Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 Tips

Hallam v Lyndale - Lyndale by 22 points
Ashwood v Black Rock - Black Rock by 80 points
Dandenong v Sandown - Sandown by 18 points
Mt Waverley v Carrum PL - Carrum by 35 points
Endeavour Hills v South Yarra - South Yarra by 12 points

White shorts to prevail this weekend

Having played all 3 top teams, I still believe that CPL is by far the best team, but am really lookin forward to seeing the result of the next clash. I honestly believe that CPL will win by 8 goals... More if they were playing at home.

Our game was slightly wet for the first half, we placed a run with tag on Stacey (had little to no impact), and one on one with Gough. We always tried to kill the contest in the backline, blocking the hole which worked well (I believe Gough may have only grabbed 1 mark in forward 50). Wilkin played his usual self, marking everything and taking some good contested marks. I believe we won the contested ball, but they were (like they have been for many years) very good on the outside with run and carry.

With 7 mins to go in the final quarter we were up by a point after missing an easy goal, but to mounts credit they worked the ball up well and got back in front with a few minutes remaining and then sealing the win in the final minute.

Last edited:
Hallam vs Lyndale- Lyndale by 10 goals, too good.
Ashwood vs. black rock- think this could be closer than everyone thinks. Black rock by 2 goals.
Dandenong vs Sandown- if Sandown fancy themselves as a top 5 threat they need to destroy dandenong here, Sandown by 12 goals.
CPL vs mount- CPL will be too good, 5 goals

Having played all 3 top teams, I still believe that CPL is by far the best team, but am really lookin forward to seeing the result of the next clash. I honestly believe that CPL will win by 8 goals... More if they were playing at home.

Our game was slightly wet for the first half, we placed a run with tag on Stacey (had little to no impact), and one on one with Gough. We always tried to kill the contest in the backline, blocking the hole which worked well (I believe Gough may have only grabbed 1 mark in forward 50). Wilkin played his usual self, marking everything and taking some good contested marks. I believe we won the contested ball, but they were (like they have been for many years) very good on the outside with run and carry.

With 7 mins to go in the final quarter we were up by a point after missing an easy goal, but to mounts credit they worked the ball up well and got back in front with a few minutes remaining and then sealing the win in the final minute.

Thanks for the rundown!
Stacey had little to no impact or the tag had little to no impact?

I feel the same about CPL, they should win by 5-6 goals I think. But very interested to see the result!

Seems like they maybe rely too much on certain players and when they are off the team just doesn't seem to work.

Can't make the game but hopefully it's the radio game this week? You would think so?

Thanks for the rundown!
Stacey had little to no impact or the tag had little to no impact?

I feel the same about CPL, they should win by 5-6 goals I think. But very interested to see the result!

Seems like they maybe rely too much on certain players and when they are off the team just doesn't seem to work.

Can't make the game but hopefully it's the radio game this week? You would think so?
Yeah definitely the game of the round! The tag really negated Stacey, he is a good player and needed to negate his influence which did help. Unless your Gary ablett, they are very hard to break even if it is someone jut with a run with role.

Weekend tips..

Lyndale - 48 points
Lyndale should get the chockies away from home in another night match at Hallam.

Black Rock - 62 points
After another shocking performance last week Ashwood will be looking to bounce back but they come up against a top 3 team in BR. This could get ugly

Sandown - 32 points
Sandown played out of there skin last week to
almost knock of top spot Mt Waverley and look to be getting back into some form and just in time.
If they can build on last week this should be an easy win away from home.

CPL - 18 points
Hard to tip against Mount at home but I feel like on there ground CPL will be better suited, it's a smaller ground and CPL has big bodies. Not much room for Mount to run, carry and use there speed.
Could go either way but CPL should get the job done and remain the only side undefeated in div 3.

Endeavour Hills - 12 points
Will be interesting to see how the Falcons bounce back after last Saturdays thrashing, they started the year well but the next few games will decide there year. The hills in a close one

Can MountPrettyBoy give us a rundown of the game ?

5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT: SANDOWN v MT WAVERLEY

1. NOT A DAY FOR KEY FORWARDS
Both Sheedy and Gough were held well below their best with Sheedy being held goalless by M. Jeffries and Gough only able to manage 1 goal constantly being double & tripled teamed.

2. STYLES OF PLAY
It rained for majority of the game, hence Sandown adapted to the contested wet weather game style first whilst Mount kept at their hard running high skill game.
Sandown minimised the margin as the game went on due to their contested style, but Mount’s superior running and skills abled them to hold on in the end.

