Seymour District Cricket Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha I like it Roota . . . . what's gunna happen with Big Mac will he travel back on Satdy's to play or was Sunday it. When does the new job start for Macca?

S. Peterson, S. Allum possibly M. McGregor which could then lead to L. Bennett could spell disaster for the one day champs?

The big Fish is gunna have to step up HaHa:D

who do you all believe provides the best arvo tea in the SDCA?

Id have to say from what Ive seen this year my order would go

Broadford (always variety and plenty to go around)
Tallarook (biggest threat since they've introduced hot tucker)
Eastern Hill (on the improve but need more quantity)
Seymour (Sanga's and watermelon last Sunday)
Kilmore (Sanga's only last Satdy)

Haven't had a royals arvo tea this season, but used to dominated by cakes and biscuits as most of them I think were single fella's. Nor have I been to Avenel but I do vividly remember the BBQ shapes and Doritos geting a run up there last year . . .

What a topic, I reckon my old mentor up at Strathmerton Bowie Clifton will have a chuckle, as himself, me and Spider Moloney used to joke about writing a no holds barred book on SDCA smoko's to put with the yearly handbook.

Our interest was triggered when Spider and Bowie cracked it one day when it was stinking hot up at Nagambie and Jimmy's young blokes had almost snaffled all the smoko by 3.20 when we got in.

It certainly has become a SDCA challenge and Tallarook are hot on Broady's tail, but the Hill are a bit of the pace yet Jac but I did like the spread ya's put on after one match early in the year:thumbsu:

I heard a young Kilmore lad unhappy earlier in the year as there was no ham/cheese only so what is it you lads like at the tea break :p

Those Avenel blokes are a disgrace l leave and the place goes to ********, l was always told
"if you cant make runs at least make a good ham and cheese"
you should be deducted 15 runs for every box of shapes

who do you all believe provides the best arvo tea in the SDCA?

Royals put on a great spread last week! It got there a bit late, but that meant we could all have a crack at the same time. There was a good variety of sangas/rolls, platter of fruit, party pies & sausage rolls(no sauce though:thumbsdown: ), and some ripper chocolate cake:p

roota u r a dead set d.i.c.k how can some 1 like u just get on here and start bagging ppl. your not goin to last long around here mate.so f.u.c.k off.from the real tom steven's

roota u r a dead set d.i.c.k how can some 1 like u just get on here and start bagging ppl. your not goin to last long around here mate.so f.u.c.k off.from the real tom steven's

Actually didn't read that as him bagging anyone, Dave. Merely showing a bit of confidence in his new club.
For those that care, Seymour was a comfortable-but-unconvincing winner over Royals today. Cleaned up Royals for 72 (Nathan Allum 6-14, M Grak 4-fa) before wobbling to 8/134 (Brett Gordon the best with 25) while chasing quick runs before declaring. Royals were 3-65odd in their second dig.
Anyone got any other scores?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually didn't read that as him bagging anyone, Dave. Merely showing a bit of confidence in his new club.
For those that care, Seymour was a comfortable-but-unconvincing winner over Royals today. Cleaned up Royals for 72 (Nathan Allum 6-14, M Grak 4-fa) before wobbling to 8/134 (Brett Gordon the best with 25) while chasing quick runs before declaring. Royals were 3-65odd in their second dig.
Anyone got any other scores?

Resuming at 2/118 Tallarook batted on til tea to post 6/261. Joey Tarran got 103 Adam Howard posting 73. Trav Hede got 3/45 Matty Plant 2 wickets although for me Stuie Wilkins was the pick but bowled without luck.

I honestly thought the Rook had killed the game, 40 overs for Kilmore to bat out for a draw. Low and behold by 5.50pm with 4.5 overs remaining and Kilmore had been rolled out for 90. Lee Irving got his second five wicket haul of the season with 5-15 from 7.1, Joey Tarran took 3-11 from 8 (5 maidens) as Justin Collis' 32 the sole shining light for Kilmore.

Broadford resumed at 6/70 to wobble along to 102 all out at Kings Park. At tea we heard the Hill were stumbling at 5/50, later on news came thru that Braody on the back of a 6 wicket haul from Trav Blackwell had won the match by 14 runs to retain their spot on top of the table.

