SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Any other late breaking news Scoop?

Perhaps you could report that you have found 100 supporters to watch your next away game! The 6 that turned up to the top of the table clash a couple of weeks ago would love some company
Wouldn't expect anything else but a denial but the proof will be in the pudding. Already an admission of discussion and where there is smoke generally there's fire. Recognized as a quality bloke acknowledged but money talks and Noble have plenty

Whispers of Collins from Chelt regularly being out on the piss on a Friday night. Not a great look for a big name and highly paid recruit.
With Chelt playing on Sunday. Collo just might turn it on after an early Saturday night.... I hope so. Go Chelt.

Last edited:

Went to both games this weekend
East Brighton were way to good for the injury rattled doggies, both teams have struggled to get there best 22 on the park all year, but Saturdays game has shown that anyone on there they day can win the flag, I always thought it had been a 2 horse race but the vampires have proven me wrong, they hunted the ball very we'll with hope and Douthie leading the way had some polish on the outside with Heatherington whose game I was very impressed with Lynch and the Jamierson brothers were very clever and crafty and kicked 6 goals between them, I was also impressed with the big fella Dahl who proberly got the better of big man Gilbert I thought Stewart was outstanding and Bowman battled hard on James who was kept to 2 goals which is a bonus, Ridgway was pretty disappointing for the doggies and will be looking to forget his game out of the memory bank, for the doggies I thought McIntyre and Ambrose tried hard all day while Lewis did a good shutdown roll on Williamson who I was surprised with his limited midfield time but in the end I guess it worked.. I would be very happy if I was the EB coach with the way his players stuck to his game plan and stuck at the job all day it was a solid 4 quarter effort which you need to show in finals on the other hand St Paul's will need to lift a clog this week against the heighters, it was quite un St. Paul's team on Saturday and there defensive side will have to improve they just let the opposition midfield get foward entries with no presser hope you boys enjoy my wrap
5 Votes Jamierson #22
4 Votes Jansen #35
3 Votes Dahl (ruckman)
2 votes Stewart #5
1 vote Douthie #14

Part 2
Chelsea Heights vs Cheltenham
This game was a corker, it had everything, goals from the impossible angle high marks big hits and it best of all it was close, Walsh was outstanding for the heighters played mostly which ever way the wind was going which was a fantastic move by Lockwood and was always in the play, wheather kicking goals or chipping off marks in the back line I was very impressed with Pat Nicholls and he deffently showed why he is one of the best players in the comp covering the ground like a midfielder and clunking them, Collins was pretty good with 4 goals but he wasn't outstanding just did his Job Grahem was disappointing, found himself lost at times, I thought Cuy was also one of chelts better players and Martin tried hard all day, they just lacked some depth not enough quality players for mine, pay to much to to there quality players would love them to go after a gun midfielder, they just lacked some grunt but Chelsea on the other hand were excellent Terek was very powerful in the ruck and will need to show his physicality next week against the doggies, the Dodson brothers were also very impressive, Matherson drifted in and out of the game Trav Buldock played a blinder also and the awkward Perryman caught an eye to, the heighters are going to need to lift a gear if they are going to trouble St Paul's
5 Votes Darren Walsh #3
4 Votes Pat Nicholls #10
3 Votes Cuy #17
2 votes Perryman #25
1 vote Buldock #5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

