SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

No real surprises last week except City's great effort against St.Pauls, nearly got the chocolates from all reports with a few missing

This week

St.Pauls by 18 points
East Brighton by 10 points
East Malvern by 30 points
Bentleigh by 8 points
StKilda City by 15 points

I reckon Bentleigh can open their account and City to surprise the Dingoes

Good win by Clayton and it showed that East Malvern are no easy beats any more
Sounds like StPauls and East Brighton are going to be missing a few players, so could we see a shock result today?
Now seeing Chelts team I'm tipping them to win by 120+pts
It would be good for the comp if Heatherton can pick up a few more players as they look the only team that is not up to 1st Div at the moment

Shayne Gibbs has returned from CPL to help out Heatherton.

How did page 2 of yesterdays Herald Sun go down at Dingley?
We read The Age in Dingley, and Francis is going well on top of the Goal Kicking. Thank for asking.[/QUOTE]
You must have being stewing on that since Tues as you post straight after your game on sat with a comeback
Only thing is i cant see anywhere where I asked how francis was going, so you did read the article on him. Im doubting very much any of the hillbillies in Dingley would read the age
I watched your game on sat and yes francis played very well. His old man will be very happy he is on top of the goal kicking
Ill be watching your game again this sat and will see how he goes against another side.

Tips R3
Chelsea Heights vs St Pauls x11pts
East Brighton vs Cheltenham x24pts
Heatherton vs East Malvern x44pts
Clayton x4pts vs Bentleigh
Dingley x14pts vs St Kilda City

Tips R 4
Bentleigh x26pts vs Heatherton The demons to get their first win in D1
East Malvern vs East Brighton x40pts Brighton !!! Can anyone beat them ????
St Pauls vs Dingley x4pts Dingley just
St Kilda City vs Clayton x11pts Clayton they have to be happy the way they are going
Cheltenham x45pts vs Chelsea Heights They can't play that bad again and it should have woken a few up now

If Francis couldn't get a ton playing at East Brighton with the supply that he received from their midfield then he never will.

We read The Age in Dingley, and Francis is going well on top of the Goal Kicking. Thank for asking.
You must have being stewing on that since Tues as you post straight after your game on sat with a comeback
Only thing is i cant see anywhere where I asked how francis was going, so you did read the article on him. Im doubting very much any of the hillbillies in Dingley would read the age
I watched your game on sat and yes francis played very well. His old man will be very happy he is on top of the goal kicking
Ill be watching your game again this sat and will see how he goes against another side.[/QUOTE]
I don't log on and read dribble from people like you on a daily basis. Saturday night was the first I saw of your dribble. The response I gave is what your "Post" deserved… Nothing, it's irrelevant. The fact you are watching Dingley 2 weeks in a row must mean your a fan or no other club wants you.

If Francis couldn't get a ton playing at East Brighton with the supply that he received from their midfield then he never will.
Don't listen to GOTCHA, Greg, He believes he was watching Dingley on Saturday as a football lover??? , then he spoke to his SOURCE??? Fair dinkum, he should be writing columns in the New Idea, reveal YOUR Source. I speak to him each week and at no stage has he mentioned 100 goals.

Don't listen to GOTCHA, Greg, He believes he was watching Dingley on Saturday as a football lover??? , then he spoke to his SOURCE??? Fair dinkum, he should be writing columns in the New Idea, reveal YOUR Source. I speak to him each week and at no stage has he mentioned 100 goals.

Haha i'll stay out of it between both of you, but i don't think he will get the ton. Might get close if Dingley keep in the form they are in but it's never an easy feat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never mentioned MY source. I think you'll find it was another post who mentioned it.
Ill be watching this week as St.Pauls are one of the sides I take an interest in

Its good to see bentleigh get the first win, they have been very competitive so far, hopefully mordy can win the flag and get back upto divvy 1 .it looks like the divy 1 comp is a little more even this year, we just need to bridge the gap a little more from top to bottom. I just read the SFL top 50 ( a bit late ) im not sure who picks that but dingley with only 2 in the top 50 and none in the top 20?

That would be this guy.

Dingley's greatest strength is their evenness. From 1-22 they have solid contributions each week.

No doubt a couple more could have been added, but hindsight is a wonderful thing! Frost was top 20 BTW.
Even from a Dingley person I agree. Before the start of the year you couldn't really argue about the lack of Dingoe players in the top 20 because if you asked 10 Dingley people who their best player was you could receive 7 or 8 different answers. This year I think Bartholomew has gone up a level, Walmesley is a 25kg gun and Jimmy Ball doesn't have a bad game.

Did you get down to Doggie Land on Saturday?

No I went down for a counter meal at the local and got stuck there.Weather was crap outside anyway.
You guys are travelling along beautifully ATM. Doggies haven't lost too many games at home over the last 5 years so its a very good win.
Ran into an EB supporter at the footy last night who says they have got a massive injury list so im tipping you'll knock them off in a couple of weeks.
FRom memory he says they've lost Rayson,Marigilani and Sotriades for the season and also on the injury list but I don't know how long for is Williamson,Jeffrey,REid.Dahl,Percy and some others I cant recall.Does anyone from EB want to confirm that they have this many injuries and how severe are they. I reckon 5 or 6 of them if true played interleague.
By the way did Francis play last week as I didn't see him on the goals list or did McIntyre have the better of him again.

Last edited:
Greg what happened last Sat. Missing any or have Dingley improved that much?

Missing Jarryd Allan (broken collarbone), McCarthy (15 tackles last week) & Dawes (VFL listed). These guys are massive for us with providing run and carry and we simply ran out of legs.

Didn't take our chances and when we did have the chance we turned it over through the middle with poor skill execution.

To Dingleys credit, they are definately improved and would be the flag favourite for mine. In saying that, and whilst it's a biased opinion being a player, I believe any of EB, Dingley and us could win it on their day. I won't comment on Chelt as we have them this week so i'll see for myself then.

At least it's not clear cut which means there's going to be a cracking final series to look forward to come September.

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back