Seymour District Cricket Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many games do u have to play to be able to qualify for finals?

Initially it's 5 club days in any specific grade, with no more than i think 7 days in a higher grade. If all 3 sides contest finals on the same weekend then it's open slather, and you can always be promoted up a grade, but should say your A's drop out and miss the GF you must've played the 5 B-grade days with no more than the 6-7 in the A's to drop back. Same goes from B to C

Is that close to correct fella's?

Yep, five days of cricket and I think those five days have to be at the lowest level you wish to participate in the finals.
For example, if you want to play C Grade finals you have to have played five days in that Grade. I don't think you can play C Grade finals if you have, say, played one B Grade two-dayer and three C Grade games.
Obviously five days worth of cricket in any Grade will qualify you for A Grade finals.
Clear as mud? I hope so...

Would Any blokes from Eastern Hill ask Ralphy if i could get my bat back for this week, borrowed it on country week and have not caught up with him since. Cheers:thumbsu:

Seems this Satdy could be Joey Pollock's final game for the Rook as my mail suggests even if both sides (A & B) play finals the selectors dont have him in favour. Back to pyalong for joey, capuano and zochy is the tip to join their pal aggro

I reckon he just aint old enough yet to play B-grade finals at the Rook, maybe in another 10-15 years. Surely the Rook have gotta win it this year as four in a row with such an aging list would be heartbreaking :p

Maybe if I aint present they might get up, spectated the 1st one then played (well :p ) in the 2nd ,then umpired last season. I will not go to the B-grade final as I may be the the (un)lucky charm!!!

will be aiming for selection doon but dont like my chances not even after my display of pure bowling brilliance on the tuesday of country week that ripped through their line up, 3- 30 and a few dropped catches as well, will continue to train and we will see how it goes.

will be aiming for selection doon but dont like my chances not even after my display of pure bowling brilliance on the tuesday of country week that ripped through their line up, 3- 30 and a few dropped catches as well, will continue to train and we will see how it goes.

cant work it out mate, a-grade cricketer most the year, now probably not gunna play B-grade finals - I'll be f*#@ed if your not in the club's best 22 cricketers . . . . . time will tell I spose.

cant work it out mate, a-grade cricketer most the year, now probably not gunna play B-grade finals - I'll be f*#@ed if your not in the club's best 22 cricketers . . . . . time will tell I spose.

Geez Doona you like stiring the possum dont you or are you just pissing in Joe's pocket in the hope that he may come and play Footy at Broadford? Tallarook like most clubs probably only have 3 or 4 legitimate A graders and about 25 B graders wich obviously makes it very difficult to satisfy everybody.

Sammy Watts liked Rookians when I asked him one day.

Either way, Tallarook is the safest best.

I heard about your country week exploits, must have been poor batsmen :D

Sorry mate forgot how 3 wickets playing rep cricket for your association is nothing compared with carving it up for the Lancefield Tigers E grade side, keep up the good work mate.

Sorry mate forgot how 3 wickets playing rep cricket for your association is nothing compared with carving it up for the Lancefield Tigers E grade side, keep up the good work mate.

You know I like ya Joey. If you don't play for Tallarook in the finals its will shock me and a number of others.

Would Any blokes from Eastern Hill ask Ralphy if i could get my bat back for this week, borrowed it on country week and have not caught up with him since. Cheers:thumbsu:

sorry to say joey but i think you might of gave your bat to the wrong person..u might have to buy your bat back off him :D ill try and get off him 4 ya mate...

Geez Doona you like stiring the possum dont you or are you just pissing in Joe's pocket in the hope that he may come and play Footy at Broadford? Tallarook like most clubs probably only have 3 or 4 legitimate A graders and about 25 B graders wich obviously makes it very difficult to satisfy everybody.

Dont look at it as stirring postman, myself, joeyboy and the Howie twins are all mates last time I looked, and as much as I give it to them about the rook they quick to say they'd retire rather than ever play at broadford.

Dont look too far into it pal, joey's missed a bit of cricket of late which may be held against him at the selection table, and as for footy, joey is a paid up and passionate Swan from all reports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont look at it as stirring postman, myself, joeyboy and the Howie twins are all mates last time I looked, and as much as I give it to them about the rook they quick to say they'd retire rather than ever play at broadford.

Dont look too far into it pal, joey's missed a bit of cricket of late which may be held against him at the selection table, and as for footy, joey is a paid up and passionate Swan from all reports.