East Brighton were way to good for the injury rattled doggies, both teams have struggled to get there best 22 on the park all year, but Saturdays game has shown that anyone on there they day can win the flag, I always thought it had been a 2 horse race but the vampires have proven me wrong, they hunted the ball very we'll with hope and Douthie leading the way had some polish on the outside with Heatherington whose game I was very impressed with Lynch and the Jamierson brothers were very clever and crafty and kicked 6 goals between them, I was also impressed with the big fella Dahl who proberly got the better of big man Gilbert I thought Stewart was outstanding and Bowman battled hard on James who was kept to 2 goals which is a bonus, Ridgway was pretty disappointing for the doggies and will be looking to forget his game out of the memory bank, for the doggies I thought McIntyre and Ambrose tried hard all day while Lewis did a good shutdown roll on Williamson who I was surprised with his limited midfield time but in the end I guess it worked.. I would be very happy if I was the EB coach with the way his players stuck to his game plan and stuck at the job all day it was a solid 4 quarter effort which you need to show in finals on the other hand St Paul's will need to lift a clog this week against the heighters, it was quite un St. Paul's team on Saturday and there defensive side will have to improve they just let the opposition midfield get foward entries with no presser hope you boys enjoy my wrap
5 Votes Jamierson #22
4 Votes Jansen #35
3 Votes Dahl (ruckman)
2 votes Stewart #5
1 vote Douthie #14

Great wrap and cheers for the mention ;)

It was definitely unlike us (St Pauls) to allow such easy possesions and after the spray we copped post game, i'm confident we will regroup and still give it a shake.

Halfway through the third quarter, against the wind and only 1 goal down, i thought we were a real chance if we could have held EB off for the rest of the quarter, however they piled on 4 - 5 goals which killed our chances and credit to them they worked harder and wanted it more.

Finals football is so unpredictable and i'm looking forward to heading down to watch Dingley vs EB...........

5 Votes Jamierson #22
4 Votes Jansen #35
3 Votes Dahl (ruckman)
2 votes Stewart #5
1 vote Douthie #14

Also i felt like Williamson was either injured or majorly underdone as he only went into the midfield for maybe 10 minutes total game time. The rest of the game he played forward.

Rumour has it that Port won't come to the SFL unless they come straight into Division 1. Well get serious Port you'll come in where the SFL see you fit and if you don't like that then the WRFL is still there to kick your arse

And so they should.. What's the point of playing a team like port melbourne colts in second division when they will win nearly every game by 12-20 goals

A thing called principle...

Heatherton have done the competition a lot of good over the past few years. If Skye can overcome Mordialloc then there will be a new team in the competition which will inject some much needed vitality and interest back into Div 1. Dingley did it the hard way as they had to virtually start from scratch, but look at them now pushing for the flag and will probably win it. If Colts decide to come over then put them into Div 1 and have a 12 team competition and for one year, with two being relegated and one promoted next season along with a top 6 for finals. The interest in the competition will be unparalleled as everyone will be keen to watch which teams can make the finals and also keep watch the enthralling battle as clubs desperately try to avoid relegation.If this occurs the competition will become much stronger and attract more interest. The current plight of the WRFL is also a salient warning for all clubs and competitions as to the danger of allowing one club with very deep pockets to control a competition. Sooner or later the money will dry up however the damage would have been done as clubs go by the way or even fold. Perhaps it is time to get all club Presidents together and agree upon a salary cap for the good of the competition. Whilst I am at it can we also push for world peace and justice for all. I think there is more chance of success with the latter than the former.

Salary Caps are too hard to police if you pay cash or offer external jobs. A points system hasn't worked too well in the Cardinia League. Clubs with strong juniors like Narre and Cranbourne seem to get stronger. Dingley would benefit from a points system with the Juniors they have but how clubs without juniors in the SFL could attract 1 point players would be pretty hard.

Key Players

Daniel Bolger
Plays like Ollie Wines
- Arguably Dinglys best player, has the hard edge about him and is willing to roll up the sleeves and get dirty can play inside and outside is a thumping kick. He is going to be crucial if Dingly win, surely will attrack some attention from EB

Lucas Walmesly
Plays like Brent Stanton
is a running machine and racks up disposals isn't the best user off the footy but you when get it enough like he does it doesn't matter, will be looking for some revenge after getting knocked out cold in the final last year against the vampires

