Media SFA Park (aka Dun Lop Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

On the eve of the Grand Final, controversy regarding the name of the stadium set to welcome the 110,000 expected crowd this Sunday has caused furore among league legends. Well, namely one. But he's a big one.

Sweet FA's Mobbs adamantly stands by the "correct" name of the stadium as Dun Lop Stadium while in recent seasons and seemingly routinely, this stadium has been officially recognised as SFA Park.

Nah I originally named it Dun Lop Stadium because when I went searching for a photo of a dilapitated arena I found one with a massive "Dun Lop" sign painted on it. AND I AM ALWAYS RIGHT WHATEVER I SAY BLAH BLAH BLAH

Mobbs doesn't have the greatest track record in the naming of key conventions within the league such as when he voted against the naming of the league Best and Fairest award in his own honour, a decision as ridiculous as the sim itself. This is yet another cause for concern ahead of Grand Final week and it begs the question, does anyone actually really ****ing care? Maybe. Who knows? What I do know though is that both names are equally boring and vanilla.

And so, as caretaker admin about to embark on the most ridiculously overhyped week there is in regards to awards with a splash of Grand Final mixed into that, I went digging. That's right, I'm so busy delegating responsibilities to the masses just so I can trawl through the archives myself, identify who the real p@tto_man is, look at Jeff Probst and Chloe Plowman, laugh at BACCSS, all to appease croweater 41...

Anyway, I went off track there. 14 years of memories sometimes get confusing to delineate...

Back to the task at hand. Just WHERE was the first ever Sweet FA Grand Final played - and equal to that, WHO was the administrator of the time?

Those questions can be answered simply with a link.

That's right. 8,330 days ago, and just mere weeks before the 9/11 attacks against the United States (conspiracy theorists alerted), with Mobbs as league administrator the Grand Final was played at, you guessed it, SFA Park.

SHAME SHAME SHAME!

Dun Lop Stadium will NEVER exist. SFA Park it is (boring name though).

On the eve of the Grand Final, controversy regarding the name of the stadium set to welcome the 110,000 expected crowd this Sunday has caused furore among league legends. Well, namely one. But he's a big one.

Sweet FA's Mobbs adamantly stands by the "correct" name of the stadium as Dun Lop Stadium while in recent seasons and seemingly routinely, this stadium has been officially recognised as SFA Park.

Mobbs doesn't have the greatest track record in the naming of key conventions within the league such as when he voted against the naming of the league Best and Fairest award in his own honour, a decision as ridiculous as the sim itself. This is yet another cause for concern ahead of Grand Final week and it begs the question, does anyone actually really ****ing care? Maybe. Who knows? What I do know though is that both names are equally boring and vanilla.

And so, as caretaker admin about to embark on the most ridiculously overhyped week there is in regards to awards with a splash of Grand Final mixed into that, I went digging. That's right, I'm so busy delegating responsibilities to the masses just so I can trawl through the archives myself, identify who the real p@tto_man is, look at Jeff Probst and Chloe Plowman, laugh at BACCSS, all to appease croweater 41...

Anyway, I went off track there. 14 years of memories sometimes get confusing to delineate...

Back to the task at hand. Just WHERE was the first ever Sweet FA Grand Final played - and equal to that, WHO was the administrator of the time?

Those questions can be answered simply with a link.

That's right. 8,330 days ago, and just mere weeks before the 9/11 attacks against the United States (conspiracy theorists alerted), with Mobbs as league administrator the Grand Final was played at, you guessed it, SFA Park.

SHAME SHAME SHAME!

Dun Lop Stadium will NEVER exist. SFA Park it is (boring name though).
Cute edit.

The timing of your post was uncanny
Check out ClarkeM fishing for beez votes right at the vinegar strokes. :D

Btw, I do stand by my idea that a name for the stadium based on any influential past (or passed) player might be a worthwhile consideration.

No chance. I don't do popularity contests.
Btw, I do stand by my idea that a name for the stadium based on any influential past (or passed) player might be a worthwhile consideration.
I very very very much agree with this. Some form of homage at the very least. SFA Park is boring.

Even something like 'Qooty Park' as it makes it unique to the league.

The league should just get with the times and give it a new moniker every season, belonging to some garish sponsor as seems to be en vogue.

Temu Stadium has a wonderfully horrible ring to it.

The league should just get with the times and give it a new moniker every season, belonging to some garish sponsor as seems to be en vogue.

Temu Stadium has a wonderfully horrible ring to it.
Play it the ground of the team that finished on bottom. Actually nah. shit idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The people can discuss and nominate candidate names!
I think in the spirit of admins abusing their power (a tale as old as time in Sweet), the obvious choice is Clarke Parke.

I think in the spirit of admins abusing their power (a tale as old as time in Sweet), the obvious choice is Clarke Parke.
Okay ****, got me laughing. I need to sleep if I'm laughing at THAT.

Croweater Centre
cause at the croweater 41 Center For Kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too, we teach you that there's more to life than just being really, really, really good at qooty.

cause at the croweater 41 Center For Kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too, we teach you that there's more to life than just being really, really, really good at qooty.

I’m so pleased this C41 center focuses on your strengths (extra curriculars) and not your weaknesses (Qooty)

I’m so pleased this C41 center focuses on your strengths (extra curriculars) and not your weaknesses (Qooty)
There's life after qooty some of us are yet to start the qooty life though even after 500* games.

*I'm including SoO, and charity matches.

The days of naming a stadium after a public figure or based on its location are long past. Instead of picking one person of the many that would be worthy, how about naming the stadium as per big stadiums around the world, with the name of the stadium being fluid in that it can change as sponsorship changes and naming rights pass on.

I'm thinking the ground name changes with each new Administrator change in recognition of the new Administrator. As a new administrator takes over we could have a comp for the new name and the stadium takes the selected name for the duration of the Administrator.

The Administrator role is critical to the health of the SFA and is pretty much a thankless task done in the back ground. By having the admin based naming of the venue locked into SFA history for the Admins duration it is at least a worthy form of recognition for the importance of the role.

The days of naming a stadium after a public figure or based on its location are long past. Instead of picking one person of the many that would be worthy, how about naming the stadium as per big stadiums around the world, with the name of the stadium being fluid in that it can change as sponsorship changes and naming rights pass on.

I'm thinking the ground name changes with each new Administrator change in recognition of the new Administrator. As a new administrator takes over we could have a comp for the new name and the stadium takes the selected name for the duration of the Administrator.

The Administrator role is critical to the health of the SFA and is pretty much a thankless task done in the back ground. By having the admin based naming of the venue locked into SFA history for the Admins duration it is at least a worthy form of recognition for the importance of the role.
Just call it Bigfooty Stadium after our primary benefactor.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back