Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, Fyfe and JOM retiring soon. Warner would be great. Bolton would be nice.

But kinda like your mob trying drooling over Harley, it's nice to dream, huh?
All the Vic clubs can dream about getting Harley because it's a legit possibility, not saying Richmond will get him but I think at some stage he is going to come back to Victoria.

What I find funny is months ago on the Freo board a lot of Freo fans were like "Why aren't we making a play for Shai Bolton" than when there are actually rumors floating around you guys are like "Nah he is selfish" "overrated"

All the Vic clubs can dream about getting Harley because it's a legit possibility, not saying Richmond will get him but I think at some stage he is going to come back to Victoria.

What I find funny is months ago on the Freo board a lot of Freo fans were like "Why aren't we making a play for Shai Bolton" than when there are actually rumors floating around you guys are like "Nah he is selfish" "overrated"
Those same posters haven’t changed their opinion.

Months ago when it was brought up, he had shown no indication of returning home, and with a long contract wasn’t even worth entertaining.

Then mid season, it came out that he’d consider coming home. Maybe in 2025. But that’s enough for people and media to latch onto, and Freo have the currency this year, that they may not have next year.

Those same posters haven’t changed their opinion.

Months ago when it was brought up, he had shown no indication of returning home, and with a long contract wasn’t even worth entertaining.

Then mid season, it came out that he’d consider coming home. Maybe in 2025. But that’s enough for people and media to latch onto, and Freo have the currency this year, that they may not have next year.
Will be interesting if Freo trade into next years rd 1. If they do, I reckon the Warner trade will gather momentum.

If you guys got really crafty, you could land Shai and Warner in consecutive years.

Balta (25)
Bolton (26)
Taranto (26)
Hopper (27)
Lynch (32)
Vlaustin (30)
Nankervis (30)
Rioli (27)
Short (28)
Gibcus (21)
Brown (21)

The above list is proving my point, 2 players under the age of 25 on the entire list you think you can build your core around. 1 of them coming off an ACL and a 12 month hamstring tendon the year before.

To further prove my point: Lambert, Grimes, Astbury, Caddy, Prestia were all in the Rioli/Hopper age range 5 years ago at Richmond. Rance and Cotchin were younger than Vlaustin and Riewoldt, Houli and Edwards were younger than Lynch.

The majority of that list will be gone or washed in 3-4 seasons.

North 5 years ago:

Cunnington & Ziebell - Same age as Hopper and Rioli. According to AFL ratings, Cunnington was well ahead of 2024 Tim Taranto. Where are they both now?

Ben Brown was the same age as Dan Rioli and had just kicked 67 goals for the season.

Robbie Tarrant was the same age as Nick Vlausin.

Shaun Higgins was 9 months older than Nick Vlaustin and had just been named AA.

Scott Thompson was the same age as Tom Lynch.

Todd Goldstein was the same age as Toby Nankervis - Has Toby got the same amount of games in him as one of the most durable ruckman to play the game? TG was averaging 17 disposals and 40 hitouts a game then as well and thr #3 ranked ruckman in the comp.

As you stated, North also had the following:

Cam Zurhaar (21) (who kicked almost 30 goals for the season at 1.4 goals per game)
Nick Larkey (21) (1.5 goals per game)
Ben McKay (22)
Jy Simpkin (21) - 19 touches, 3.9 clearances per game.
LDU (20) - 15 disposals and 4 clearances a game.
Tarryn Thomas (19)
Bailey Scott (19)

As you stated, even then North had one of the worst runs of the last few decades and who is Richmonds equivalent younger players?

You are also misunderstanding me, my original post was a supportive one of your position, It just depends if your club truly embraces the rebuild it needs to have.

You are way closer to West Coast than you are Geelong (Wells has jagged his usual 3-4 quality players with later picks and fleeced Gold Coast for top picks multiple times, they also had the Tim Kelly deal) in terms of rebuilding on the run at the moment. Your club just needs to accept it and really hit the draft hard, which you have the ability to do with some well placed free agents and senior players with genuine value. Not a lot of bottom clubs have that.
Well for starters Cunnington turned 28 5 years ago, Hopper turned 27 this year and unfortunately Cunnington was absolutely cooked, he only played 29 games in his last 4 years.
Ziebell was poor for quite a few years before he retired, and also a year older than Rioli 5 years ago.
Ben Brown kicked 8 goals 5 seasons ago, in his final year for North.
Tarrant was 31 5 years ago, a year older than Vlastuin is and nowhere near the player Vlastuin is now. Missed a lot through injury.
You shipped Higgins off...
Scott Thompsons final year. Lynch will be around for a couple yet.
I mentioned Goldstein...
Bailey Scott meh. If you're including him, we might as well include Ben Miller, MRJ, Sonsie, Jack Graham, Jack Ross etc etc.

