Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you see Shai Bolton having a 3rd one at richmond anytime soon? Unlikely.

Do you see Shai Bolton having a 3rd premiership medal at richmond by the time he reitres? Always a possibility.

I dont know the full list of your playing squad.

Guys like Riewoldt and Cotchin retired. Dustin Martin is near the end of his career too.

The point is, Richmond fans think an out of contract Liam Baker is worth an early 1st rounder. Freo could offer All 3 2024 1st round picks this season and the 2025 1st rounder for Shai Bolton and Richmond fans still wont do the trade.

Shai Bolton turns 26 in december this season. Do you see Shai Bolton playing finals at Richmond as a 30 or 31 or 32 year old? Because this is what is likely to happen.

Richmond didnt play finals in 2023.

Richmond has a lot of picks in this 2024 draft. I know they will have at least 3 picks in the top 30.

Those 18-20 year old guys taken with those 2024 picks will be on the list in 2025. By 2028, those 18-20 year olds will be 22-24 year olds with 50-80 games under the belt. Shai Bolton will be 30 in december of 2028.

Ask your self this question.... Do you see Richmond turning this situation around very quickly?

I look at West coasts rebuild as an example. They havent played finals in 2021-23 and dead certain not to play finals in 2024. Tim Kelly turns 30 years old on July 26 this year. I can see Tim Kelly Playing finals at west coast as a 32 or 33 or even as a 34 year old. Him drafted as a 22 or 23 year old to the cats in tha 2017 draft might of been a blessing in disguise with all the travel the WA clubs do.
I'd happily trade Bolton, I think he's a game changer that could take a side like Freo to the next level, but he's not the guy we need to build around at his age.

The point is though because of our leverage with his long contract, it must be for well overs. 2 picks in the teens wouldn't cut it, why would we bother.

3x1sts?
Magazine Everyone GIF
whilst that does seem fanciful, its important to know where those picks sit. 3 x picks in the teens is very different to a top 10 pick, low teens and late teens pick.

whilst that does seem fanciful, its important to know where those picks sit. 3 x picks in the teens is very different to a top 10 pick, low teens and late teens pick.
Even Jeremy Cameron didn't go for that much

There would be a couple seconds coming back our way (like Jez) or you guys paying a good chunk of his contract to essentially buy the third pick

Even Jeremy Cameron didn't go for that much

There would be a couple seconds coming back our way (like Jez) or you guys paying a good chunk of his contract to essentially buy the third pick
Again, it depends where those picks sit.

A top 10 pick and a teens pick, IMO gets it done. If its only teens picks, then it takes 3 IMO. He is contracted for the long term, rightly or wrongly, the trade wont be in Freos favor and you will need to pay overs.

Probably best if Bolton honours his long term contract and remains at Richmond as the centrepiece of their rebuild.
Fremantle likely all in on Warner who is only contracted for next season and would be a sensational replacement for the ageing Fyfe/O’Meara.
There’s a good chance the Pies/Port picks will be top 10 picks which along with Freo’s natural first this year, the Saints second rounder and their future first rounder gives them plenty of bait to bring Sydney to the table.
Everyone’s a winner 👍

Call me crazy, but when it was suggested that Baker would go for unders due to being uncontracted, certain Richmond supporters were saying "uncontracted or contracted, it doesn't matter".

Now same supporters are saying Bolton will have to get "massive overs due to being contracted".

Fair enough.

Well if the Tigers take a hit on Baker, probably best to keep Bolton for their rebuild …

I think the Tigers will look at this next year. If the Tigers were to lose Baker, Bolton and Dusty this year, then I think they will win back-to-back spoons.

Richmond at the bottom of the ladder might be a sign nature is healing.

Call me crazy, but when it was suggested that Baker would go for unders due to being uncontracted, certain Richmond supporters were saying "uncontracted or contracted, it doesn't matter".

Now same supporters are saying Bolton will have to get "massive overs due to being contracted".

Fair enough.
2 points,

Being contracted makes it much harder to get a trade done than being uncontracted so overs more likely.

Being contracted still requires a trade to be agreed upon and more likely fair value. The issue isnt your point, the issue is the supporter bases not agreeing on fair value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go and have a look at the Baker thread.

When it was mentioned Baker wasn't contracted and Richmond didn't have much bargaining power, it was raised several times.
Its only supporters that trot out this wanky line, its not the reality.

So it's the reality when Baker is uncontracted but not when Bolton is contracted?

Ok.
You are not very bright are you?

Tigers have all the power with Bolton and some of the power with baker. Its not like Baker can do a trade or force a trade. We could say no to a shit trade, and force him to risk the draft. Players, clubs and managers, 99% of the time try to do the right thing which generally means fair value, not robbery.

I understand you dont like it, but your lack of desire to, feels like a you problem.

Tigers have all the power with Bolton and some of the power with baker. Its not like Baker can do a trade or force a trade. We could say no to a shit trade, and force him to risk the draft. Players, clubs and managers, 99% of the time try to do the right thing which generally means fair value, not robbery.

I understand you dont like it, but your lack of desire to, feels like a you problem.
The only way West Coast could possibly push Baker through the draft is if Freo agreed not to take him with one of their later firsts, and I doubt they'd want to do them any favours.

Obviously I'm not.

Richmond have all of the power in every trade.
Regardless of contract status.

Thanks for pointing it out:thumbsu:

The only way West Coast could possibly push Bolton through the draft is if Freo agreed not to take him with one of their later firsts, and I doubt they'd want to do them any favours.
Bolton is contracted, the above isnt even an option.

Think it also comes down to the list manager.

If Dodo or SOS were involved, no way this happens. Don't think we'd even bother.

Seems a lot of the new crew of list managers are pretty pragmatic and practical though.

Think it also comes down to the list manager.

If Dodo or SOS were involved, no way this happens. Don't think we'd even bother.

Seems a lot of the new crew of list managers are pretty pragmatic and practical though.
Agree mate, and they have to be IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back