SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Well obviously you have no idea. I'm going to take no notice of your opinion from now on, because it's absolutely worthless.

Please refrain from commenting on this thread again because your taking up valuable space

Well well, give credit where credit is due.
Must have played a good game today Goughy, big bag of 6 well done.

MPB & NOs, would love a match review. Having played both, I really rated CPL a shoe in for this game. How wrong I was. Well done Mount.

Hallam also doing well last night (although lyndale had 8-10 out)

Well obviously you have no idea. I'm going to take no notice of your opinion from now on, because it's absolutely worthless.

Please refrain from commenting on this thread again because your taking up valuable space

Well looks like he played well today. Credit where credit is due. Great effort kicking 6 against a very strong CPL line up.

well...what can you say.

It was our game to win, 5 goals up at 3/4 qtr time.
There is just no excuse to let that slip and with the way the game was played up until that point, I am still scratching my head trying to figure out how we did.

It was fairly even up until 3/4 time. In the last CPL got complacent and stopped doing the things that got them ahead in the first place. Mount effected the contests better and broke away better in the last and just played no nonse footy with long direct balls into Gough from the wing. Mounts half backs also did very well to pretty much cut every ball off that was about to go into CPLs forward 50.

McMurray got Gough early on and did a pretty good job on him and Moor took him for most of the last. Correct me if i'm wrong but Gough was shut out for most of the game, maybe kicked 1 or 2 up until 3/4 time, then kicking a bag in the last when Mount had all the momentum. Lucas and Wilkin, the 2 coaches, was another good match up the other end, a few exchanges had between the 2 throughout the game. Beecroft was good around the ground as well.

CPL fell asleep in the last quarter, Mountain Lions did what good teams do and took full control and made the most of it.

Last edited:

well...what can you say.

There is just no excuse to let that slip and with the way the game was played up until that point, I am still scratching my head trying to figure out how we did.

It was fairly even up until 3/4 time. In the last CPL got complacent and stopped doing the things that got them ahead in the first place. Mount effected the contests better and broke away better in the last and just played no nonse footy with long direct balls into Gough from the wing. Mounts half backs also did very well to pretty much cut every ball off that was about to go into CPLs forward 50.

McMurray got Gough early on and did a pretty good job on him and Moor took him for most of the last. Correct me if i'm wrong but Gough was shut out for most of the game, maybe kicked 1 or 2 up until 3/4 time, then kicking a bag in the last when Mount had all the momentum. Lucas and Wilkin, the 2 coaches, was another good match up the other end, a few exchanges had between the 2 throughout the game. Beecroft was good around the ground as well.

CPL fell asleep in the last quarter, Mountain Lions did what good teams do and took full control and made the most of it.

From what I saw today there is carrum is a quality side. They have a lot of highly skilled players but not many forwards who have an impact except for dalton, he's a quality player.

But to day those pretenders who said the guys down back for carrum held j.gough for 3 quarters is a nonsense. McMurrary was qualit against him but Joffa was too good today.

There are only three teams so far who have a genuine chance this year, carrum and black rock, lyndale still have a lot to prove.

Today mates defeated cash, mount up

Look out for a big couple of weeks for Hallam! 2s undefeated and our ones building to become a threat in division 3. Up the hawks!!

From what I've seen Hallam are the best 2's side Div 3 has seen for years - will towel Black Rock next week.....the ones will probably also push them all the way too. Black Rock getting plenty of kudos but really haven't done shit.

From what I've seen Hallam are the best 2's side Div 3 has seen for years - will towel Black Rock next week.....the ones will probably also push them all the way too. Black Rock getting plenty of kudos but really haven't done shit.

Agreed. I hear Ashwood had the better of Black Rock for 3 quarters and lost their way a bit at the end. Massively over rated and I just don't know what all the hype is about. BR have a few good players but so do most sides, yet they drop off and don't seem to have the legs/heart to stay with decent sides.

And yes, agree Hallam 2's are the team to beat. CPL and them are an absolute monty to play off in the GF this year. Lyndale getting good results but I hear Hallam 2's creamed them for most of last night's game.

Just read 16 pages of shit bout some new blokes playing for cpl and how they were untouchable lol. I don't even like him but at the end of the day bloke is a unit and kicking six, that's just taking the piss. It's a long season advantage chokers ;)

well...what can you say.