3. KEY PLAYERS BEING SHUT OUT
Talk of Stacey being tagged and limiting his influence is true, but this allowed our half-backs to step up in Dunn and Mathers to put in some really good performances.
But what should be noted is the little influence “Turbo” had on the game, as he had a quiet game which was well below his standards.

4. MISSING KEY PERSONNEL
As said above it being a wet game, this is the game for SMALL forwards, not key forwards.
Unsure about Sandown’s forward line setup, but Mount were missing their best two small forwards in Kinchington and Taylor.
This allowed for some of our silkier players to stand up in J.Rickard and Aikman who played well.

5. FOCUS ON ONE AREA OF THE GAME.. HOLES OPEN UP IN OTHER AREAS
As stated that Sandown obviously focused on a more contested wet weather style of game,
Even though it rained for majority of the game, it probably didn’t rain heavy enough and long enough to play that style of game for the WHOLE time.
As the day went on, we opened up the game more with our run and skill, which hurt Sandown in the end, when we got some goals late which kept the buffer at 11 pts.

5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT: SANDOWN v MT WAVERLEY

1. NOT A DAY FOR KEY FORWARDS
Both Sheedy and Gough were held well below their best with Sheedy being held goalless by M. Jeffries and Gough only able to manage 1 goal constantly being double & tripled teamed.

2. STYLES OF PLAY
It rained for majority of the game, hence Sandown adapted to the contested wet weather game style first whilst Mount kept at their hard running high skill game.
Sandown minimised the margin as the game went on due to their contested style, but Mount’s superior running and skills abled them to hold on in the end.

3. KEY PLAYERS BEING SHUT OUT
Talk of Stacey being tagged and limiting his influence is true, but this allowed our half-backs to step up in Dunn and Mathers to put in some really good performances.
But what should be noted is the little influence “Turbo” had on the game, as he had a quiet game which was well below his standards.

4. MISSING KEY PERSONNEL
As said above it being a wet game, this is the game for SMALL forwards, not key forwards.
Unsure about Sandown’s forward line setup, but Mount were missing their best two small forwards in Kinchington and Taylor.
This allowed for some of our silkier players to stand up in J.Rickard and Aikman who played well.

5. FOCUS ON ONE AREA OF THE GAME.. HOLES OPEN UP IN OTHER AREAS
As stated that Sandown obviously focused on a more contested wet weather style of game,
Even though it rained for majority of the game, it probably didn’t rain heavy enough and long enough to play that style of game for the WHOLE time.
As the day went on, we opened up the game more with our run and skill, which hurt Sandown in the end, when we got some goals late which kept the buffer at 11 pts.

Thanks for the rundown, everyone seems to be saying the same kind of things. Interested to see if Sandown has tagged anyone else so far this year? Seems an unusual thing to do in division 3 footy. danielhm1 did you tag anyone from CPL? Or any other sides?

Yes MPB, I had a stinker of a game, missed the whole 3rd quarter due to a head clash with Keats (which I later had to get 4 stitches to the eye for).
The game was played in good spirits, but I'm not sure what game you were watching because it was light drizzle in the first quarter and then that was it. No more rain after that and the ball was quite sticky.

We also had a few out... Like every team does.

With 7 mins to go we had a shot to put us a goal up, and missed giving us a 1 point lead, which to mounts credit, they fougtht back and won.

As with all my posts this is the way I saw it and is only my opinion.

Tagging is very common in div 3... Either myself, Frenken or Toan are tagged most weeks. Copped it for the last 3 years.
We didn't tag anyone from CPL, in previous years we tagged Wilson from doveton and that's about it. Stacey is a hard running player so we thought we would limit that which was quite successful.

Thanks for the rundown, everyone seems to be saying the same kind of things. Interested to see if Sandown has tagged anyone else so far this year? Seems an unusual thing to do in division 3 footy. danielhm1 did you tag anyone from CPL? Or any other sides?

This is not under 9s footy, the standard of the division is not that poor that tagging isn't required.

I would say that all coaches in the division would do enough research to know who they need to look out for from each team, and decided from there who needs to be tagged.

This is not under 9s footy, the standard of the division is not that poor that tagging isn't required.

I would say that all coaches in the division would do enough research to know who they need to look out for from each team, and decided from there who needs to be tagged.

So you think CPL will tag someone this week?
Will Mt Waverley try and tag Mouritz?

So you think CPL will tag someone this week?
Will Mt Waverley try and tag Mouritz?

