SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently 1st time in 27 years that Lyndale have defeated Ashwood!

Yeah first time in clubs history that our seniors have defeated Ashwood. First meeting between the 2 clubs was around 1998.
It was a great contest between the 2 sides on the day.

I thought CPL would win by more than that, however conditions didn't suit big scoring games.

I went to the Mt Waverley v Black Rock game, I have a mate that plays for Mount. He said they were almost full strength apart from maybe 2-3 outs? Not sure about Black Rock but they looked good, will definitely be top 3 this year.

Mount seemed way off there best though, at half time they looked like they would run away with it by 10+ goals. But Black Rock had the scoring end in the 3rd and took advantage, then the rain really came down and basically the scores didn't change from there. Black Rock will take a lot of confidence from that game where as I think
Mount will be disappointed. That was there chance to make a real statement!

The Hills will be disappointed going down by a point after they kicked 10.18, 9 more scoring shots. Would of been a massive scalp for them.

And Lyndale in a a little bit of a slump, getting smashed by CPL last week and just getting over the line against Ashwood. Must of been a fair breeze down there? Lyndale not scoring in the 1st then Ashwood not scoring in the 2nd.

I thought CPL would win by more than that, however conditions didn't suit big scoring games.

I went to the Mt Waverley v Black Rock game, I have a mate that plays for Mount. He said they were almost full strength apart from maybe 2-3 outs? Not sure about Black Rock but they looked good, will definitely be top 3 this year.

Mount seemed way off there best though, at half time they looked like they would run away with it by 10+ goals. But Black Rock had the scoring end in the 3rd and took advantage, then the rain really came down and basically the scores didn't change from there. Black Rock will take a lot of confidence from that game where as I think
Mount will be disappointed. That was there chance to make a real statement!

The Hills will be disappointed going down by a point after they kicked 10.18, 9 more scoring shots. Would of been a massive scalp for them.

And Lyndale in a a little bit of a slump, getting smashed by CPL last week and just getting over the line against Ashwood. Must of been a fair breeze down there? Lyndale not scoring in the 1st then Ashwood not scoring in the 2nd.

If Black Rock will finish 3rd, then surely Endeavour would have to slip into 4th. Watching the Black Rock v Endeavour game last week, they really took it up to Black Rock in the second half and got to withing 4 points if I remember correctly, before a few 50/50 calls from the umpires killed the game.

If Black Rock will finish 3rd, then surely Endeavour would have to slip into 4th. Watching the Black Rock v Endeavour game last week, they really took it up to Black Rock in the second half and got to withing 4 points if I remember correctly, before a few 50/50 calls from the umpires killed the game.

You are kidding right ? EH couldn't even beat Sandown and your saying they'll finish 4th i think EH have run there race for the season.

It appears Endeavour Hills may just be late starters. Every game this year (except Hallam) they have kicked around 8-9 more goals in the second half then they do in the first.

Last 2 weeks they have only kicked 1 goal before half time before getting back into the game the 2nd half.

Could be worth a mention if they can string all 4 quarters together before the end of the season.

Any thoughts MountPrettyBoy?

I'll wait to give my overall opinion on standings of the whole comp until I see every team first.

Black Rock were impressive. I feel they could be a side if they start gelling a bit better, they could be the ones to beat.
They had some key players lift in the last half who got them within reach, had a couple more stood up, the results would've been different.
I haven't watched them each week, so unsure if they are a team like North Melbourne (where best is near the top & bottom is near the worst),
So unsure if they've played below their best against us and CPL, and the best against South Yarra & E.Hills.

Being someone who is very much involved with the MWFC, a lot of our in-form players over the first 3 weeks played below their form on the weekend,
So the coaching staff & committee was happy with the fact we continually had a 3-4 goal buffer, and when it started raining hard,
(In previous seasons, we have struggled against quality sides in the wet - always restricted us from playing our fast free-flowing footy),
The fact that Black Rock came back to almost draw it, we didn't drop our heads, we steadied for the 6 pt win, I thought that boded well for our confidence and mental strength.

Early tips for the weekend..

Ashwood v Hallam - 4 points

Sandown v Mount Waverley - 62 points

Black Rock v Dandenong - 37 points

CPL v Endeavour Hills - 48 points

Lyndale v South Yarra - 23 points

Hallam must have improved their depth with their ressies undefeated. Looking like an even comp in the reserves this year

Round 5 Tips

Lyndale vs South Yarra - by 20 points
Sandown vs Mt Waverley - by 38 points
Carrum PL vs Endeavour Hills - by 88 points
Black Rock vs Dandenong - by 45 points
Hallam vs Ashwood - by 23 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyndale
CPL 64 points
Black Rock 33 points
Ashwood 19 points
Sandown 2 points

Round 5 Tips

Lyndale vs South Yarra - by 40 points
Sandown vs Mt Waverley
Carrum PL vs Endeavour Hills - by 72 points
Black Rock vs Dandenong - by 80 points
Hallam vs Ashwood - by 12 points

Round 5 Tips -

Lyndale vs South Yarra - by 45 points
Sandown vs Mt Waverley - by 20 points
Carrum PL vs Endeavour Hills - by 35 points
Black Rock vs Dandenong - by 60 points
Hallam vs Ashwood - by 15 points

Round 5 Tips -

Lyndale vs South Yarra - by 45 points
Sandown vs Mt Waverley - by 20 points
Carrum PL vs Endeavour Hills - by 35 points
Black Rock vs Dandenong - by 60 points
Hallam vs Ashwood - by 15 points

Lyndale: by 48 points
Mt waverly: by 4 points
Cpl: by 110 points
Black rock: by 72 points
Ashwood: by 18 points

Anyone able to start a poll or a couple of polls?

Who will win the flag?
Top 10 best players in div 3?

Top 10 is hard, I don't know names to faces. I'll give you my 6 that have stood out in the couple of games I've seen.

1. Mouritz (CPL)
2. Stacey (MW)
3. Barr (CPL)
4. Williams (Black Rock)
5. Moor (CPL)
6. Cellini (South Yarra)

Top 10 is hard, I don't know names to faces. I'll give you my 6 that have stood out in the couple of games I've seen.

1. Mouritz (CPL)
2. Stacey (MW)
3. Barr (CPL)
4. Williams (Black Rock)
5. Moor (CPL)
6. Cellini (South Yarra)

Hard to pick a flag winner between Mt Wav. & CPL until they play but its clearly out of those 2.

My top 10 would be

1. Mouritz (CPL)
2. Moor (CPL)
3. Stacey (MtW)
4. Williams (BR)
5. Beecroft (MtW)
6. Wilkin (MtW)
7. Barr (CPL)
8. Dennis (MtW)
9. Graves (CPL)
10. Gough (MtW)/ Frenken (Sandown) /
Read (Lyndale) / Wineburg (Ashwood)