SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

The rooms are decent I guess, the ground is terrible. Even worse in winter! No parking and a shit house location/ atmosphere.

Not sure what the SFL was thinking?

Is everyone expected to park along the dirt road?

The 10 people that show up to watch should be able to park around the ground.

The rooms are decent I guess, the ground is terrible. Even worse in winter! No parking and a shit house location/ atmosphere.

Lucky finals aren't played in winter then. The floor to ceiling glass windows they have in the bar room make for one of the best viewing grounds going around. Unfortunately for players, all the SFL care about when choosing a finals venue is a) can it be completely fenced off, b) will people be able to watch the game comfortably.

Lucky finals aren't played in winter then. The floor to ceiling glass windows they have in the bar room make for one of the best viewing grounds going around. Unfortunately for players, all the SFL care about when choosing a finals venue is a) can it be completely fenced off, b) will people be able to watch the game comfortably.

With the weather we have had this May, winter will carry on well past August. And with a ground like that it will take longer than a month to recover!

With the weather we have had this May, winter will carry on well past August. And with a ground like that it will take longer than a month to recover!

Speaking of finals, what does everyone think of the current sides in the final five? Set in stone? Or do you think a team currently outside top five can improve enought in the second half of season to clinch a spot?

Speaking of finals, what does everyone think of the current sides in the final five? Set in stone? Or do you think a team currently outside top five can improve enought in the second half of season to clinch a spot?

100% set in stone, top 3 will stay as it is but positions might change. Same goes for 4th & 5th

I have played finals on Heatherton before, whenever Heatherton get to be a finals venue its always div3 finals.

Last time I played finals there (which would of been around 4-5 years ago) it actaully wasnt that bad a surface all things considered. It was a bit boggy when i played there but that was after a night of rain and it rained the days we played as well so that was sort of to be expected.

Like i said that was 5 years ago, probably a bit different now.

Just remember to bring your gumboots because you will need them getting to and from your car in the park.

I have played finals on Heatherton before, whenever Heatherton get to be a finals venue its always div3 finals.

Last time I played finals there (which would of been around 4-5 years ago) it actaully wasnt that bad a surface all things considered. It was a bit boggy when i played there but that was after a night of rain and it rained the days we played as well so that was sort of to be expected.

Like i said that was 5 years ago, probably a bit different now.

Just remember to bring your gumboots because you will need them getting to and from your car in the park.
I was at Heatherton on the weekend. A lot of work has been done since we played finals there. Brand new rooms, a new sealed car park, the ground looks in great condition but the weather has also been good. It looks like a good venue for finals this year in my opinion.

Not sure what kind of supporters the SFL thinks there are in local footy but I would much rather stand along the fence watching a fast moving, clean game of footy than stand inside new rooms behind some glass with the heater on watching a grand final played in slop and mud.

The Footy must come first!

As we come into the break at the end of Round 8, for the first time i can remember, i can confidently say the Top 5 will not change between now and the end of the season. I don't think anyone can argue that.

But how will the 5 look? And who are the Grand Finalists and Premiers?

1. CPL
2. Mount Waverley

3. Black Rock

4. Lyndale
5. Sandown

Grand Final: CPL VS Mount Waverley
Premier: Mount Waverley

CPL and Mount Waverley are so hard to split, I think they are both miles ahead of the pack. Hard to decide who finishes 1 or 2, i can't see either of them dropping any games, and there remaining clash is at Roy Dore in Rd 15. So ill say CPL edge them off top. Black Rock are a clear 3rd and it appears on there day could push either CPL or Mt Waverley. Unfortuneately it seems at the moment that Lyndale and Sandown will make up the numbers and will be no real danger come finals time.

I think CPL and Mount Waverley will both make the Grand Final, however a Preliminary Final against Black Rock is dangerous. Come the Grand Final on a neutral ground it is hard to pick a winner between them, but i think Mount Waverley's Run & Carry around the ground, and big Gough up forward will prove to be just too strong.

As we come into the break at the end of Round 8, for the first time i can remember, i can confidently say the Top 5 will not change between now and the end of the season. I don't think anyone can argue that.

But how will the 5 look? And who are the Grand Finalists and Premiers?

1. CPL
2. Mount Waverley

3. Black Rock

4. Lyndale
5. Sandown

Grand Final: CPL VS Mount Waverley
Premier: Mount Waverley

CPL and Mount Waverley are so hard to split, I think they are both miles ahead of the pack. Hard to decide who finishes 1 or 2, i can't see either of them dropping any games, and there remaining clash is at Roy Dore in Rd 15. So ill say CPL edge them off top. Black Rock are a clear 3rd and it appears on there day could push either CPL or Mt Waverley. Unfortuneately it seems at the moment that Lyndale and Sandown will make up the numbers and will be no real danger come finals time.

I think CPL and Mount Waverley will both make the Grand Final, however a Preliminary Final against Black Rock is dangerous. Come the Grand Final on a neutral ground it is hard to pick a winner between them, but i think Mount Waverley's Run & Carry around the ground, and big Gough up forward will prove to be just too strong.

Couldn't agree more, however I think Black Rock could knock off either Mount Waverley or CPL whoever finishes 2nd.

So that top spot is key, a week off with another week of you win the prelim. Plus the double chance. Hard to see either CPL or Mount losing a game until finals, CPL will hope to get a win at home against Mount and then rely on %.
However they missed there chance against Ashwood, Mount Waverley beat them by 120+ where as CPL only managed less than half of that (52)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't agree more, however I think Black Rock could knock off either Mount Waverley or CPL whoever finishes 2nd.

