Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

checks out academy

DO IT!
We might trade a few to next year and do it again.

Rubbing Hands Disagree GIF

It's a big price. I would prefer ~12 & ~15 tbh. If we did the above trade i'd want their 2nd rounder coming back

This season's form worries me. I know he's in a tough squad at the moment and maybe he's got one foot out the door but it's just a little concerning... Don't get me wrong though, i'd love him

Heā€™s had 50 shots at goal in the 18th team.
Kicked 27, would be our 3rd goal scorer.

What are you worrying about?

Not really interested on Bolton tbhā€¦we are getting our attacking together anyway. Could it be better? Yesā€¦

Iā€™m not coughing up the picks we have for anyone except Warner, and that looks like next year.

Would rather draft

Hmm looks like weā€™re going do it.

One first and St Kildaā€™s second is as far as Iā€™d want to go.

When is the last time a player was traded for two first rounders with one of them a top ten pick?

We're not trading for prime Judd or GA Jnr.
Jackson a couple years back

was a 2nd thrown in too

Edit: Taranto was close, 12 and 19

Edit: The trade is a bit confusing but JHF essentially went for pick 3 and an F1

Shai Bolton is not the guy who's going to dig in and do the grind at a rebuilding club and give his all week on week, but he's an elite match winner and in a side contending for a flag he can be a game breaker.

We're crazy if we don't cash in on a good offer for him, and his best capabilities suit Freo perfectly to take them to another level.

Shai Bolton is not the guy who's going to dig in and do the grind at a rebuilding club and give his all week on week, but he's an elite match winner and in a side contending for a flag he can be a game breaker.

We're crazy if we don't cash in on a good offer for him, and his best capabilities suit Freo perfectly to take them to another level.
And our hand isn't likely to be this good again any time soon.

was a 2nd thrown in too

Edit: The trade is a bit confusing but JHF essentially went for pick 3 and an F1
Jackson was for pick 13 and F1, F2.
Freo also got back 44 (Knobel) and 67 (Wagner)

Interesting trade. Wagner looks a set-and-forget best 22 for Freo.

Melbourne landed with:
Jefferson - building nicely but still needs time. Has had some nice hauls in the VFL (kicked 5 v Sandi) Not far off with another pre-season
Windsor - gun. Dees fans would be wrapped with what they've seen. I'm a huge fan.
F2 was used in trade

It's a massive deal. Surely no one is putting Bolton in the same discussions as the Jackson deal though.

Freo are crazy if they don't get this guy, presuming he's gettable.

You don't want to get bent over a barrel obviously but if you have to pay overs for him, do it

They're already a young side, a new draftees isn't going to help win a flag the way Bolton would.

Nothing wrong with missing out the early round in this draft, though I imagine they'll still keep Collingwood's first in any deal.

Bolton is the sort of guy that could kick 6 in a prelim to get you into a GF.
If he wants to go to Freo, they would be crazy not to take him.

He has been the ultimate kock tease so far in his career though.

And our hand isn't likely to be this good again any time soon.
I think this is the 'Key" We wouldnt want to lose him, but if he wants to leave, we wont get a better situation than now with Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely agree with this. The guy is really the cherry on top who in my opinion can turn a game. Freo have got the core group of guys that rock up every week and Bolton just adds that X factor to their midfield/forward to take them to the next step.

Also we are going to be bottom four for some time and it would actually be a shame to watch a guy with so much talent be wasted in a poor performing team. I also think Yze has his role wrong as he is effectively played predominantly forward, where as I think you need to get Shai up the ground and involved more.

Freo are crazy if they don't get this guy, presuming he's gettable.

You don't want to get bent over a barrel obviously but if you have to pay overs for him, do it

They're already a young side, a new draftees isn't going to help win a flag the way Bolton would.

Nothing wrong with missing out the early round in this draft, though I imagine they'll still keep Collingwood's first in any deal.
Wouldn't have thought so.

was a 2nd thrown in too

This just proves to me that Shai isn't worth two firsts with one being in the top 10.

You mean overs like Lachie Weller for pick 2? That kind of overs? You played hard ball cos he was contracted and we will do the same.
If I recall, the reason that trade happened the way it did is not because Weller was contracted but because Gold Coast put their foot in it and publicly promised Weller they would make the trade happen.

So yeah, if Freo don't do something similar that would be nice.

You honestly as a neutral think he's worth just the one top 10 pick?

Depends on where it ends up.

If it's around pick 5, then yes.

He's a great player but he doesn't appear to be someone who can put the team on his back and carry them but he'd absolutely excel in Freo's system.

Maybe a swap of Freo's 2nd for Richmond's third.

On its own it'd probably be enough.

Depends on what they want to do, I guess.
No it wouldn't. Maybe if he was uncontracted.

He's a great player but he doesn't appear to be someone who can put the team on his back and carry them but he'd absolutely excel in Freo's system.

They don't need him to be the bloke that carries them on his back. He's the absolute cherry on top.

Freo will win the flag next year if they get both Bolton and Baker IMO.

Collingwood have a tough run home as well. Carlton, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne.

Interesting, I think uncontracted that is probably pretty close but Richmond seem to have made it known they aren't selling so will need more. I was starting to get concerned we could trade MORE than those two best firsts for him which would start to taste a bit bitter but I think the initial feeling that those picks are appropriate level of overs is pretty spot on.

The further Port and Pies fall, probably the more cap we can get chucked in and a nice later pick to take to the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back