SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on gents let's stir the pot on here, getting pretty boring, any news out of robinvale? What's Denaro doing?

Imps have lured Ryan Doherty back to the club as assistant coach, and I believe jarrod McNally is heading back also. Should inject some depth and experience into the depleted side. Was talking to a committee member the other day, and it seems that the general consensus is that since the exodus of a certain few, a few past players may make a return.

At irymple it seems to be the opposite, they have had a healthy off season and go into the season as favorites, only one thing may hold them back, the appointment of Byrnes as coach, will he keep it together?

Can robinvale keep that midfield? If so, brad O'Connor won't be missed, they could throw gormo or Toby quirk-Meeks at full forward and still get the same result!

Wenty will be there abouts.

If south can carry the form that they ended with last year, plus the inclusion of some impressive recruits, they will see finals.

Mildura are struggling to keep a few, Matt Vining has signed with sea lake now and there's also talk that Col Rossiter isn't far behind.

Red Cliffs and Merbein seem to be in alot of Trouble!

talking to a commitee member from mildy in goly pub yesty, rossiter has signed and will travel with vining and also was talk of a possible 3 going with them didnt say name though,

Byrnes appointment at irymple was apparently a popular choice of the playing group. As such it should be a success. He is highly regarded by the players for his footy smarts. There off season efforts have strengthened the side while some possible losses may simply give some of the up and coming young blokes a chance.
They could possibly do with another big forward.
Any takers? I'm sure Delray would point you in the right direction.

im sure theyd love a massive bloke sitting in there forward line with cogs. how will they play d-train now thou? would you sit him at CHF-CHB or just let him run lose as he usually does? imagin him and cogs coming out of the square....

Whats happening there UTBT and from my understanding Rossiter has been os

Mildy could be in real strife with Vining, Rossister, Carmichael all to Sea Lake.

#1 onballer, CHB and Rooster is one of the most versatile players going around will hurt big time, hopefully thats all that leave and maybe Hughesy can pull a few recruits to help the young guys coming up as the will need some experience.

ur dead right there skeets a couple of large holes to plug

Mildy could be in real strife with Vining, Rossister, Carmichael all to Sea Lake.

#1 onballer, CHB and Rooster is one of the most versatile players going around will hurt big time, hopefully thats all that leave and maybe Hughesy can pull a few recruits to help the young guys coming up as the will need some experience.

im sure theyd love a massive bloke sitting in there forward line with cogs. how will they play d-train now thou? would you sit him at CHF-CHB or just let him run lose as he usually does? imagin him and cogs coming out of the square....

Not wrong Hawk, it'd be pretty daunting for an opposing backline! I don't think you'd be far off the mark either, especially with eaton in the side who I guess will play mainly as a loose half back! Clubs are gonna have to consider playing a defensive forward to keep him subdued!! Scary!

Gday guys,

Ex sunraysia player glenn gascoyne now playing with Millicent in the western border league. Talk around millicent is that he has told millicent fc he will be returning to mildura sometime in the next few weeks for a month holiday and will be back before round 1.

wondering if anyone on here knows of him talking with any sunraysia clubs cause if you ask me leaving town at this time of year for that amount of time is a tad odd.....

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ur dead right there skeets a couple of large holes to plug

Nakkers who are the players from your club that have left or retired this year? Big rumours that there is between 8-10 players not playing from last years side, Hards x 3,Atkinson,Clohsey, Roads, Hickey etc. Might be a dull year for the green men....

Nostradamus14
it is a scary thought but i think the real question is will they be as strong all over the field as Robinvale were last season? was the GF good for the young blokes or did it put doubts in there minds? guess time will tell...But id definitly say theyd be going into the season as favourits...

Nakkers who are the players from your club that have left or retired this year? Big rumours that there is between 8-10 players not playing from last years side, Hards x 3,Atkinson,Clohsey, Roads, Hickey etc. Might be a dull year for the green men....

True Rodman we have lost some that you mentioned but I think that we have also recruited some that will fill the void, and we also have some very promising juniors that are looking good. Still time will tell and it is no good being the best side on paper and not doing it on the field

True Rodman we have lost some that you mentioned but I think that we have also recruited some that will fill the void, and we also have some very promising juniors that are looking good. Still time will tell and it is no good being the best side on paper and not doing it on the field

Any idea where any of them are going? I have heard rumours of some blokes from mildura going to the gold coast to play for Palm Beach.

Nakkers I see a couple of young kids from your club are also leaving, richardson, bateman(over rated) and also talk that zac kelly is also leaving? whats happening at imps

bateman definitely over rated where is he headed? richardson training with mildura, and zack kelly i hear to be going to merbein??!! but dont take on that 1 could be a silly rumor.... been pretty quite gents whats been happening out robinvake and wenty??? havent heard much else from them....

Nakkers I see a couple of young kids from your club are also leaving, richardson, bateman(over rated) and also talk that zac kelly is also leaving? whats happening at imps

I think if you look at all the sides many players have left the sfl, it is becoming increasingly difficult to compete with the big dollars from the other leagues. Nothing is wrong at Imps and as I quoted earlier our recruits and juniors will more than compensate for the losses. As for Richo I wish him the best, but I could be wrong but I don't think he finished out a full game with his hamstring injuries, if he is too play well that problem must be properly managed. Bateman I really can't recall and I dont know anything about Zac

Nothing is wrong at Imps and as I quoted earlier our recruits and juniors will more than compensate for the losses.

So who have you guys picked up???

Watched a few of your junior games last year and i couldnt really see anyone that would be a walk up start to the seniors in any team, the only one might be Nick Mee.

So who have you guys picked up???

Watched a few of your junior games last year and i couldnt really see anyone that would be a walk up start to the seniors in any team, the only one might be Nick Mee.

Nakkers you will need to pick up a few, with your starting onballers gone atkinson,clohsey and both hards, your backline rhodes,kelly and i think shepherd, hickey etc thats nearly half of the side....

Nakkers you will need to pick up a few, with your starting onballers gone atkinson,clohsey and both hards, your backline rhodes,kelly and i think shepherd, hickey etc thats nearly half of the side....

I wont elaborate any further suffice to say as I have said in earlier posts, the season will determine how we shape up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back