I think the way cpl's forward line played on saturday if they play like that again mount wont get near them. With the likes of march, scoble, chadwick, dalton and olaman running around, a lot of fire power. Plus i hear theres a few back this week in moor and mcmurray, full back and chb. There will be some good match ups on saturday, really looking forward to watching. Does anyone have any thoughts on what some of the match ups will be???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but I'm not sure what game you were watching because it was light drizzle in the first quarter and then that was it. No more rain after that and the ball was quite sticky.

The point I was making, even despite the light drizzle... you guys preferred to focus on wet weather footy:
- contested ball being no. 1
- kick down the line to contest
- move ball forward at all costs
- no run and carry
- no pinpoint kicking/chipping
- kicking long to a key forward who was getting well beaten and wasn't taking clean grabs (hence your goal kickers were small forwards).

End of the day, it was a good close game. You guys gave us a really tough contest and almost won it if a few things went your way.

You guys are obviously starting to click well together and will be interesting to see how we will go against each other next time.

I think the way cpl's forward line played on saturday if they play like that again mount wont get near them. With the likes of march, scoble, chadwick, dalton and olaman running around, a lot of fire power. Plus i hear theres a few back this week in moor and mcmurray, full back and chb. There will be some good match ups on saturday, really looking forward to watching. Does anyone have any thoughts on what some of the match ups will be???

If Moor is in then I'm guessing he will go to Gough?
Can maybe see someone playing a defensive forward roll on Wilkin.
And would like to see Mouritz and Stacey match up on each other.

If Moor is in then I'm guessing he will go to Gough?
Can maybe see someone playing a defensive forward roll on Wilkin.
And would like to see Mouritz and Stacey match up on each other.

CPL won't tag anyone I wouldn't of thought so it depends on weather MW send a tagger to Mouritz. Who's MW's ruckman? I think that's their biggest issue, as Endeavour Hills found out on the weekend.

McMurray - Gough IMO, he will be the pure stopper.

Moor/Downie/Dent will cut off anything in the air.

CPL won't tag anyone I wouldn't of thought so it depends on weather MW send a tagger to Mouritz. Who's MW's ruckman? I think that's their biggest issue, as Endeavour Hills found out on the weekend.

McMurray - Gough IMO, he will be the pure stopper.

Moor/Downie/Dent will cut off anything in the air.

Yeah I wouldn't think CPL would need to tag, Beecroft is there ruckman. Has been in there best just about every week I think, he is very much like Wilkin from what I have seen. Very mobile but not so physical around the ground but very good overhead

Yeah I wouldn't think CPL would need to tag, Beecroft is there ruckman. Has been in there best just about every week I think, he is very much like Wilkin from what I have seen. Very mobile but not so physical around the ground but very good overhead

Ah we'll, should be a ripper match up then, Barr vs Beecroft, Barr has been pretty dominant in every game I've seen this year.

A head clash??? Please, you barely even touched me. Not only would you have to go in a contest to get a head clash, you have to put your head over the ball, neither of which you did.

I don't think there is a softer player I division 3, or a more ineffective one. All he does is get the ball and kick it long, like he is scared of contact and has to kick it as far away from his as possible.

Gough could easily be one of the best forwards in division 1 if he played for a division 1 club. He has been offered big money to play for a couple of other clubs, over $500 a game. There probably isn't a better kick in the league, he will even tell you that if ask him.

A head clash??? Please, you barely even touched me. Not only would you have to go in a contest to get a head clash, you have to put your head over the ball, neither of which you did.

I don't think there is a softer player I division 3, or a more ineffective one. All he does is get the ball and kick it long, like he is scared of contact and has to kick it as far away from his as possible.

Gough could easily be one of the best forwards in division 1 if he played for a division 1 club. He has been offered big money to play for a couple of other clubs, over $500 a game. There probably isn't a better kick in the league, he will even tell you that if ask him.

Jesus christ mate, nice way to supply a bit of ammunition for the next time you meet.

Errrr no...........

You've gone slightly early on this as well, he will be facing a fullback who's been on well over $500 a game for most of his career tomorrow, lets see how he goes.

Absolute comedy gold!

Gough would struggle to get a kick in Div 1.
He is just a Div 3 flat track bully who loves kicking bags in an ordinary standard of football.

Gough would struggle to get a kick in Div 1.
He is just a Div 3 flat track bully who loves kicking bags in an ordinary standard of football.

Well obviously you have no idea. I'm going to take no notice of your opinion from now on, because it's absolutely worthless.

Please refrain from commenting on this thread again because your taking up valuable space

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back