Dean Francis
Plays like Jack Gunston
- Big strong marking foward is a very good size, good on the lead and has reasonable hands, you won't see him get a big bag of 7 like James from St Paul's but you know he will hit the scoreboard 3 goals would be a pass for the ex vampire in a big final

East Brighton
Ben Douthie
Plays like Josh Keenedy
Is East Brightons barometer when he's up and about East are, he is a big body and will be looking to target the young dingly midfield is a racking boot, love going to footy to watch this bloke can play fwd,mid and back

Mark Jamierson
Plays like Adam Schneider
he is the smartest player in the SFL doesn't look like a footballer but defiantly does damage, can play off a half back flank and zone off his opponent and take intercept marks but he is most known for his forward capabilities and I think that's where he will play on the weekend if the vampires are going to kick a winning score, I'm sure which ever end he plays he plays he will have a impact

Hamish Dahl
Plays like Clake Keating
-dominated the so called best ruckman in the comp Gilbert, he will be looking to smash the young Lloyd and I think he will, he doesn't get much of the ball around the ground, but stoppages are his go and puts it on a plater for the vamps midfield

Match Summary
Dingly must get it on the outside and Moorwood would be telling his young kids to run the ageing vampires off there feet, they have quite an attacking backline in Lavers and Larocca with Andrews being the rock through the middle Peet, Bolger and Walmesly with have to be massive for the dingoes and up foward Bartholomew will be at Dean Francis feet for the vampires there aim will be to make it a scrap be smart with footy in hand especially in the fwd 50 there unknown forward line could be there downfall Douthie there inspirational leader is going to have to have a cracker if they are to win Expect Bowman to go to the ex vampire and Hopefully Dahl can smash it forward and intimidate the young dingly team the vampires need to start the game we'll but expect Dingly to be ready and rearing to go after a week off

Dingly by 27 points

Key Players

Andrew Gilbert
Plays like Ben McEvoy
The Big ruckman had a shocker last week and has a big matchup on his hands in Terek expect him to make a Menze this week, doubt he will have 2 bad ones in a row. Is a running machine

Peter Mercoulia
Plays like Leigh Montagna
A gun midfielder one of the best in the comp and even better user James and Ridgway lick there lips when they see it in his hands, is a very big clearance player

Mark Marasco
Plays like Harry Taylor
Is the most under rated player in the competition, reads the play better than any one normally will take the 3rd tall and zone off and take contested marks in defensive 50

Darren Walsh
Plays like Nick Mecelski
Slices oppositions up with his elite kicking and lightning speed is quite tall will have to have a blinder if the heighters are to win, expect St. Paul's to put a bit of work into him

Phil Matherson
Plays like Angus Monfries
Plays high half foward, isn't overally tall but has great hands and a brilliant kick, doesn't kick as many goals as he should but in saying that he does set a lot up, again he is one player that needs to be up and about on Sunday

Trav Buldock
Plays like Jordan Lewis
A young up and comer is proberly there next captain, has great leadership qualities and shows that on the field, runs just as hard both ways which you don't normally see in the SFL and has a massive appetite for the contest, he will learn a lot from the experience doggie midfield

Match Summary
St Paul's were terrible last week and they won't be having 2 shockers in a row with a few back this week there will be very hard to beat Gilbet vs Terek is going to be great to watch and the young demon midfield vs the experienced doggies midfield will be telling expect James and Ridgway to kick 10 goals between them and the doggies to give the heighters a flogging, Chelsea have earned Alot of respect this year but I think the young team played there grand final last week

St Paul's by 45 points

Finals are so different. What happened today?
Dingoes just didn't have the run today. Struggled to take any marks inside 50. Dingley got smashed in the ruck by Dahl. Young Lloyd rolled his ankle early and we had to use Adam Stock who is probably 6 foot 1 and 70kg in the ruck. One of those days. Will be a tough gig next week as well assuming St Pauls beat Cheslea Heights. Gilbert flogged us last time.

Remove this Banner Ad

SFL Division 1 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back