Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

We absolutely need 25 year old elite talent...

Freo would want him more than we would want to lose him. It's up to them to make an offer too good to refuse. We're not having a fire sale...

Freo have the flexibility to offer whatever they want to whoever they want.
Freo have multiple options.
Richmond needs draft picks, if Bolton is interested in Freo, the Tigers have the choice of accepting a reasonable offer or keeping him which is of little benefit to both club and player.
Two examples to ponder :
Essendon : Ballsed up the Daniher situation.
North : Accepted the reality of the JHF situation and acted accordingly.
Accepting reality and making the best of the situation is always the best play …

Now it's just the definition of overpay.

I think a lot of us feel that an inside 10 + a second R1 pick is the overpay, and are ok with that. That's what we have and can give. That's the Jackson price.

Still need to take a first round pick ourselves either this or next year, so need to keep something.
Yeah and that part will be filled with differing opinions.

I personally think he is worth a top 5 pick plus a teens pick.
Your opinion is not too dissimilar.

I would be 100% confident it lands somewhere circa the above.

Richmond needs draft picks, if Bolton is interested in Freo, the Tigers have the choice of accepting a reasonable offer or keeping him which is of little benefit to both club and player.
Two examples to ponder :
Accepting reality and making the best of the situation is always the best play …
it's what we've done all the way through the post-Lyon rebuild.

Could have held Schultz, have Simpson and a juicy first rounder instead.
Could have held Hill, got Serong instead.

Two examples to ponder :
That is just dramatic shit talk. If that were the case, every non contending team would look to trade their good players.

Bolton is a cream player with an AA
Brayshaw is MVP Bnf winner (top 3 4 years running) younger and a plug in and play skipper material.
Chalk and cheese
Brayshaw is a very very good player but he is a mid , just a mid and only a mid
you find them in every draft up or down a level or there abouts

You dont find your Shai Bolton , Michael Walters , Dustin Martin types very often they are game breakers stars
the players that tear the opposition to shreds in 1 quarter

They are the X factor champions

Brayshaw is no Shai Bolton

Yeah and that part will be filled with differing opinions.

I personally think he is worth a top 5 pick plus a teens pick.
Your opinion is not too dissimilar.

I would be 100% confident it lands somewhere circa the above.
May end up with the best and worst firsts, plus the saints second, for some later second and thirds.

That saints second could be valuable for upgrading some of your first rounders.

May end up with the best and worst firsts, plus the saints second, for some later second and thirds.

That saints second could be valuable for upgrading some of your first rounders.
yeah you just know it wouldnt be as simple we all suggest.

We have heaps of picks, no doubt any trades we do, we will look at potential packaging of picks for further trading.

Or Freo supporters need to stop this infatuation with Richmond players ;)
Yeah

Season 2 Chocolate With Nuts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Freo hold the currency (and lots of it) that the Tigers desperately need.
That currency affords Freo options.
When the music stops, the Tigers don’t want to be left without a chair …
LOl Carlton had how many draft picks in the last 30 years

How did the rebuilds of Murphy , Gibbs , kreuzer , judd etc finish up ?
You keep your high end talent and build around them

Both clubs hold what the other club needs.
Who’s the more needy here?
Fremantle could sure use Bolton, but he’s not the only fish in the sea and with their bounty of draft picks, they can pursue other options.
Richmond need draft picks, and they need them now with Tassie on the horizon.
They can hold Bolton for sure, but what does it really achieve for both club and player.
I think the Tigers have to get active here.
Ridiculous demands won’t help their cause as Freo always have the option of exploring other avenues.
Richmond should and would be well compensated by Fremantle, but in their current circumstances, it’s in their best interests to forget the bravado and accept the reality …

like who?

Who moves the dial for freo more than Shai ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two examples to ponder :
Who are these multiple options on the same level or better than Bolton? Other than Warner who I doubt leaves.

Sorry but you just don't accept 'reasonable offers' for your best player who's only 25 and contracted for 5 years. You may accept offers too good to refuse.

Keeping him is of little benefit? Yeah gotta hate those prime age match winning forward/mids 🤔

Daniher is a terrible example as they lost him the very next year as a free agent, thus receiving alot less than they would have via trade the year before. Bolton isn't close to being a free agent and his trade value next year will be much the same.

North is a terrible example too. They completely mismanaged JHF and he hated the club. Not quite the same as a 2 time premiership hero there...

Brayshaw is a very very good player but he is a mid , just a mid and only a mid
you find them in every draft up or down a level or there abouts

You dont find your Shai Bolton , Michael Walters , Dustin Martin types very often they are game breakers stars
the players that tear the opposition to shreds in 1 quarter

They are the X factor champions

Brayshaw is no Shai Bolton
Agree with this, Brayshaw is the cake, but that only gets you so far, when ready, you have to add the icing.

That’s why he averages 7.5 score inv and Bolton averages 5.5 and double the score launches
He’s one of the best two way running mids around
Not only does he set up scores but his averaging over double the tackles and double the pressure acts of Bolton.
Go look at the past winners of the Brownlow AFLCA and MVP and decide the worth of each

I will make a list of mids that can do Brayshaws job as well as him, and I will wait for you to tell me a player that would move the dial for freo more than Shai

Heeney
Bont
Gulden
Patracca
Warner
JHF
Walsh
Butters
Merrett
Treloar
Daicos
Coniglio
Cripps
Young
Serong
Anderson
Neale
Kelly
MCC

I will stop here

Any one of the above can do the job as well as Brayshaw or better

Then hold him.
I’m sure Freo won’t be short of suitors for their picks with Tassie on the horizon …
Thank you Carlton supporter although I would have expected you guys of all people to know that draft picks are a massive lottery.

Richmond could easily keep Bolton for another 3 years and still get a top 10 pick for him
Why trade him now just to get an extra pick around 15

just crazy list management when you need players like Bolton at a time when we are about to become 1 of the youngest teams. We all seen what happened to North getting rid of all the mid-later age players

Thank you Carlton supporter although I would have expected you guys of all people to know that draft picks are a massive lottery.
I already posted the odds of draft picks above .

After pick 5 its a massive lottery
3 picks 10-20 you would have to be extremely lucky to find a player shai bolton quality that will play 150 games
that shai still has in him.

Keep another 3 years then trade him if we are still no good and get a top 10
simple let freo make finals only to do a stkilda and become a 2-4 side

Two examples to ponder :
No doubt.
Richmond has shown in the past that if a player wants to go we will trade them.
Apparently Bolton does love living in Melbourne.

I will make a list of mids that can do Brayshaws job as well as him, and I will wait for you to tell me a player that would move the dial for freo more than Shai

Heeney
Bont
Gulden
Patracca
Warner
JHF

Walsh
Butters
Merrett
Treloar
Daicos
Coniglio
Cripps
Young
Serong
Anderson
Neale
Kelly
MCC

I will stop here

Any one of the above can do the job as well as Brayshaw or better
Have bolded. Some of the others I left out due to age.

We already have Young and Serong, so that was weird.

Bolton is the end piece. The player at the end of the chain to finish the good works of everyone up the field.

Any one of those bolded improve the overrall performance of the side as much, if not more than Bolton.

If Bolton adds 2 goals/game, those "run of the mill mids" will improve the rest of the forwardlines output by more.

I'd love Bolton, don't get me wrong, but not at any cost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back