CPL fell asleep in the last quarter, Mountain Lions did what good teams do and took full control and made the most of it.[/QUOTE

Good on you nos for giving an unbiased opinion and not the usual bullshit about players missing and not giving credit to the other team good on you hopefully more ppl in this forum take your lead! ]

We were 5 goals up going into the last quarter. Pretty hard to to lose from there and blame it on missing players! Like i said, there is pretty much no excuse unless we had a depleted bench (i dunno if we did or not)

That write up was based simply on what I saw in the last quarter, it didnt reflect the whole game. Would of been completely different write up if the last quarter followed how the previous 3 quarters were played. To be more fair to us with the way we played, at 3/4 time i thought we had it in the bag. And it wasn't just me thinking that after hearing some of mounts 2's players reactions to seeing the scoreboard.

First 3 quarters CPL played their typical calculated, precision footy. What you would of seen when they played against Black Rock, Sandown and Lyndale. Our last quarter was just the worst quarter I have seen us play in the clubs short history and you probably wont see us play a quarter like that for the rest of the season.

To give you an idea of how bad we played, Mount kicked 8 in the last, since inception no team has kicked 8 against CPL in a quarter (not even Doveton). So i reckon the odds of that happening again are pretty slim.

and TGFYC, you havent been on the forum for long so I should make it clear. None of the CPL players on the field yesterday get paid, so you didnt defeat cash.

Hahaha settle down mate you've won 6 games, Mount Waverley's 2's went undefeated through 2009,2010,2011 and won 3 flags.
Bit early to call "Hallam are the best 2's side Div 3 has seen for years"

Hahaha settle down mate you've won 6 games, Mount Waverley's 2's went undefeated through 2009,2010,2011 and won 3 flags.
Bit early to call "Hallam are the best 2's side Div 3 has seen for years"

Having played against those Mount Waverley sides, including the 2010 GF, and also playing Hallam 2 weeks ago, and I can safely say on that day, I've never seen a 2's side move the ball with the precision that Hallam side did.

They will definitely be there or thereabouts come September.

We were 5 goals up going into the last quarter. Pretty hard to to lose from there and blame it on missing players! Like i said, there is pretty much no excuse unless we had a depleted bench (i dunno if we did or not)

That write up was based simply on what I saw in
the last quarter, it didnt reflect the whole game. Would of been completely different write up if the last quarter followed how the previous 3 quarters were played. To be more fair to us with the way we played, at 3/4 time i thought we had it in the bag. And it wasn't just me thinking that after hearing some of mounts 2's players reactions to seeing the scoreboard.

First 3 quarters CPL played their typical calculated, precision footy. What you would of seen when they played against Black Rock, Sandown and Lyndale. Our last quarter was just the worst quarter I have seen us play in the clubs
short history and you probably wont see us play a quarter like that for the rest of the season.

To give you an idea of how bad we played, Mount kicked 8 in the last, since inception no team has kicked 8 against CPL in a quarter (not even Doveton). So i reckon the odds of that happening again are pretty slim.

and TGFYC, you havent been on the forum for long so I should make it clear. None of the CPL players on the field yesterday get paid, so you didnt defeat cash.

Any danger of giving us some credit mate? Worst quarter your club has ever played? Bit much.
We didn't give you a chance to play well, we were all over you. Our pressure and tackling made you miss targets and turn it over simple as that!

You got cocky and we took advantage, and as for missing players or injuries and whatever excuses you will throw up? know this. We had J. Dunn probably our best player in the first 3 quaters off the ground for 90% of the last quarter. And same went for one of our midfielders who went down with a hamstring. Left us with 2 on the bench I think.

And just to add to that we were missing 2 of our top 3 leading goal kickers for the game in I. Taylor & G. Kinchington

You didn't lose the game, we WON it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having played against those Mount Waverley sides, including the 2010 GF, and also playing Hallam 2 weeks ago, and I can safely say on that day, I've never seen a 2's side move the ball with the precision that Hallam side did.

They will definitely be there or thereabouts come September.

Hard to compare a team that won 3 undefeated flags on the trott to a team that has won 6.

Argument over.

Any danger of giving us some credit mate? Worst quarter your club has ever played? Bit much.
We didn't give you a chance to play well, we were all over you. Our pressure and tackling made you miss targets and turn it over simple as that!

