont no why a C grade final cannot be changed to a sunday incase of inclement weather on the saturday considering we only play 1 day matches, very dissapointing to play a whole year only for it to be determined by the weather. Maybe if the sides whose matches where interupted and decided by the weather made a complaint and took it to the tribunal aswell we all would be playing a rematch this week but i doubt it.

Seems like it was Broadfords week this week with the A grade getting a rematch and the guy in the B's getting off what should have surely been a suspension. I think he's the same guy that was throwing his bat and near in tears at Thornton when the crowd were getting into him after he was run out. Didn't win the crowd over while bowling with his arms in air groaning and oohs and stares after every ball even when they were 3 foot outside off it was very amusing.

Geez it's nearly going to be worth the trip just to see how Butch reacts when you tell him how you feel whilst not hiding behind an alias :eek:

Just wondering if umpires have to be paid during finals in the case of a wash out and a ball not being bowled???

Where are the B and C grade finals being played this week ??

In my opinon Broadford are very lucky in getting a rematch but all credit to em i would of done anything to get our boys a second chance at playing our semi against Kilmore this week, dont no why a C grade final cannot be changed to a sunday incase of inclement weather on the saturday considering we only play 1 day matches, very dissapointing to play a whole year only for it to be determined by the weather. Maybe if the sides whose matches where interupted and decided by the weather made a complaint and took it to the tribunal aswell we all would be playing a rematch this week but i doubt it.

think there needs to be some common sense rules done up for all the reasons that have been discussed before. Alot of good points have been made and maybe should be brought up by club's delegates at the next sdca meeting.

Joey i know the b grade granny is on at nagambie, get on the rook boys!!

Not doubting your credentials as a green keeper Jobby but they do use it on cricket grounds all over the world and I'm sure it could have been raked up at the end of the day. In any case Butch Canobie is hardly an impartial third party and rumour has it he was phoned by the Avenel boys after the Tallarook boys organized someone to bring the stuff. Is Butch even on the Ground Trustees committee?:D
On the Grand Final, If what I just heard is correct Avenel will have to cool their heels for another week while they await the result of the Alex v Broadford rematch:eek::eek::eek:. Can you believe that.
A few people may want to ask the umpire why he went cold on the idea (of getting a start) after asking the question to K.D "who gets sued if someone hurts themselves if I say its ok to play"
And yes they use it all over the world but they dont use 4 bags at a time and if you think we are harsh ask Ken Hall if you can put it on Kings Park next time its wet or Laurie Boyd at Kilmore lm sure they are impartial.
And whilst on a rant you boys lm guessing who dont now Butch Inness you better hope he never finds out your bagging him because butch loves the SDCA and there is many a man who have tried and not won or lived for that matter

1 -The tribunal is made up of 3 independant people
2 -These 3 people must make a decision using the guidelines set out in the SDCA rule book,if not it then goes to the VCA rulebook
3 - I thought in our league you got a fine for not putting the covers on?

If you look at this from another angle this may stop a few clubs that have isolated showers just short of a good length (when they have batted the week before) from getting away with it just say covers were not on go to tribunal win appeal stop all clubs from playing the next round and you and the isolated shower team can re play the match

ok lm taking the piss settle down just having some fun

Seems like it was Broadfords week this week with the A grade getting a rematch and the guy in the B's getting off what should have surely been a suspension. I think he's the same guy that was throwing his bat and near in tears at Thornton when the crowd were getting into him after he was run out. Didn't win the crowd over while bowling with his arms in air groaning and oohs and stares after every ball even when they were 3 foot outside off it was very amusing.

Like i said before mate this Peter Ingham guy is a an absolute f#$kwit and gave all us Kilmore boys the absolute shits in our last game and our other game against them before xmas...how he could possibly get off after conduct like that is an absolute disgrace...been a poor week for everyone involved in the judiciary this week i d say

Remove this Banner Ad

Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back