Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea beat Seymour in the A's. Was meant to be a Saturday/Sunday game, but due to the overnight rain only Saturday was played.

Seymour bowled out for 76. Dan Evans the destroyer taking 5/14.

In reply Yea had an hour to make the runs and did so comfortably making 3/89 by close of play

Yea beat Seymour in the A's. Was meant to be a Saturday/Sunday game, but due to the overnight rain only Saturday was played.

Seymour bowled out for 76. Dan Evans the destroyer taking 5/14.

In reply Yea had an hour to make the runs and did so comfortably making 3/89 by close of play

Who got the quick runs buzzard? Any truth there was a little bit of niggle between the Seymour skipper and a couple of young Tigers?

Lachie Atkins posted a quickfire 29, Ryan Akers 16 and Josh Cunningham 23 not out.

Let's just say that the Seymour Skipper after dishing a bit of lip out himself, didn't like receiving lip back particuarly from blokes younger then him. Will make for an interesting match next yr. :thumbsu:

Scores off the Big Cricket Forum

Round 6 (Day One)

A-Grade

Broadford 101 vs. Tallarook 9/98

Had a call from one of the boys earlier to say Broadford defeated Tallarook outright this afternoon. A-grade debutante Michael Berry took the remaining wicket (Tim Muir) before Broadford crashed to 7/30 odd with Joey Tarran taking six of those. Mick Edwards and skipper Red Inness put on 50 odd for the last wicket to see Broady post around a 100 run lead. With a tick over 20 overs to get em, Tallarook were 0/15 after a couple before being all out for 45 or so - Joel Dunn collecting a five wicket haul in the second dig.

:thumbsu: Good on the red & blacks, thats two in a row after many tipped em to have a woeful year on the back of losing blokes like Blackwell, Douglas, Cavigan and Billy Neilson.

Scores off the Big Cricket Forum

Results

Round 6 (Day One)

A-Grade

Eastern Hill 0/3 vs. Avenel 192
Broadford 101 vs. Tallarook 9/98

B-Grade

Tallarook 226 vs. Broadford
Kilmore 6/61 vs. Avenel 115
Eastern Hill 5/10 vs. Nagambie 308
Seymour 210 vs. Royals

C-Grade

Kilmore 0/74 def. Alexandra 72
Tallarook 6/220 def. Puckapunyal Nomads 89
Thornton 210 def. Broadford Black 85
Puckapunyal Wanderers 160 def. Eastern Hill 151

Add to that

Kilmore 142 v Alex 1/9 in the A Grade

Kilmore A Grade got up bowling Alex out for around 80. T.Blackwell the star with the ball with a sharp 8 wicket haul. In the second didg kilmore were 1/20ish before the close of play.
Kilmore B Grade also got up comfortably over Avenel after a delayed start, knocking off the defecate losing one more wicket before the declaration at 8-160ish then picked up a few cheapies having Avenel 5-30ish when before stumps were drawn

Kilmore A Grade got up bowling Alex out for around 80. T.Blackwell the star with the ball with a sharp 8 wicket haul. In the second didg kilmore were 1/20ish before the close of play.

Write off Kilmore at your own peril I say, she's a two horse race already perhaps? The Wizard was adament they could win midweek when I caught up with him, and to snag an 8-for is sensational from the old boy - now all that's needed is for one or two more batsman to give McLeod a chop out :thumbsu:

Write off Kilmore at your own peril I say, she's a two horse race already perhaps? The Wizard was adament they could win midweek when I caught up with him, and to snag an 8-for is sensational from the old boy - now all that's needed is for one or two more batsman to give McLeod a chop out :thumbsu:

I like it Doon...but ur right bout helping out Rodda...theres plenty of capable bats with Tassone, Hede, Barrow, Blackwell and Sowden its just a matter of more than one or two guys firing week in week out...consistency is what we re really firing for now after some good wins :thumbsu:

Some Results off the Big Cricket Forum

Results

Round 6 (Day Two)

A-Grade

Broadford 101 & 100 def. Tallarook 99 & 49
Kilmore 142 & 1/22 def. Alexandra 74
Avenel 192 def. Eastern Hill 142
Yea Tigers def. Seymour

B-Grade

Tallarook 228 def. Broadford 157
Nagambie 308 def. Eastern Hill 8/126 & 9/41
Royals 5/218 def. Seymour 210
Alexandra 204 vs. Yea Tigers ???