The point is North cut right back and re-built from the bottom. We won't be doing that. And the point still remains that the bottom end was as bad as it gets.

Back to the original point - You don't ship off young, high end KPPs when rebuilding. That's nonsense.

Good little player , round abouts Baker level of a bit injury prone but you and your dopey mates carrying on like … who
???

Could be that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
LOl you compare the 2 players and calling us dopey let us know when there are multiple clubs offering $900k for his services

>>>> asylum

Bolton seems to be checked out, you’d think if Richmond don’t turn a corner this year or next he’ll ask out.

Biggest issue for Freo is the coin he’s on.
Incorrect
Teams can easily find and restructure contracts to fit players into the side
The biggest problem for freo is finding a top #3 pick to get the deal done

LOL They actually believe talking down the player actually has some influence in his actual trade value
Its actually very funny. And it happens on all boards but when trades come through and completed all of a sudden BANG
Devastation kicks in.

Saad / CCJ threads just for reference guys >>>>>>>

LOL They actually believe talking down the player actually has some influence in his actual trade value
Its actually very funny. And it happens on all boards but when trades come through and completed all of a sudden BANG
Devastation kicks in.

Saad / CCJ threads just for reference guys >>>>>>>

About as much influence as talking a player up I reckon?

You are aware we can take a peek at the Richmond board and see the way many of your supporters speak about Bolton?

You are aware we can take a peek at the Richmond board and see the way many of your supporters speak about Bolton?
Stay Out Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

LOL cool go have a look at the Rance thread from years ago while you are there

You get shit canning supporters on all boards and dreamers as well

But the beauty about the threads i mentioned is the beautiful melts from dreamer supporters that thought they would get bargains then reality hits

Back to the Bolton thing
Top 3 pick now go find it and we can talk

Attention: Thread closure pending.

My apologies for wasting everyone's time but I have decided to take a different path and Shai wont be traded under any circumstances.

All the best.

Mods, you can close this thread now.

Last edited:
You are correct
Shai has 2 premiership medals around his neck
Do you see Shai Bolton having a 3rd one at richmond anytime soon? Unlikely.

Do you see Shai Bolton having a 3rd premiership medal at richmond by the time he reitres? Always a possibility.

I dont know the full list of your playing squad.

Guys like Riewoldt and Cotchin retired. Dustin Martin is near the end of his career too.

The point is, Richmond fans think an out of contract Liam Baker is worth an early 1st rounder. Freo could offer All 3 2024 1st round picks this season and the 2025 1st rounder for Shai Bolton and Richmond fans still wont do the trade.

Shai Bolton turns 26 in december this season. Do you see Shai Bolton playing finals at Richmond as a 30 or 31 or 32 year old? Because this is what is likely to happen.

Richmond didnt play finals in 2023.

Richmond has a lot of picks in this 2024 draft. I know they will have at least 3 picks in the top 30.

Those 18-20 year old guys taken with those 2024 picks will be on the list in 2025. By 2028, those 18-20 year olds will be 22-24 year olds with 50-80 games under the belt. Shai Bolton will be 30 in december of 2028.

Ask your self this question.... Do you see Richmond turning this situation around very quickly?

I look at West coasts rebuild as an example. They havent played finals in 2021-23 and dead certain not to play finals in 2024. Tim Kelly turns 30 years old on July 26 this year. I can see Tim Kelly Playing finals at west coast as a 32 or 33 or even as a 34 year old. Him drafted as a 22 or 23 year old to the cats in tha 2017 draft might of been a blessing in disguise with all the travel the WA clubs do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOl you compare the 2 players and calling us dopey let us know when there are multiple clubs offering $900k for his services[/

Why carry on like …. who ???

Put more heat on your half backs the other night than all your famous premiership players combined, including the mighty Liam Baker who “ never plays a bad game * “

* except the last 4 x I’ve watched him

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Again.... Did your side beat an opponent as imposing as the 2013 hawks that had 19 wins and 3 losses in the regular season?

Let's see those 3 grand final sides you beat.

2017 : Richmond had the crows. Top of the ladder with that imposing 15 wins, 6 losses and a draw. Very bad a** team.

2019: Richmond faced GWS. Finished 5th or 6th. Faced 3 sides. Dogs at home, Brisbane in Brisbane and magpies at the MCG. Richmond had 7 games at the MCG before the 2019 finals series.

2020 cats at the Gabba. Cats smacked Brisbane at the Gabba in the preliminary final. Closest as you could get to a 50-50 even game. Tigers were narrow favourites.