You got cocky and we took advantage, and as for missing players or injuries and whatever excuses you will throw up? know this. We had J. Dunn probably our best player in the first 3 quaters off the ground for 90% of the last quarter. And same went for one of our midfielders who went down with a hamstring. Left us with 2 on the bench I think.

And just to add to that we were missing 2 of our top 3 leading goal kickers for the game in I. Taylor & G. Kinchington

You didn't lose the game, we WON it.

Any chance of you reading my first comment further up? or...just want to have a dig for the sake of having a dig?

If you had bothered to read all the comments on this page you would of seen that last comment was in reply to Jays response to my original comments on the game.

And worst quarter our club has played, well yeah it was, considering I have seen every quarter our club has played since the club was restarted i think i have the right to judge that.

Any chance of you reading my first comment further up? or...just want to have a dig for the sake of having a dig?

If you had bothered to read all the comments on this page you would of seen that last comment was in reply to Jays response to my original comments on the game.

And worst quarter our club has played, well yeah it was, considering I have seen every quarter our club has played since the club was restarted i think i have the right to judge that.

But in saying it's the worst quarter your club has ever played don't you think that takes away from how we played? like I said, the reason you played so poorly was because of our relentless pressure and tackling. You may as well be saying the reason you've never had 8 goals scored against
you in a quarter is because you've never had that pressure like that before.

Not even Doveton kicked 8 in a quarter against you last year. And you didnt have Mouritz, Moor, Barr, Chadwick, Gennaccaro, Hatzis, Lello, March, McMurray, Olaman etc...... last year

Maybe you should of saved some $$ instead

But in saying it's the worst quarter your club has ever played don't you think that takes away from how we played? like I said, the reason you played so poorly was because of our relentless pressure and tackling. You may as well be saying the reason you've never had 8 goals scored against
you in a quarter is because you've never had that pressure like that before.

Not even Doveton kicked 8 in a quarter against you last year. And you didnt have Mouritz, Moor, Barr, Chadwick, Gennaccaro, Hatzis, Lello, March, McMurray, Olaman etc...... last year

Maybe you should of saved some $$ instead

As I said...I already gave you guys a gleaming review of your last quarter in my first post, how much more glory do you want?

Its pretty flipping hard to 'save $$' when we outlaid $0 to begin with. You are the 2nd guy to come on here since yesterday to insinuate that we pay players. For the millionth time, no one gets paid at Carrum.

And yes, agree Hallam 2's are the team to beat. CPL and them are an absolute monty to play off in the GF this year. Lyndale getting good results but I hear Hallam 2's creamed them for most of last night's game.

Maybe a biased call but lyndales 2s are still better than Hallams. We were missing quite a few from the ones due to a number of reasons, so that lightened our 2s significantly. Then from the 2s we had remaining, a few more were unavailable so we played guys who haven't played all year or who've barely had a game. Nevertheless, it was still disappointing to lose and I think the 2nd time around you'll see a much different result.

As for the 1s, at full strength and a couple weeks with a consistant line up, we''ll shake a few teams up.

Mount were the benchmark. See if Hallam can win 3 flags in a row.

They still are the benchmark. In those years their 2's were that good they would have been competitive in the 1's and would of probably beaten a few of the lower 1s teams.

Agreed. And the main difference is that in those 3 years Mount Waverleys 1's and 3's played in Grand Finals as well. Obviously didn't get the job done but compared to Hallam who's 1's & 3's are amongst the worst in both comps its hard to compare.

Probably shouldn't be bragging about 2's success when your Seniors can't win a game.

Did you see black rock play last year? The differnce is gigantic. Both the 1's and 2's will play finals for the first time in years

Maybe a biased call but lyndales 2s are still better than Hallams. We were missing quite a few from the ones due to a number of reasons, so that lightened our 2s significantly. Then from the 2s we had remaining, a few more were unavailable so we played guys who haven't played all year or who've barely had a game. Nevertheless, it was still disappointing to lose and I think the 2nd time around you'll see a much different result.

Obviously both teams had players unavailable Friday night whether it be due to work/injury/ family commitments. I thought that after half time we switched off a little bit which let you boys back into the game in the 2s

Come on guys enjoy your footy, but to come on here and brag about 2's footy just shows the mentality of clubs the seniors should always be the be all and end all of any season with out senior success your club will always be in the lower divisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back