Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we can beg to differ

I dont see the 3 picks you have as they stand getting the deal done for Bolton
That’s because you are an idiot. Three first round picks for any player in the wooden spoon team would be a massive start the car moment. It could actually reverse the Dimma leaving gift of Taranto & Hopper.

Am I getting worked up? Fair from it. I would love to see Freo won a flag vs a non Vic side.

Hell I have no issues if 2 non Vic sides made this year's grand final . LoL 😆
I would actually prefer a non vic team winning the flag so you wont get an argument from me here
Richmond is the only Vic team i want winning flags ;)

That’s because you are an idiot. Three first round picks for any player in the wooden spoon team would be a massive start the car moment. It could actually reverse the Dimma leaving gift of Taranto & Hopper.
Idiot is harsh

TBF its very hard to be completely objective in that scenario

They know just how good Shai can be and part of being a fan is this hope that the club can turn it around quickly and jump back up but from an outsiders perspective, there are just too many holes in that list that need filling and unfortunately its all around the park.

Its reasonable for outsiders to say they should cut ties and kickstart the rebuild but fans of Richmond have developed a relationship with these players, its very hard to look at them as just cattle or pawns in the Trade market.

Idiot is harsh

They know just how good Shai can be and part of being a fan is this hope that the club can turn it around quickly and jump back up but from an outsiders perspective, there are just too many holes in that list that need filling and unfortunately its all around the park.

Its reasonable for outsiders to say they should cut ties and kickstart the rebuild but fans of Richmond have developed a relationship with these players, its very hard to look at them as just cattle or pawns in the Trade market.
Yes alot of Collingwood supporters were called delusional idiots in 2021 before winning the premiership 2023

Richmond have Taranto , Hopper , Balta , Baker , Vlastuin , Rioli , Lynch , Broad , Bolton , Nankervis currently on the list
also another 10-15 kids that other clubs supporters just dont see enough and dont really know what they will become which have 1-3 years in the system that are now starting to get games.
Add another 5 kids inside 40 this year.

Richmond wont be North Melbourne

Yes alot of Collingwood supporters were called delusional idiots in 2021 before winning the premiership 2023

Richmond have Taranto , Hopper , Balta , Baker , Vlastuin , Rioli , Lynch , Broad , Bolton , Nankervis currently on the list
also another 10-15 kids that other clubs supporters just dont see enough and dont really know what they will become which have 1-3 years in the system that are now starting to get games.
Add another 5 kids inside 40 this year.

Richmond wont be North Melbourne
Yeah, if you rebuild well you'll rebound like the other non academy and F/S and teams such as Richmond from 2006, Carlton since 2013, Hawks and Freo from about 2016/17.

Yeah, if you rebuild well you'll rebound like the other non academy and F/S and teams such as Richmond from 2006, Carlton since 2013, Hawks and Freo from about 2016/17.
Like i said there are more tools these days compared to 2006

But selling your top players with 5/6+ years is not a great way to do this as well
You mentioned Carlton , They traded out players to get picks to burn these picks and players like 2E are still running around
Betts was let go when he was a cultural player just to save $50k

Draft picks unless top 3 /5 are very hit miss
I didnt want to post this quote but think its appropriate drom the Richmond board
If he’s traded it’ll be pick 12-16. Could be Corey Ellis, Ben Lennon, Lachie O’Brien or some other useless spud. Could also be Cripps or Butters. So don’t think for a second not trading one of our best players who is only 26yo is somehow gonna be some form of major problem for our future.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again … there’s a reason teams don’t proactively trade out quality players…. ever.

Here’s why …. look at the percentage of players that reach each game milestone:

50-games: 31%. Yes, less than one in three players get to 50.

100: 18%

150: 9.1%

200: 4.5%

250: 1.9%

300: 0.67%

The average number of games played by a draftee from 11-20 is 118. The average number of Brownlow votes is 16.6.

For picks 11-20, only 38% play 140+ games. 47% do NOT get to 80-games. The average number of years taken to reach 50-games is 5-years.

Average number of picks needed between 11-20 to get an AA player is 5.7.

Average number of picks between 11-20 to get someone who plays under 10-games is 6.3.

So with a pick between 11-20 for Baker we are about the same odds of getting a sub 10-game player as we are someone who makes an AA team in their career. In average, we’d need 6 x picks between 11-20 to get 1 x AA player.

This is why quality players are not proactively traded out.

Now I’m of the opinion losing Baker for a quality pick is not a bad result. And retaining him is not a bad result either. But I’m more supportive of trading Rioli (if he wants to leave) who’s 15-months older, and someone we’d be more likely to get big overs in a trade as he’s contracted and GC have huge draft assets. For Baker we will get relative market value.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well he did sign a long term deal and if he has offers then great they will have to find the required assets to get him there
I cant see how Fremantle can manufacture that to happen.