C-Grade

Thornton 6/95 def. Puckapunyal Nomads 92
Alexandra 8/240 def. Broadford Red 9/235 ??? I heard that Broadford won this game
Avenel 5/128 def. Nagambie 122
Puckapunyal Wanderers 0/155 def. Seymour 6/144
Flowerdale 125 def. Broadford Black 94

Anyone know the result of the Alex v Yea game ? It was Saturday/Sunday did the weather hold out on the Sunday to get a result

Some Results off the Big Cricket Forum

Results

Round 6 (Day Two)

C-Grade

Thornton 6/95 def. Puckapunyal Nomads 92
Alexandra 8/240 def. Broadford Red 9/235 ??? I heard that Broadford won this game
Avenel 5/128 def. Nagambie 122
Puckapunyal Wanderers 0/155 def. Seymour 6/144
Flowerdale 125 def. Broadford Black 94

/quote]
Once again we have a team from pucka winning games easily pre xmas, the next couple of weeks we will see them unable to field a team.

Tallarook A Grade posted 6/193cc against Avenal on Saturday after being 6/63 at one stage. Enter 2 of the oldest guys in the SDCA, Sam Watts and Cricket Hateley. Cricket finished of 83 no and Sam 45 no. An awesome effort by the old fellas and showed plenty of heart and grindage. Not sure it will be enough with a few key guys out but has given the boys a chance!!

Tallarook A Grade posted 6/193cc against Avenal on Saturday after being 6/63 at one stage. Enter 2 of the oldest guys in the SDCA, Sam Watts and Cricket Hateley. Cricket finished of 83 no and Sam 45 no. An awesome effort by the old fellas and showed plenty of heart and grindage. Not sure it will be enough with a few key guys out but has given the boys a chance!!
Obviously the Avenel boys bowled too straight then...Cricket and Sammy only had one shot between them ten years ago and that was the leg glance!!!!

Obviously the Avenel boys bowled too straight then...Cricket and Sammy only had one shot between them ten years ago and that was the leg glance!!!!

Ha ha thought the exact same thing trwab - is this purely an example of two exceptional SDCA cricketers still firing in their 50's or something else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thornton played Nagambie at Nagambie in the B Grade and finished on 8/247 cc after winning the toss and batting. David Evans the star with a great 122.

C Grade took on a very strong Pyalong side and werent disgraced. Pyalong made 255 and in reply Thornton got too 8/173 cc. So a decent effort

Alex I hear made about 275 against E/Hill and their B Grade are on the verge of another victory just requiring 10 runs or so with 8 wickets in hand against Broadford

Any word on the big B-grade one dayer at the 'Rook yesterday??? Jazzy Howard hasn't fronted (again) today. Still couldn't work out why it became a one-day fixture, why wasn't it a Sunday/Sunday 2 dayer, or why wasn't it picked up and then scheduled elsewhere when the draw came out 2 months ago.

Anyone know a score or the reasons why?

Any word on the big B-grade one dayer at the 'Rook yesterday??? Jazzy Howard hasn't fronted (again) today. Still couldn't work out why it became a one-day fixture, why wasn't it a Sunday/Sunday 2 dayer, or why wasn't it picked up and then scheduled elsewhere when the draw came out 2 months ago.

Anyone know a score or the reasons why?

Here you go Doona this is what Sheafie posted about this game on the Big Cricket forum

Kilmore B's also knocked off Tallarook, batting first made 185 in the 45th...C Brown 59, J Colliss 23, J Walton 21...G Hatley with 3 for 17 i think, Kilmore knocked Tallarook over for around 120 i think with Hatley making 23 and B Williams 20 odd down the order...disappointing for Kilmore B graders being deprived of a chance for the two dayer because Tallarook were gonna be struggling for players the following Sunday...poor form SDCA on this one...good chance for Kilmore to push for an outright and the league scedules a one dayer to suit the needs of Tallarook rather than a fair 2 day fixture

the sdca knew at the start of the season re the fixture screw up and chose to do nothing which cause this major screw up. the tcc came up with what we thought was a fair way to run it: b grade this sat/sun and a grade the following sat/sun but avenal were unable to get an a grade team together for the sat/sun fixture.

so ted the sdca i think helped us out as they did for avenal because they made the stuff up and why should our club or avenal be disadvantaged by a scheduling error!!

