SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashwood knocked off mount?!

Good win for them and wineberg. They play very physical, but it looks like Mt had their chances. I'm sure the wind played havoc as it did in our game (and yes everyone has to play with it)

CPL were good and hung around for a drink after they got us in the last, credit to them... Still the best side we have played.

We still have alot to work on but definitely in the mix.

9.4 - 6.15

Mount kicked more behinds than Ashwood had scoring shots !
That's a massive win for the Magpies, still can't see them making finals though.

CongrAts to ashwood they played very well! Could easily say we had our chances but ashwood played very well could definitely be a cheeky chance for finals and cause some trouble!

Having played ashwood they are def one of the more physical teams , lack polish but def have a go. Makes me wonder do mount Waverley struggle with physical pressure?

Having played ashwood they are def one of the more physical teams , lack polish but def have a go. Makes me wonder do mount Waverley struggle with physical pressure?

Makes you wonder if some blokes on this forum have any idea what they are talking about? Pretty sure last time they played Ashwood the result was 100+ points, were Ashwood not physical round 2? Maybe Mt Waverley just had an off day? I think after going through 10-0 taking care of every team and beating most by more than 100 points they can be given some slack for losing to an in form team at there home deck, when they kicked more behinds than Ashwood has scoring shots. You change the score line to 4.9 - 15.6 it looks a little different

Snipe? When we played them they were fine, they just had a go, lacking polish but all credit to them they have a decent go.... Questions have to be asked? Are mount choking again? Are they suspect under physical pressure ?

Snipe? When we played them they were fine, they just had a go, lacking polish but all credit to them they have a decent go.... Questions have to be asked? Are mount choking again? Are they suspect under physical pressure ?

Are you just being stupid on purpose? They have lost 1 game out of 11, they sit on top of the ladder. They kicked inaccurately which lost them the game, plain and simple, whether they are suspect under physical pressure is irrelevant. They will come out next week against Hallam and most likely flog them by 100+, then they have a hard 3 weeks against Black Rock, CPL & Sandown.
Maybe you can start asking questions after that.

The question has to be asked buddy... That club has a history of choking... Sounds like u are taking it personally .... Mount Waverley are a good side but seeing carrum I can't see them ..... Carrum will beat them by ten goals second time around.... Even black rock will give them a run....

Pressure is in mount next week. Will be interested to see how they bounce back. They will be desperate to shake the 'chokers' tag

The question has to be asked buddy... That club has a history of choking... Sounds like u are taking it personally .... Mount Waverley are a good side but seeing carrum I can't see them ..... Carrum will beat them by ten goals second time around.... Even black rock will give them a run....

I'm not taking it personally at all, I have no ties with Mount Waverley what so ever. I just find it funny how people are calling them chokers after they lost 1 game? A game that in retrospect they should not have lost, they kicked 4.7 in the last to 1.0 and they lost by a kick. That club has a tag of choking, but the last time they played in a grand final was 3 years ago. They are a completely different side with completely different players.

I think CPL and will drop a game or two from now until finals, same goes for Black Rock and Sandown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question has to be asked.... The best side I've seen is cpl....

At there best I think Mount is better but agree CPLis consistently at a higher level, I couldn't split them at the start of the year and decided when they played each other I would make my judgment after that game. And we all know the result.

I'm not taking it personally at all, I have no ties with Mount Waverley what so ever. I just find it funny how people are calling them chokers after they lost 1 game? A game that in retrospect they should not have lost, they kicked 4.7 in the last to 1.0 and they lost by a kick. That club has a tag of choking, but the last time they played in a grand final was 3 years ago. They are a completely different side with completely different players.

I think CPL and will drop a game or two from now until finals, same goes for Black Rock and Sandown.

hahaha, oh boy.

Durie would be right up there bomberaz

You suggesting I follow Mount Waverley? Haha far from it! I have seen them play twice this year hence why I have a few in there. that I have a mate plays there but no, I actually follow Lyndale if I had to say I followed anyone.
I thought you said no ties what so ever.

The Mt Waverley spin doctor at work again. Just a little bump in the road he says. Oh, but he's got no ties to the club apart from drinking there, and having mates there........ The way he was carrying on about the bloody Mt Waverley 2's from a few years ago it sounds like he was apart of that team to me.......

It's a little more than a bump.

My Waverley could afford to lose to Carrum at Carrum and still finish top.

Now they can't, CPL has already played Black Rock and Sandown twice, Mount has BR, CPL and Sandown in consecutive games. If they drop any of them, especially the CPL game, they will finish second and probably get Black Rock first week of the finals.........

I'd say CPL is now favorites to finish top, especially if they can belt some teams in the back end of the season, there's only about 120 pts difference between Mount and Carrum in terms of %, that is pretty much 1 game against a bottom side if they can get a hold of them in decent conditions...........

Last edited:
The Mt Waverley spin doctor at work again. Just a little bump in the road he says. Oh, but he's got no ties to the club apart from drinking there, and having mates there........ The way he was carrying on about the bloody Mt Waverley 2's from a few years ago it sounds like he was apart of that team to me.......

Now they can't, CPL has already played Black Rock and Sandown twice, Mount has BR, CPL and Sandown in consecutive games. If they drop any of them, especially the CPL game, they will finish second and probably get Black Rock first week of the finals.........

I'd say CPL is now favorites to finish top, especially if they can belt some teams in the back end of the season, there's only about 120 pts difference between Mount and Carrum in terms of %, that is pretty much 1 game against a bottom side if they can get a hold of them in decent conditions...........

I agree that CPL will finish top.
As we get deeper into winter, the harder bodies will be a lot more important and make the running game a little more difficult.
We led CPL for 3 & 1/2 qtrs yesterday, to a team that is a premiership favourite so I wouldn't write us off the top 3 just yet. Big test for us coming up with mt at home. We have beaten them at home the last 2 years and play the ground pretty well.

In other news things are looking really 'bright' here at sandown with brand new lights being installed within the next month (will be better illumination then hallams ground) and a redevelopment of our rooms and facilities at the end of the year courtesy of the dandenong council shelling out $985,000 for the project!

Last edited:
Good result by ashwood, nothing should be taken away from them. Black rock had a dismal day in front of goals against Sandown but in the end of the day the team that's walks off winners is the better side!

I agree that CPL will finish top.
As we get deeper into winter, the harder bodies will be a lot more important and make the running game a little more difficult.
We led CPL for 3 & 1/2 qtrs yesterday, to a team that is a premiership favourite so I wouldn't write us off the top 3 just yet. Big test for us coming up with mt at home. We have beaten them at home the last 2 years and play the ground pretty well.

In other news things are looking really 'bright' here at sandown with brand new lights being installed within the next month (will be better illumination then hallams ground) and a redevelopment of our rooms and facilities at the end of the year courtesy of the dandenong council shelling out $985,000 for the project!

I'm not writing Sandown off finishing third far from it. I just think Black Rock might pip you, my gut feel is all.

I was at the Sandown game on the weekend, great result for the club with the new rooms, and you put up a hell of a fight, used the conditions better in the first 3 qtrs i thought. Barr took over the game in the last qtr and won it for CPL though. Sandown's midfield a lot slicker since the last time I saw it.

Mount still yet to play, Hallam, EHills & South Yarra. Could quite easily do all 3 by 100+

I agree CPL will most likely now finish top, and are the best chance to take the flag. My only argument is that I wouldn't write off a lower team knocking them off like Ashwood did on the weekend.

Fair bit more than was originally allocated Turbs, but good news none the less. Council is allocating funds to all their pavilions etc over the next 20 years or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back