SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I dare say Black Rock will give them a touch up this weekend...

Tips.

SANDOWN vs Hallam - 48 points

Ashwood vs CPL - 89 points

DANDENONG vs South Yarra - 4 points
^^^^^ upset

MT WAVERLEY vs Endeavour Hills - 82 points

BLACK ROCK vs Lyndale - 60 points

We are not playing well in patches and while we are not putting our best team on the park each week due to injuries every club goes through it so I guess we are hoping we get ours out the way early. The fact is we are 6-1 with Read not playing a game, Harrison 1, Irish 2 and several others in and out.
That being said we are a better team than last season and we managed to knock off Mount at home and lose to them by a point away. Black Rock this week away is a huge test and the club is looking forward to it.

My tips this week: Hallam, CPL, Dandenong, Mount, Lyndale

We are not playing well in patches and while we are not putting our best team on the park each week due to injuries every club goes through it so I guess we are hoping we get ours out the way early. The fact is we are 6-1 with Read not playing a game, Harrison 1, Irish 2 and several others in and out.
That being said we are a better team than last season and we managed to knock off Mount at home and lose to them by a point away. Black Rock this week away is a huge test and the club is looking forward to it.

My tips this week: Hallam, CPL, Dandenong, Mount, Lyndale

To be where you are with the injuries you have is a great effort. I think Black Rock will knock you off this week and probably by a fair margin but who knows, every club will throw the kitchen sink at each other this weekend with the bye next week.

Don't think you can compare your results against Mount last year to this year, they are a completely different side. Same goes for CPL, they have both stepped it up another level. Other sides have changed but not for the better eg. dandenong

Gone a bit quiet.. My tips:

Hallam over Sandown
CPL over ashwood
South yarra over dandenong
Black rock over Lyndale
Mount over endeavour hills

So after Rd7 what is everyone's final ladder predictions?

1.Mount Waverley
2.Carrum Patterson Lakes

3.Black Rock

4.Lyndale
5.Sandown

6.Ashwood
7.South Yarra
8.Endeavour Hills

9.Hallam
10.Dandenong

I think Mount Waverley & CPL are clearly the 2 favourites for the comp. I also reckon Black Rock are there biggest challengers. Lyndale and Sandown should round out the 5, with Ashwood, South Yarra and Endeavour Hills all trying to steal 1 of their spots. Hallam and Dandenong are the real disappointments this year. A fair way off it for mine.

1. Mt Waverley
2. CPL
3. Black Rock
4. Lyndale
5. Sandown
---------------------
6. South Yarra
7. Ashwood
8. Endeavour Hills
9. Hallam
10. Dandenong
So after Rd7 what is everyone's final ladder predictions?

1.Mount Waverley
2.Carrum Patterson Lakes

3.Black Rock

4.Lyndale
5.Sandown

6.Ashwood
7.South Yarra
8.Endeavour Hills

9.Hallam
10.Dandenong

I think Mount Waverley & CPL are clearly the 2 favourites for the comp. I also reckon Black Rock are there biggest challengers. Lyndale and Sandown should round out the 5, with Ashwood, South Yarra and Endeavour Hills all trying to steal 1 of their spots. Hallam and Dandenong are the real disappointments this year. A fair way off it for mine.

Yeh mate completely agree, I would maybe swap South Yarra and Ashwood on your ladder but thats it. Black Rock look like the only real threat at this stage, they got within 6 points of Mt Waverley and got close against CPL earlier on.

Lyndale are yet to prove themselves, only playing 1 of the top 4 so far. With Black Rock this week and Mount Waverley after the bye I dont think we can judge them until then.

Last edited:
I dare say Black Rock will give them a touch up this weekend...

Tips.

SANDOWN vs Hallam - 48 points

Ashwood vs CPL - 89 points

DANDENONG vs South Yarra - 4 points
^^^^^ upset

MT WAVERLEY vs Endeavour Hills - 82 points

BLACK ROCK vs Lyndale - 60 points

Can tip..... ^^^^^

Black Rock are a solid team, they pushed CPL for 3 quarters/got within a goal of Mt Waverley and have taken care of every other side pretty comfortably.

Like I said before Lyndale were lucky to be 6-1, they have only beaten sides below them and with Mount Waverley after the bye they will 6-3.

There 3 losses
Black Rock - 60
CPL - 78
Mount Waverley - 60+ ???

And they have only beaten sides like Ashwood by 3 points, it will be interesting to see how they go once they get players back.

Lyndale played below average!
Some players are playing as individuals, not playing for the team, which is unfortunately costing the them. Pretty simple!

Black Rock playing really good footy, their kicking skills would be one of the best going around, hitting targets around the ground and rarely missing set shots! Very well set up around the ground as well, getting numbers to the contest and always getting numbers back behind play. They are very well disciplined team and deserve all the credit they get!

I di
Some players are playing as individuals, not playing for the team, which is unfortunately costing the them. Pretty simple!

