SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair chance it could come down to the side that has its best team on the park , mount and cpl dropping games against lower sides I'm my opinion must mean they are not at full strength.

In regards to south yarra beating sandown they are a 6 goal better side at that shit heap of a ground... Will surprise more sides this season at home ....

Fair chance it could come down to the side that has its best team on the park , mount and cpl dropping games against lower sides I'm my opinion must mean they are not at full strength.

In regards to south yarra beating sandown they are a 6 goal better side at that shit heap of a ground... Will surprise more sides this season at home ....

Agree South Yarra clearly lift when at home, but with Mount and CPL already having played there I don't think they will take any other big scalps this year.

If you look at both CPL and Mounts team lists they both have had from 5-10 players out since the last time they met. So maybe that could explain the recent losses, I noticed Beecroft didn't play against Hallam on Saturday. If that's a long term injury it would really hurt them, he would be
just about there best player.
As for CPL they have only had Moor for 4 games this year, leaves a big hole in that backline.

thing is we werent at full strengh either ,but cant take much out of it we were the better side on the day,big test for us this week against ashwood dont think we have ever beaten them there and they are looking to keep there finals hopes alive

Just an update on sides with players that have played all 12 games.

Ashwood 5,Black Rock 8,CPL 4,Dand 1,EH 4,Hlm 3,Lyn 5,MW 11,Sand 8, Sth Y 4 .

Mount the most with 11 players
Sandown
Black Rock
Ashwood
Lyndale
CPL
EH
Sth Y
Hallam
Dandenong the least with 1 player

I still believe if CPL get back the bulk of their players into there side by round 15 they will win the flag.

some interesting data there, only thing is how do u know that cpl have quality to come in ? They could be playing their best side now? Mount have a really strong core of players should any go down I think they will be in a bit of trouble ... BR seem a bit more even over the ground but seem young and no real superstars, in saying that I think they move the ball better than both cpl and mount when they are on ....

Heard a rumour from mw that beecroft has a busted wrist. Could be out for up to 8 weeks. Anyone know the truth behind that?

Black rock vs mt Waverley match of the round this week. Will be interesting to see what happens after mount only won by 8 pts at their postage stamp. Have heard gough has agreed to eat his goal tally in hotdogs in the next few weeks! All hands on deck in the canteens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im a cpl man but wasnt at the cpl/lyndale game saturday but from all reports it was cpls weakest 1's side theyve fielded all year, they were missing dalton and olaman who are/were both in the top 10 in the goal kicking plus they lost two blokes early in the 1st through injury who didnt play the rest of the game. No excuses i guess but just saying, credit where credits due, lyndale were the better team on the day. Also shows cpls depth with the twos on top of the ladder only losing 1 game. From cpls 1's theres 9 blokes wich didnt play saturday that will walk straight back into the team when ready. Makes cpls 2's even more of a threat

Moor
Agree South Yarra clearly lift when at home, but with Mount and CPL already having played there I don't think they will take any other big scalps this year.

If you look at both CPL and Mounts team lists they both have had from 5-10 players out since the last time they met. So maybe that could explain the recent losses, I noticed Beecroft didn't play against Hallam on Saturday. If that's a long term injury it would really hurt them, he would be
just about there best player.
As for CPL they have only had Moor for 4 games this year, leaves a big hole in that backline.

Moor back next week

Every team has players out in July .... I'd argue without having inside knowledge that Lyndale probably had 4-7 players out too, having 9 players come back into a side is not always a good thing, can be more disruptive as some players will have varying fitness levels also....

Im a cpl man but wasnt at the cpl/lyndale game saturday but from all reports it was cpls weakest 1's side theyve fielded all year, they were missing dalton and olaman who are/were both in the top 10 in the goal kicking plus they lost two blokes early in the 1st through injury who didnt play the rest of the game. No excuses i guess but just saying, credit where credits due, lyndale were the better team on the day. Also shows cpls depth with the twos on top of the ladder only losing 1 game. From cpls 1's theres 9 blokes wich didnt play saturday that will walk straight back into the team when ready. Makes cpls 2's even more of a threat

I'm sure Lyndale may not have been full strength either, I'm sure Sandown probably weren't full strenght against Sth Yarra. Mount probably had a few out when they lost to Ashwood.

At the end of the day it doesn't say on the ladder how many players you have injured or how good the side you had on the park was, it just says win loss or draw

Black rock seem to be the only ones without injuries which probably explains the improvement this year for them , having played against their twos I don't think they have much depth to be honest so if they get injuries I think they will struggle come finals .

Anyone else wondering why the game of the week is Ashwood vs Lyndale? Not saying it won't be a good game but surely if you were picking a game in division 3 this week you would pick Mount Waverley vs Black Rock. Or do they not plan it week by week? CPL have had 2 radio games and after Saturday Ashwood will of had 2 also.
Maybe some bias towards those clubs and with Sandown, Endeavour Hills, Black Rock and now Lyndale having radio games you wonder why Mount Waverley has been left out?

You would think they would venture out to CPL in a few weeks when the top 2 sides meet?

Anyone else wondering why the game of the week is Ashwood vs Lyndale? Not saying it won't be a good game but surely if you were picking a game in division 3 this week you would pick Mount Waverley vs Black Rock. Or do they not plan it week by week? CPL have had 2 radio games and after Saturday Ashwood will of had 2 also.
Maybe some bias towards those clubs and with Sandown, Endeavour Hills, Black Rock and now Lyndale having radio games you wonder why Mount Waverley has been left out?

You would think they would venture out to CPL in a few weeks when the top 2 sides meet?

I believe they are selected before the season starts

Maybe some bias towards those clubs and with Sandown, Endeavour Hills, Black Rock and now Lyndale having radio games you wonder why Mount Waverley has been left

Hardly think there is a bias towards Lyndale, it would be our first radio game in maybe 4 years and we have never had one at home.

Rain,Hail,Lightning and Snow on those hills only means one thing unpredictable football.
Tips for this week.
Dandy 15 points
Mt Wav 13 points
CPL 24 points
EH 4 points
Ashwood 9 points

Have a good footy week end.

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back