Got a call from Nicho to say Yea had rolled Avenel. Reception wasn't flash so couldnt get too many details. I later got a message to say they had lost and the boys were cranking me so dunno who won that game - guess my suspicions are spot on Im not in favour out at Yea any more!!! Im sure they said Paddy O'Meara played which is good as he appeared to take quite ill at a game I officiated recently

Good to see the Wizzard doing well since coming back home to Broadford. Must be a big show come finals time?

Throw Adam Mumford in and they'll go real close Id say

good to see zac jones getting an 80 odd against seymour a very strong side in the B grade haha haha NOT

Dave or Tom or who ever you are, i will not f.u.c.k off as you request. I have not bagged anyone merely stood up for my new mates at Seymour when you attacked them. I reckon i will last along time around here mate, especially if it is only idiots like you who are going to try and get rid of me.

Seymour one day Champs 06/07 you bloody beauty!!!!

Dave or Tom or who ever you are, i will not f.u.c.k off as you request. I have not bagged anyone merely stood up for my new mates at Seymour when you attacked them. I reckon i will last along time around here mate, especially if it is only idiots like you who are going to try and get rid of me.

f.u.c.k up m8 go back to swan hill or where ever u came from
so how many games have u played 4 seymour

The last thing we need lads is to drive away any half decent cricketer that wants to join our comp coz lets be honest those doing the dominating at present are the same that have for well over a decade.

New blood with ability is what the SDCA is crying out for, not disrespectful young blokes that think they have it (ability) . . . . . we all know how big an audience BF has so lets pull up as all this childish bitching aint doing us any favours.

The last thing we need lads is to drive away any half decent cricketer that wants to join our comp coz lets be honest those doing the dominating at present are the same that have for well over a decade.

New blood with ability is what the SDCA is crying out for, not disrespectful young blokes that think they have it (ability) . . . . . we all know how big an audience BF has so lets pull up as all this childish bitching aint doing us any favours.
Well put oldmate but it may take a miracle to stop a few on this thread

Roota, thats the spirit mate, i saw a few balls early on in the one day final. Seymour will be in with a big chance if you can continue the form.

Don't worry about Royals, they are full of puss. Just a bunch of complete losers. A place where the tommy stevens' of this world fits right in, and his pathetic antics which degrade his club are accepted.

So don't listen to that garbage, keep up the good work in the SDCA. Doona is right. The SDCA needs to be encouraging guys like yourself to the league. Only way it will improve.

Good on Joey Tarran, 100. Absolute star.

good to see zac jones getting an 80 odd against seymour a very strong side in the B grade haha haha NOT

yeah, zac did have a fairly good knock against a depleted seymour side.. we may have a very young side in the b's.. but our young side is rapidly learning and developing, and could well be the future of s.c.c..

jonesy might be taking a crack at your spot smitty? little birdy from the hill believes that u r doing heck all, and your becoming the same old, over-rated "young gun" that doesnt deserve your spot and has plenty of mouth to share around..

why do you keep having a dig at seymour jac? surely you have something against us? u were such a strong talent at seymour, but it seems after leaving us for the hill, you have done nothing.. in the meantime, the mighty maroons winning a couple of flags.. and, we all get along and have a great time..

nothing is better than club success and enjoying your cricket with a great bunch of blokes.. so until you have something decent to take a stab at us for, get back in your cave with the other green-eyed monster tommy stevens.. :D jealousy is a curse smith!!

stop having a go at bennett too fella's, he is a top bloke, top cricketer, and welcome at seymour for hopefully many years to come..

congrats on joey hitting a ton.. i guess retirement is out of the question for another year hey joey?

also, mrs fishmunga and betty put on a smashing arvo tea!! :thumbsu:

I hope one day that u and tommy stop talking it up with your mouth and actually achieve something in cricket. as far as i know, u both have done nothing and have zero credibility.

i am assuming that both your IQ's are about the same as your batting average (very low), so you probably deserve a little slack with all the childish comments u's 2 make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back