SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

My thoughts exactly.

They will have two losses between them, and only because they play each other.

Big chance for one of them to go through undefeated IMO.

I have them winning a game each against each other, just going on home ground advantage. Had CPL losing a couple more along the way and Mount losing one to either Black Rock or Lyndale.

1- CPL / 17 - 1
2- Lyndale / 15 - 3
3- Mount Waverley / 14 - 4
4- Sandown / 12 - 6
5- Black Rock / 12 - 6
6- Endeavour Hills / 8 - 10
7- Ashwood / 8 - 10
8- South Yarra / 5 - 13
9 - Hallam / 3 - 15
10- Dandenong / 1 - 17

Mount Waverley still yet to beat a competitive side.
Lyndale & Sandown both will improve with a few key players to come in.
CPL, too experienced, big bodied and skillfull.
Only RND3 so until everyone has played everyone, very hard to gauge.

Last edited:

1- CPL / 17 - 1
2- Lyndale / 15 - 3
4- Sandown / 12 - 8
5- Black Rock / 12 - 8
7- Ashwood / 8 - 10
8- South Yarra / 5 - 13
9 - Hallam / 3 - 15
10- Dandenong / 1 - 17

You could say that Mount haven't beaten a competitive side, but they have won by 120+ each time. Surely the gap between Dandenong, Ashwood, Hallam isn't 120 points to teams like Sandown, South Yarra, Lyndale, Black Rock, Endeavour Hills... Mount are still 10 goals better than any other team and about level with CPL so you can't say they would lose 4 games? Who will they lose to other than CPL

You could say that Mount haven't beaten a competitive side, but they have won by 120+ each time. Surely the gap between Dandenong, Ashwood, Hallam isn't 120 points to teams like Sandown, South Yarra, Lyndale, Black Rock, Endeavour Hills... Mount are still 10 goals better than any other team and about level with CPL so you can't say they would lose 4 games? Who will they lose to other than CPL

You really cant go on "margins" as an indicator.
Last year Doveton beat Black rock by 100points, the following week we (Sandown) beat them by 168 points... Did that make us an 11 goal better side then Doveton??? Hell no, Doveton then stitched us up by 8 goals.

Until all teams have played each other once, its all speculation and it is only my opinion. I could be 100% wrong. Mount could go the whole year undefeated. But having played CPL seeing there mature and tall bodies and the way they reload from half back, I cant see them being beat to many times.

Mount Waverley have always been a quick / slick side and there recruits, whilst skillful aren't the biggest of bodies. I just see them being outbodied by the likes of CPL & Lyndale. Time will tell.

Agree with a lot of what your saying but I've seen both play, while CPL are big experienced bodies I can't see them getting anywhere near Mount to be physical. Mounts back half is HUGE, from what I saw 3 of them were almost ruckman size. Forward half is pretty small though which could hurt them because CPL is big down back. I see it as being fairly even, will come down to a midfield battle. Who wins that ??

Agree with a lot of what your saying but I've seen both play, while CPL are big experienced bodies I can't see them getting anywhere near Mount to be physical. Mounts back half is HUGE, from what I saw 3 of them were almost ruckman size. Forward half is pretty small though which could hurt them because CPL is big down back. I see it as being fairly even, will come down to a midfield battle. Who wins that ??

Cpl's forward line isnt the biggest, just smart so mounts big backline might beat them depending on weather i guess. I did hear greg walker ex noble, mordi, keysy, springy districts big chf was at cpl training this week. Would be another great pick up for them.

1- CPL / 17 - 1
2- Lyndale / 15 - 3
4- Sandown / 12 - 8
5- Black Rock / 12 - 8
7- Ashwood / 8 - 10
8- South Yarra / 5 - 13
9 - Hallam / 3 - 15
10- Dandenong / 1 - 17

That's interesting Sandown & Black Rock play 20 games o_O thou i do think BR will finish top 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real shame. Top bloke on and off the field... Pretty much got you guys over the line off his own boot against dandy in last years prelim.
May decide halfway through the season for a Johnny Farnham comeback???

Nah I think this is it, at least for this year.

You never know but, he might don the jumper again for 1 or 2 games in the future.

Cpl's forward line isnt the biggest, just smart so mounts big backline might beat them depending on weather i guess. I did hear greg walker ex noble, mordi, keysy, springy districts big chf was at cpl training this week. Would be another great pick up for them.

I watched the cpl v sth yarra game today, no offense to sth yarra but they have the worst ground and rooms in the league if not in sfl, the ground nearly not even safe to play on. Whats everyone elses thoughts on it, other teams played there??

don't worry mate we're with you but the ground gets a lot worse then that - you're lucky you don't play there in July, we can barely train from mid june onwards...as we said to one of your blokes during the 1's (if it wasn't you):

1 - the school 'owns' the ground and does not care for sports so they do f all for it

2 - we also have a council "stand off" from what I hear as south yarra is stonnington but camberwell is something else

we have a new light going up sometime this year which will help a bit but we all know it needs a lot more work

everyone has to play on it though

don't worry mate we're with you but the ground gets a lot worse then that - you're lucky you don't play there in July, we can barely train from mid june onwards...as we said to one of your blokes during the 1's (if it wasn't you):

1 - the school 'owns' the ground and does not care for sports so they do f all for it

2 - we also have a council "stand off" from what I hear as south yarra is stonnington but camberwell is something else

we have a new light going up sometime this year which will help a bit but we all know it needs a lot more work

everyone has to play on it though

Poor blokes, i feel sorry for ya's, it sux when the council or no one wants to help ya out. I dont play, i was just watching a relative play for cpl.

we have a won a premiership, went up a divvy and went runner up at that ground but a few yrs back now but it hurts recruiting for sure...dave canizzo (sfl ceo) used to play at sth yarra so if they wanted and/or could help then they would have i'd think so but i'm not really in the know

By far the worst facilities in the league, but you have to admit its a credit to the club to push on as an actual club with all these hurdles put in front of them.

You guys have a thirds team as well...so you guys would have around 100 blokes moving in and out of those tiny rooms 3 times a week.

I am quite surprised stonnington or even boorondara still aren't happy for you to move to one of their vacant grounds. I would be interested to hear why not considering clubs pay rent and ground maintenance fees etc. anyway.

we also have over 35's and 47's plus under 19's starting this yr sometime so it has a lot of traffic as week which doesn't help...our over teams moved to scotch and i played there last sun - bliss!!

we also have over 35's and 47's plus under 19's starting this yr sometime so it has a lot of traffic as week which doesn't help...our over teams moved to scotch and i played there last sun - bliss!!

I dunno how you guys train...I saw you guys only had 2 light poles which i am guessing would only light up about 1/3 of the ground. And the 1/3 that is lit up slopes down to the boundary line! With 100-150 players how do you guys do it?

you might have 5 3rds players train for the whole week, under 19's train tue/thu with the main group...i think...i don't/can't train!! overs train at scotch too i think...not sure though actually

What's everyones thoughts about the weekends results? The only game that played out as planned was the south Yarra vs cpl match. Was mount undermanned , or are black rock better than people thought?

What's everyones thoughts about the weekends results? The only game that played out as planned was the south Yarra vs cpl match. Was mount undermanned , or are black rock better than people thought?
I think black rock are better than what people think, there got a lot of player back from injury from what's been said and even last year towards the end if the season they were really competitive and put some teams that were in the finals race under the pump. They'll defiantly be up there!

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back