Brown does look very good and we do have 5-8 kids that most oppo supporters wouldnt have even heard of that are just starting out and have shown great signs but just too early and we will get another 5-6 kids inside 30 this year

Richmond wont be like north and will bounce quicker 3-4 years so Bolton is the right age to see this through

* Lets just assume Freo have convinced him to move , How does freo get the assets required to get this done

How will you have 5-6 picks under pick 30 at the end of the year?

What do you mean by bounce in 3-4 years?

Let me ask you a genuine question

How would you feel about that deal if we replace the name bolton with Brayshaw ?

Would you do that deal and "Pay the of his salary ? specially with cap trades coming in ?
We are going to be able to buy picks with cap space soon why would we give up 1 of our best players and pay part of his salary
he's no Brayshaw

I would actually prefer a non vic team winning the flag so you wont get an argument from me here
Richmond is the only Vic team i want winning flags ;)
Of course you do.

But to Be Burtally honest of the 3 grand finals Richmond was involved in.

2017: I usually barrack for the non vic side. But some crows fans were unbearable bragging about being undefeated in grand finals. I hated the crows stance and news about Dustin Martins father shoved down my throat on a daily basis. Only sided with richmond as I wanted a drought broken.

2019: GWS vs Richmond. I wanted GWS to win, even though there was a 10-20 percent chance of happening after GWS had a gruelling semi final vs Brisbane and that prelim vs Collingwood at the MCG. That meant GWS would of won a flag before The dockers, I wouldnt of cared. Richmond had the game won by half time. Alex Rance sadly did his knee in round 1. He could of been on the team sheet and spend the whole game on the bench in that grand final. the outcome was inevitable.

2020: Richmond vs Cats. I didnt care who won. I prefered Richmond to win in that 2020 grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's no Brayshaw

no offence

But there are 20 brayshaws in the afl, actually closer to 50 in playing style and impact

Brayshaw is a minimal impact accumulator, who doesn't kick goals, do you realise that Shai actually averages more centre clearances than him over his career

There is only one Shai

Do not get it twisted

Let me ask you a genuine question

How would you feel about that deal if we replace the name bolton with Brayshaw ?

Would you do that deal and "Pay the of his salary ? specially with cap trades coming in ?
We are going to be able to buy picks with cap space soon why would we give up 1 of our best players and pay part of his salary
Bolton is a cream player with an AA
Brayshaw is MVP Bnf winner (top 3 4 years running) younger and a plug in and play skipper material.
Chalk and cheese

MVP ?

MVP of what ?
Andrew Brayshaw is the best player in the league according to his peers, with the AFL playing cohort voting him in as the winner of the AFL Players' Association Most Valuable Player. The 22-year-old is the fourth youngest winner of the Leigh Matthews Trophyand the youngest since Nick Riewoldt in 2004.24 Aug 2022

Andrew Brayshaw is the best player in the league according to his peers, with the AFL playing cohort voting him in as the winner of the AFL Players' Association Most Valuable Player. The 22-year-old is the fourth youngest winner of the Leigh Matthews Trophyand the youngest since Nick Riewoldt in 2004.24 Aug 2022

Players association , means nothing

he is the same as another 20 vanilla low impact , non goal kicking midfielders

Idiot is harsh

The whole thing only works if Bolton wants out. You never try and offload someone who wants to stay unless they are bringing the club down.

I watched his game on the weekend and it was a very good audition until he got to 4 goals and seem to try everything for his 5th rather than doing the team things. Players seem to get traded to teams they player really well against, Rory Lobb and Bulldogs being an example. I use to think it was due to their performance, why the new team wanted them but maybe the performance is due to the knowledge they are interested so playing well gets you a new contract & trade. Things seem to occur a long way in advance these days.

Obviously it can all be a coincidence too and they just happen to play well that game.

Both clubs hold what the other club needs.
Who’s the more needy here?
Fremantle could sure use Bolton, but he’s not the only fish in the sea and with their bounty of draft picks, they can pursue other options.
Richmond need draft picks, and they need them now with Tassie on the horizon.
They can hold Bolton for sure, but what does it really achieve for both club and player.
I think the Tigers have to get active here.
Ridiculous demands won’t help their cause as Freo always have the option of exploring other avenues.
Richmond should and would be well compensated by Fremantle, but in their current circumstances, it’s in their best interests to forget the bravado and accept the reality …

Think we’ll try for Warner first, and if the swans dig in will offer a combo of the highest and lowest firsts for Shai and something back.

Then just look towards the draft, and moving picks into next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back