So yeah.... I guess that answers the question then!
Our crappy 2013 team belted Hawthorn. So imposing 😂😂😂

Our crappy 2013 team belted Hawthorn. So imposing 😂😂😂
Well did you make the grand final in 2013 vs the hawks? Had the tigers done that, probably walk into the grand final vs the hawks as favourites.

Eagles won the flag in 2006. Freo beat them twice that season one was a win by under a goal with the game winning goal with a minute left. The other one was a 57 point win.

Yes alot of Collingwood supporters were called delusional idiots in 2021 before winning the premiership 2023 Richmond have Taranto , Hopper , Balta , Baker , Vlastuin , Rioli , Lynch , Broad , Bolton , Nankervis currently on the list also another 10-15 kids that other clubs supporters just dont see enough and dont really know what they will become which have 1-3 years in the system that are now starting to get games. Add another 5 kids inside 40 this year. Richmond wont be North Melbourne

North Melbournes rebuild of 2020-24 was a bit flawed. Yeah they culled a lot of experienced players in 2021. I think they should of kept a couple of players for 2022.

So Richmond has 4 picks in the top 40.

So... I ask the question again... You think this will be a quick turnaround?

It's 2024. Those 18-20 year old draftees in 2024 will be 22-24 Years old at the end of 2028.

North Melbournes rebuild of 2020-24 was a bit flawed. Yeah they culled a lot of experienced players in 2021. I think they should of kept a couple of players for 2022.

So Richmond has 4 picks in the top 40.

So... I ask the question again... You think this will be a quick turnaround?

It's 2024. Those 18-20 year old draftees in 2024 will be 22-24 Years old at the end of 2028.
We will have 5 picks inside 40 with 1 inside top 2 another inside 15/16 another inside 30 possibly 2 and last inside 30
We also have 5 kids from 3 years ago that were all inside 30 that are now getting games (apart from the 2 with knee injuries)

I think by 2028 we will be competing for finals at the very least

Do you see Shai Bolton having a 3rd one at richmond anytime soon? Unlikely.

Do you see Shai Bolton having a 3rd premiership medal at richmond by the time he reitres? Always a possibility.

I dont know the full list of your playing squad.

Guys like Riewoldt and Cotchin retired. Dustin Martin is near the end of his career too.

The point is, Richmond fans think an out of contract Liam Baker is worth an early 1st rounder. Freo could offer All 3 2024 1st round picks this season and the 2025 1st rounder for Shai Bolton and Richmond fans still wont do the trade.

Shai Bolton turns 26 in december this season. Do you see Shai Bolton playing finals at Richmond as a 30 or 31 or 32 year old? Because this is what is likely to happen.

Richmond didnt play finals in 2023.

Richmond has a lot of picks in this 2024 draft. I know they will have at least 3 picks in the top 30.

Those 18-20 year old guys taken with those 2024 picks will be on the list in 2025. By 2028, those 18-20 year olds will be 22-24 year olds with 50-80 games under the belt. Shai Bolton will be 30 in december of 2028.

Ask your self this question.... Do you see Richmond turning this situation around very quickly?

I look at West coasts rebuild as an example. They havent played finals in 2021-23 and dead certain not to play finals in 2024. Tim Kelly turns 30 years old on July 26 this year. I can see Tim Kelly Playing finals at west coast as a 32 or 33 or even as a 34 year old. Him drafted as a 22 or 23 year old to the cats in tha 2017 draft might of been a blessing in disguise with all the travel the WA clubs do.

You guys are really making this harder than what it should be

If Shai wants to leave and go to Freo , Best of luck to him
Get us a top 3 pick or it doesnt happen - simple

Now if you dont think all your picks cant get a pick 3 from Eagles/North then they are not worth the trade for Bolton
Its simple

Richmond are in a pretty good spot contractually in list management terms at the moment. Much better than the Eagles were with some of their senior players as a comparison.

If Baker was a FA, it would probably be a VERY strong position. They will still get some decent picks this year for Baker.

They have the potential to bounce back quicker than others, for a more sustained period, they have a chance to blow right by West Coast imo, even with Reid and maybe a Smillie this year.

But next year and maybe the year after is where it opens up and the decision to really rebuild probably starts.

I think Balta probably goes as a RFA in 2025 (and Richmond would be wise to let him), netting them a top 3 pick.

They will probably trade Bolton at this point too imo. Again 2 x R1 picks likely the result there.

Hit 2025 with 4 x R1 picks, maybe even more if Baker results in some sort of F1.
are you serious?

So tigers gonna get the eagles 2025 1st round pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back