I didnt have an issue with it Jazzy - that was what Sheafie from Kilmore posted on the big cricket forum I just copied and pasted it from Big Cricket because Doona wanted to know what happpened.

the sdca knew at the start of the season re the fixture screw up and chose to do nothing which cause this major screw up. the tcc came up with what we thought was a fair way to run it: b grade this sat/sun and a grade the following sat/sun but avenal were unable to get an a grade team together for the sat/sun fixture.
so ted the sdca i think helped us out as they did for avenal because they made the stuff up and why should our club or avenal be disadvantaged by a scheduling error!!

Glad to hear (and see) you're feeling better mate, believe or not we've managed to function in your absence :D

Agree A-grade cricket comes first, so why didn't you swap weekends and have the B's play this coming Sat/Sun?

This is a major stuff up by the league and the t.c.c and please dont try to wash your hands of the ludicrous situation.
In the current situation where you have 4 or 5 sides separated by a few points and other sides already getting outright points this early in the season a one day fixture is a serious disadvantage to any side.
The kcc bent over backwards to try to accommodate, find grounds or possible answers to achieve a two day fixture to have tallarook ring thursday night and say sunday/sunday game was not feasible since they would be missing too many players in the second week was laughable.
I completely understand that the Avenel Tallarook A Grade game has to take first priority and that avenel had declined a saturday/sunday game, which is there prerogative to do so, which meant a Saturday/Sunday game in b grade was no longer possible and I completely understand that the sanctity of the A Grade competition must take priority over any B Grade fixture but Tallarook surely owe a duty to the league which, the league, in turn owes a duty to the game to get a game on.
I can tell you for a fact that kilmore too were missing players due to the unfortunate situation but to merely walk away from a two day fixture to suit one side is a sad indictment on the club and league.
Very poor form shown by the tcc and the sdca.

Hows things looking over that way with the rain ? We got a fair bit over this way and I would imagine if there wasnt covers on some grounds the pitches would be wet and hard to prepare.
Mouche I understand where you're coming from we have a similar situation later on the season against Yea and it's frustrating but yourself and Sheafie are saying you were robbed of an outright, who's to say you would have won outright a 2 day game might have been a completely different situation anything can happen. If some games don't go ahead this weekend you will have recieved a massive free kick by getting your points last week so I would look on the positive side and say well at least we beat last years premiers who we wouldnt have expected to beat outright anyway when the draw came out

Speaking of Yea 'Ted', our ground is apparently being made unavailable to us from the 17th Dec (making this the last game played there) through to the last week before finals.

The AFL is taking control of it from there on in to prepare for a NAB challenge game. Bit rough for us, but the ground will get yet another makeover and will be in top nick for when finals (hopefully:cool:) and footy season rolls around.

On another topic all together lads, we all know that the SDCA had lost a lot of quality players in previous years and had turned into a bit of a joke of a competition.

However, this year, I feel the standard of play and the quality of each clubs facilities have dramatically improved, even from just last year. I can only speak for the A grade but i feel the majority of sides, when they get there best side on the park that is, can field close to 11 solid A-grade cricketers, with a few standouts.

You have the likes of Arandt, Boddington, Hill, Blackwell, Mcleod, and Pearce leading there respective sides and these blokes are fair dinkum decent cricketers. Then you have the younger blokes who all seem to have taken another step up this year and at around the 20-22 year old mark, should start performing consistently.

So, what do you think? Has the SDCA improved at all? The next step will be to get serious about Rep cricket again, and get a side over to Bendigo to make amends for the mess that was 2 years ago and get some respect back!

Can any of the yea boys tell me if your A Grade left arm opening bowler, when Seymour played ya's at Yea, has got a twin??? He looked very much like a young fella who gets his photo in the North central review nearly every week for assumption?? Maybe my eyes have been playing tricks on me.

Is Travis Blackwell still playing?? Was a good player three or four years ago in the Sale-Maffra cricket association at Bundalaguah. Had some success with the ball and bat...played against him at country week and he had slowed down alot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seymour District Cricket Association (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back