I'm aware of you're friendship with the Howards and Joey and understand that your earlier quote was probably only designed to give a bit of a ribbing to Joe, however this is a public forum and many would read your views and make the assumption that Boonie is somehow victimised at Tallarook. This however could not be further from the truth as Joe has been given every chance to cement a place in either A or B grade, but after declaring himself unavailable for consecutive games will now find it difficult to force his way back into a B grade team that has performed very well all season. Perhaps Doona, you might suggest who should be left out in order to facilitate Joe's return.

I'm aware of you're friendship with the Howards and Joey and understand that your earlier quote was probably only designed to give a bit of a ribbing to Joe, however this is a public forum and many would read your views and make the assumption that Boonie is somehow victimised at Tallarook. This however could not be further from the truth as Joe has been given every chance to cement a place in either A or B grade, but after declaring himself unavailable for consecutive games will now find it difficult to force his way back into a B grade team that has performed very well all season. Perhaps Doona, you might suggest who should be left out in order to facilitate Joe's return.

Im well aware of why Joey hasn't been playing mate, and he also knows there's every chance tomorrow is his farewell tour. No need to go all diplomatic and down the public forum path, lets not go all seriousness now. Geez the Royals boys didnt care what picture they painted on this public forum and to be honest me and joey are cool which is all that matters.

I understand it could be disruptive to the Rook's finals hopes me trying to sneak a 23rd guy into the 22 so I promise no more suggestions from me (or posting what Howie tells me at work) as I quite enjoy dropping into the Rookery for a beer - nor would I want to upset selectors that read this :D

even though it happened a week ago thought i better post the fact that zochy made an unbeaten ton for the rook last week against a not 2 shabby yea b's. from all accounts it was a top knock, especially given the fact he came in at #7 with the rookas in huge trouble, only 2 save the day n keep there unbeaten streak goin! top bloke too:thumbsu:

even though it happened a week ago thought i better post the fact that zochy made an unbeaten ton for the rook last week against a not 2 shabby yea b's. from all accounts it was a top knock, especially given the fact he came in at #7 with the rookas in huge trouble, only 2 save the day n keep there unbeaten streak goin! top bloke too:thumbsu:

must agree buzz, it was great to see zochy make them runs not only for the team but for himself. He'd be the first to say he has struggled with the bat this year and hopefully this is the start of some big runs for the boy coming into finals. And yes one of the best guys at the club.

I personally think it will be a disgrace if joey doesn't get a run in one of the finals sides. A's have to make it first for him to be available for the B's. He deserves his spot as much as the next guy. Just because a guy is unavailable at the rook for a couple of games why does that then make him in the outer?? There are a number of guys in the B's for one reason or the other should be picked after joey. Would be very very handy in B grade finals. Mind you this all hinges on the fact A grade win as if they don't this week they could quiet easily miss.

I personally think it will be a disgrace if joey doesn't get a run in one of the finals sides. A's have to make it first for him to be available for the B's. He deserves his spot as much as the next guy. Just because a guy is unavailable at the rook for a couple of games why does that then make him in the outer?? There are a number of guys in the B's for one reason or the other should be picked after joey. Would be very very handy in B grade finals. Mind you this all hinges on the fact A grade win as if they don't this week they could quiet easily miss.

Lets leave that up to selectors . And how would you know how joey has been going, you havnt trained since christmas! You need a map to find out where the ground is?

As for the joey issue - if he makes the B Grade side, best of luck to him, but it makes it hard for selectors when he makes himself unavailable a few games in a row, and B Grade have a fairly settled side coming into the Finals undefeated all season, ide hate to have to tell a guy who has trained all season and played every game in the B Grade hes been dropped, always a tough job for the selectors.

Doon, we all know your ******** stirring, dont stop making comments, its what this crap is for.

Anyway, huge game for us A Graders today up against Broadford, must win game for us to make the finals, after Xavy assed a ton last week against us.;)

Can Tarran hit his 4th tonne in a row? Can i finally get a frigging score? time will tell...

Just wanted to say thanks to Steve Pink,committee and players of the Seymour C.C. for a most enjoyable evening with David Boon last night. Would have been interesting if he had been able to really let rip with a couple of his storys but for the presence of a few kids, but it was good to see some 'young'ins there and also having the guts to ask David some questions. Once again thanks for a good night :thumbsu: .

