Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

You will have to pay overs; he is under contract. lol Richmond is in a position where they need high end talent if the picks are late first rounders it won't get it done.
Yeah we are gonna have to pay overs, likely in the form of 2 first round picks (whether that's 9 and 10 or 9 and 17 will likely depend on something coming back or money paid)

What my post was saying is Richmond are the only ones blocking this, it'll only be if they request something ridiculous that stops it

West coast won't enter the race for Shai but they should be cheering it on

Our cap being used would open the door for chad to them next year
If we've been working on Chad for several years, I don't believe we blow it up for Bolton.

Reckon we'd still be all over Chad next year. I think this just tells you it ain't happening this year.

Let’s all hope Port get fustigated in straight sets.
Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

If Sydney don't want to move him this year he is worth far less next year where Freo have another two first round picks to use.

If they want to do it now, we could 9 and Port 1st for Bolton, 10 and a future first for Warner. Easy peasy…I’m an accommodating man

We're losing Baker and Graham. Not sure we'll be keen to lose both Shai and Rioli as well.

Gold Coast's pick 5 is on the table for Daniel. We will want pick 3 and a late first or early second to trade Shai.

9, 10, 17 to West Coast for 3 and 23. 3 and 23 for Shai and 33.

Over to you, Freo.

Yeah who knows.
It seems Bolton has been convinced by the WA club they can get a deal done and will pony up to satisfy Richmond. Otherwise he wouldn’t have informed the Tigers this soon. If it’s Freo they would be expecting to pay more than fair price with him being contracted. And further overs if they want us to provide some cap relief.

Richmond would be more than happy to give options for both scenarios you’d think, but it’s really up to the WA club to satisfy the club because he’s contracted.

From an optics perspective two firsts would be suitable for Freo for their simplistic fans to feel like they have got some value in the trade. But another pick on top of that for Richmond to pay a large proportion of his salary would make the most commercial sense. And this may enrage some fans who don’t understand the workings of list management.
I think it is an interesting situation where there actually is a little bit of pressure on Richmond to sell their contracted player this year. 1. It is rare that teams have multiple first round picks available especially when the trade is a go-home-factor one with just two WA sides.
Secondly, the entry of Tassie pushing all picks back for a 3 year period.

Will result in a trade that ends up fairer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apparently Bolton's manager has come out and said no trade as been requested. I have no idea what is going on. The drama and suspense is killing me

Yeah we are gonna have to pay overs, likely in the form of 2 first round picks (whether that's 9 and 10 or 9 and 17 will likely depend on something coming back or money paid)

What my post was saying is Richmond are the only ones blocking this, it'll only be if they request something ridiculous that stops it

Or 9 and future 1st. Freo can back themselves to be top 4 next year, Richmond spread the picks out.

You take the sure thing though

Chad is a maybe, Shai has actually requested the trade
Nah, you can't be backing out of stuff like that. Especially not given what's been talked about in the media re: agents.

You find a way to fit Bolton in around Chad.

apparently Bolton's manager has come out and said no trade as been requested. I have no idea what is going on. The drama and suspense is killing me

Yeah but he says something like "he's open to a move to Perth" as if it was the Tigers idea and he's just helping them out by considering it.

I think the way you should read it is, "I want to go, but won't officially request a trade in case the WA clubs don't pony up and/or to save face by not declaring a club in public when I am playing the go home card".

I fully expect this to happen.

Last edited:
His statement is hilarious, he's the dude who did absolutely no favours for Tim Kelly on his first trade request.

"Bolton has not requested a trade, just that he would like to play his football in WA if he can"

Like, what a dufus...

West coast won't enter the race for Shai but they should be cheering it on

Our cap being used would open the door for chad to them next year
Richmond still need to reach the cap floor.

Wouldn't surprise me if Freo pay a little overs for Richmond to take on part of his salary.

All smoke and mirrors, but you need to look at the facts before us.

Shai wants to play in Perth.
Banfield was apparently offered a 2/3 year deal but yet to sign.

Shai maintains only if a deal can be done.

Banfield still yet to sign.

It’s staring us right in the face.

Bolton traded for Banfield.

Obviously some minor shuffling of picks, but I’d say that makes up 98% of the trade.

All smoke and mirrors, but you need to look at the facts before us.

Shai wants to play in Perth.
Banfield was apparently offered a 2/3 year deal but yet to sign.

Shai maintains only if a deal can be done.

Banfield still yet to sign.

It’s staring us right in the face.

Bolton traded for Banfield.

Obviously some minor shuffling of picks, but I’d say that makes up 98% of the trade.
Richmond's trade people and Banfield are good blokes, they'll look past his free agent status right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back