Black Rock playing really good footy, their kicking skills would be one of the best going around, hitting targets around the ground and rarely missing set shots! Very well set up around the ground as well, getting numbers to the contest and always getting numbers back behind play. They are very well disciplined team and deserve all the credit they get![/

Black Rock playing really good footy, their kicking skills would be one of the best going around, hitting targets around the ground and rarely missing set shots! Very well set up around the ground as well, getting numbers to the contest and always getting numbers back behind play. They are very well disciplined team and deserve all the credit they get!

From what I saw Lyndale looked quite unfit, especially thru the mids that only wanted to run one way and that obviously wasn't defensively .... Seems to be a gap between the top three and the rest of the comp?

From what I saw Lyndale looked quite unfit, especially thru the mids that only wanted to run one way and that obviously wasn't defensively .... Seems to be a gap between the top three and the rest of the comp?

Were not good enough yesterday, simple as that. Played 2 quarters of football and outscored the Jets in the 2nd half but all the damage was done during an insipid first half. Midfield depth has been sorely tested with significant players missing week to week, to top it off had a late withdrawal and lost Buntine early with a dislocated kneecap. No excuses it was simply application and effort that was missing.

Black Rock are a quality team with players to come in it seems. Had Krieger running around in the ressies.

Were not good enough yesterday, simple as that. Played 2 quarters of football and outscored the Jets in the 2nd half but all the damage was done during an insipid first half. Midfield depth has been sorely tested with significant players missing week to week, to top it off had a late withdrawal and lost Buntine early with a dislocated kneecap. No excuses it was simply application and effort that was missing.

Black Rock are a quality team with players to come in it seems. Had Krieger running around in the ressies.

Watching the game yesterday BR looked a class above Lyndale , from the sounds of it they were also missing quite a few players also yesterday which will only improve them in the second half of season.... I think u will see sides like Hallam/ashwood cause some upsets in second half of season as apart from top three sides it seems very even comp .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was on Fremantles list I think...?
Spot on localfoots he was. He will be a great addition to BR after losing Sanchez for the year to an ACL. D. Dewar, Baranski & that handy forward they had at the start of they year and you will have a very competitive side to push Mount and CPL.

Spot on localfoots he was. He will be a great addition to BR after losing Sanchez for the year to an ACL. D. Dewar, Baranski & that handy forward they had at the start of they year and you will have a very competitive side to push Mount and CPL.

Having seen the top three sides play they all have certain strengths that the other doesn't in my opinion .... Watching black rock yesterday and how quickly they can move the ball with run, carry and link up they could def cause the two top sides some probs on bigger grounds....

Having seen the top three sides play they all have certain strengths that the other doesn't in my opinion .... Watching black rock yesterday and how quickly they can move the ball with run, carry and link up they could def cause the two top sides some probs on bigger grounds....

Have to disagree with you, I have seen all 3 teams as well. Carrum move the ball well but they don't really run and carry, Black Rock are similar but run and carry a bit more. Mount Waverley move the ball well but run in numbers and move it on faster than anyone I've seen, they would have at least 4-5 guys that would be quicker than the fastest player at Black Rock or Carrum.

Bigger grounds will suit Mount Waverley more that anyone.

Have to disagree with you, I have seen all 3 teams as well. Carrum move the ball well but they don't really run and carry, Black Rock are similar but run and carry a bit more. Mount Waverley move the ball well but run in numbers and move it on faster than anyone I've seen, they would have at least 4-5 guys that would be quicker than the fastest player at Black Rock or Carrum.

Bigger grounds will suit Mount Waverley more that anyone.
Mount must be fast then , what do u think their weakness is if they have one at all?

Mount must be fast then , what do u think their weakness is if they have one at all?

Hard to find one at this stage, they look solid all over the ground. There midfield is the best going around and with big Gough down forward they can kick a big score! I think there biggest strength is there back 6. Maybe the only negative could be that they are a bit reliant on Gough? Dont get me wrong if he was in my forward line I'd kick it to him every time he rarely loses one on one. They always have a good spread of goal kickers and some of there smalls are kicking plenty but if Gough goes down they are losing a lot of fire power and it would be almost impossible to replace him.

Hard to find one at this stage, they look solid all over the ground. There midfield is the best going around and with big Gough down forward they can kick a big score! I think there biggest strength is there back 6. Maybe the only negative could be that they are a bit reliant on Gough? Dont get me wrong if he was in my forward line I'd kick it to him every time he rarely loses one on one. They always have a good spread of goal kickers and some of there smalls are kicking plenty but if Gough goes down they are losing a lot of fire power and it would be almost impossile to replace him.

Fair enough , they sound pretty awesome, only seen them play once, so hard to judge on what they do well.... I guess both BR and cpl have pushed mount went the played so will be interesting second time around as watching BR on the weekend they seem to have improved a lot with plenty of upside still from what I could tell....

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back