Interesting Day of Cricket @ the two venues i visited!
Seymour Vs Kilmore @ SCC Seymour 10-177, runs were shared amongst Brown, Grak, Allum, Watsom, Gordon. Wickets Matt Wilkins 3, Stu Wilkins 2 or 3. Kilmore were 0-6 or 7 at end of Play. Did well considering 6 players were out of the normal side. Adam Goudge stepped into the keeping position and was fantastic!
At Kings Park Eastern Hill got off to a flyer bowling Avenal out for 84
Stu Hanley taking another 6 wickets! Young Dallas (apprenctice) taking 4. E Hill were then in major trouble at 5-31, Pearce taking 3 wickets. Also apparently a bit of drama with old red knob bowling Mick Brown when he wasnt taking strike because of the rain, Brown given not out!
Peace

what a great nite was had by all on friday nite too see
the great man boonie
well done to the committee
only thing that let them down was the underage
drinking that was going on was a bit disapointing
:( :( :( :( :(

Interesting Day of Cricket @ the two venues i visited!
Seymour Vs Kilmore @ SCC Seymour 10-177, runs were shared amongst Brown, Grak, Allum, Watsom, Gordon. Wickets Matt Wilkins 3, Stu Wilkins 2 or 3. Kilmore were 0-6 or 7 at end of Play. Did well considering 6 players were out of the normal side. Adam Goudge stepped into the keeping position and was fantastic!
At Kings Park Eastern Hill got off to a flyer bowling Avenal out for 84
Stu Hanley taking another 6 wickets! Young Dallas (apprenctice) taking 4. E Hill were then in major trouble at 5-31, Pearce taking 3 wickets. Also apparently a bit of drama with old red knob bowling Mick Brown when he wasnt taking strike because of the rain, Brown given not out!
Peace

Broadford amassed 7/314 against the Rook at home today with most lads getting amongst them. Blacky 70, B. Spargo 62 not out, A. Neilson 48, M. Collier 43, J. Ingham 40, B. Neilson 36. Joey bowled his heart out to get 4/79 from 29 overs. Things coulda been a lot worse for the rook as both Strazz and Chippa Broady's 2 quicker scorers got ducks.

Our B's got 330 up at Bennett Oval against an undermanned Royals. Fresh from being dropped Liam Collier got 130 odd his maiden century in any grade of cricket, and Mumfy got 86 in his warm up for the finals. In reply I think the boys said Royals were 3/10.

Out at Yea Royals got 215, the final 3 partnerships scoring 120 runs. Armstrong survived a big LBW (No umpire Bakes no show) shout when on 0 to make 60 odd. Joel Dunn took 3 or 4 wkts, Nicho and Azz Miller a couple each. The Tigers are 0/66, Lachy 40 and Cosa 22.

Im well aware of why Joey hasn't been playing mate, and he also knows there's every chance tomorrow is his farewell tour. No need to go all diplomatic and down the public forum path, lets not go all seriousness now. Geez the Royals boys didnt care what picture they painted on this public forum and to be honest me and joey are cool which is all that matters.

I understand it could be disruptive to the Rook's finals hopes me trying to sneak a 23rd guy into the 22 so I promise no more suggestions from me (or posting what Howie tells me at work) as I quite enjoy dropping into the Rookery for a beer - nor would I want to upset selectors that read this :D
Perhaps one of the fundamental differences between the Two clubs.
As for Howie, perhaps his information would be more accurate if he actually spent some time around the club.I think his nose may be out of joint because of his inability to secure a regular B grade birth.As for you dropping into the Rook for a beer Doona of course your'e welcome any time. You may even be able to convince Jazzy to come with you at some stage.

Lets leave that up to selectors . And how would you know how joey has been going, you havnt trained since christmas! You need a map to find out where the ground is?

As for the joey issue - if he makes the B Grade side, best of luck to him, but it makes it hard for selectors when he makes himself unavailable a few games in a row, and B Grade have a fairly settled side coming into the Finals undefeated all season, ide hate to have to tell a guy who has trained all season and played every game in the B Grade hes been dropped, always a tough job for the selectors.

Doon, we all know your ******** stirring, dont stop making comments, its what this crap is for.

Anyway, huge game for us A Graders today up against Broadford, must win game for us to make the finals, after Xavy assed a ton last week against us.;)

Can Tarran hit his 4th tonne in a row? Can i finally get a frigging score? time will tell...
Here here. Well said Big Show you may be smarter than we all thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back