So that top spot is key, a week off with another week of you win the prelim. Plus the double chance. Hard to see either CPL or Mount losing a game until finals, CPL will hope to get a win at home against Mount and then rely on %.
However they missed there chance against Ashwood, Mount Waverley beat them by 120+ where as CPL only managed less than half of that (52)

How are the top five sides tracking with injuries so far? I heard cpl had a few but assuming with the week off this wk a few teams should expect some players back?

How are the top five sides tracking with injuries so far? I heard cpl had a few but assuming with the week off this wk a few teams should expect some players back?
Interesting stat coming into the 1/2 way mark.
Club Players used, Players played all 8 games, Ladder Pos.
Dandy 45 6 8
Mt Wav 31 15 1
Lyn 33 6 4
Sth Y 32 9 6
EH 34 7 7
Hallam 36 6 9
Ash 33 8 10
Sand 33 9 5
CPL 32 6 2
BR 33 11 3

Based on those figures CPL will improve even more if they get the majority of there best players playing from here on in, must have very good depth at the club. Mount appear to of had a good run with injuries to date playing a staggering 15 players which gives them stability and a core group of players.

Interesting stat coming into the 1/2 way mark.
Club Players used, Players played all 8 games, Ladder Pos.
Dandy 45 6 8
Mt Wav 31 15 1
Lyn 33 6 4
Sth Y 32 9 6
EH 34 7 7
Hallam 36 6 9
Ash 33 8 10
Sand 33 9 5
CPL 32 6 2
BR 33 11 3

Based on those figures CPL will improve even more if they get the majority of there best players playing from here on in, must have very good depth at the club. Mount appear to of had a good run with injuries to date playing a staggering 15 players which gives them stability and a core group of players.

Great chart there, obvious variables occur such as who are the personal that are put injured for the teams? it can make a big differebce in particular key position players, interesting to note that all sides have had a similar amount of players go thru bar dandenong.... I think the second half of season will throw up some surprising results, with the top three once locked away potentially resting players while there seems to be a fair bit of evenness from 4th to 8th on the ladder.

Great chart there, obvious variables occur such as who are the personal that are put injured for the teams? it can make a big differebce in particular key position players, interesting to note that all sides have had a similar amount of players go thru bar dandenong.... I think the second half of season will throw up some surprising results, with the top three once locked away potentially resting players while there seems to be a fair bit of evenness from 4th to 8th on the ladder.
The quality of the 15 Mt Wav players is interesting.
Beecroft,Stacey,Cafiso,C Jeffry,Borrie,Dunn,Gough,Wilkin,J Rickard,Morrie,Dennis,Mathers,Taunt,S Rickard and Patrick

Most if not all of there Mids and forward structure.

The quality of the 15 Mt Wav players is interesting.
Beecroft,Stacey,Cafiso,C Jeffry,Borrie,Dunn,Gough,Wilkin,J Rickard,Morrie,Dennis,Mathers,Taunt,S Rickard and Patrick

Most if not all of there Mids and forward structure.

Great chart! Gives a good insight.

There are obvious variables and in the case of CPL it could come down to a lot of new players and trying to find the right mix.

Mount Waverley with 15 that have played every game gives them a massive advantage, 8 games together means there structures and stuff like that will be settled and everyone would know there roles. Would like to know how many have played 6-7? The players are mainly mids and a few from
forward and back. I have noticed there missing I. Taylor who kicked a lot of there goals the first few rounds but had missed the last 4 or so? And there FB M. Jefferies has missed a few here and there so not everyone is full strength.

Great chart! Gives a good insight.

There are obvious variables and in the case of CPL it could come down to a lot of new players and trying to find the right mix.

Mount Waverley with 15 that have played every game gives them a massive advantage, 8 games together means there structures and stuff like that will be settled and everyone would know there roles. Would like to know how many have played 6-7? The players are mainly mids and a few from
forward and back. I have noticed there missing I. Taylor who kicked a lot of there goals the first few rounds but had missed the last 4 or so? And there FB M. Jefferies has missed a few here and there so not everyone is full strength.

The other variable is are any sides adding extra quality players before clearance period ends? It could be that cpl , mt wav, br now seem solidified as contenders that they could look to prop sides up with where they may have weaknesses or lack of depth.

Would like to know everyone's GF predictions...

I will go outside the box and say it will be-
Mt Waverley vs Black Rock

Tips for the weekend....

Sandown vs BLACK ROCK - 31 points

CPL vs Hallam - 80 points

South Yarra vs ASHWOOD - 1 points

Endeavour Hills vs DANDENONG - 8 points

Lyndale vs MOUNT WAVERLEY - 48 points

Now I initially want to say that I love watching local footy and seeing a hard contest between 2 sides. Love seeing the big bumps and tackles etc but one aspect I continue to see is lower ability sides tend to become "dirty" especially when they start to lose a game. Why is that? Do they believe they had a "win" by belting an opposition player on the day? I have watched quite a few games this season (seen more sides than others) and the top sides very rarely perform what I call "dirty" acts. IMO no wonder they are higher on the ladder compared to other teams who want to belt players.
Any thoughts or opinions on the above?

As a relatively new supporter of the SFL, i haven't really watched anything other than Division 3. I was interested to get you guys opinion on how the better teams in Div3, such as Mount Waverley and CPL, would fare in a higher league such as Div2. Could they make finals? Win a few games? or would they not even be competitive?

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back