Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the $ might be the decider on what the other 1st we give up is.
Yeah who knows.
It seems Bolton has been convinced by the WA club they can get a deal done and will pony up to satisfy Richmond. Otherwise he wouldn’t have informed the Tigers this soon. If it’s Freo they would be expecting to pay more than fair price with him being contracted. And further overs if they want us to provide some cap relief.

Richmond would be more than happy to give options for both scenarios you’d think, but it’s really up to the WA club to satisfy the club because he’s contracted.

From an optics perspective two firsts would be suitable for Freo for their simplistic fans to feel like they have got some value in the trade. But another pick on top of that for Richmond to pay a large proportion of his salary would make the most commercial sense. And this may enrage some fans who don’t understand the workings of list management.

It wouldn't have got this far if there wasn't an in-principle agreement from the clubs on his worth.

He was prepared to wait for next year, and even then was prepared to stay.

This is a mutually beneficial trade, and both sets of supporters will feel like they've been screwed.

Yeah who knows.
It seems Bolton has been convinced by the WA club they can get a deal done and will pony up to satisfy Richmond. Otherwise he wouldn’t have informed the Tigers this soon. If it’s Freo they would be expecting to pay more than fair price with him being contracted. And further overs if they want us to provide some cap relief.

Richmond would be more than happy to give options for both scenarios you’d think, but it’s really up to the WA club to satisfy the club because he’s contracted.

From an optics perspective two firsts would be suitable for Freo for their simplistic fans to feel like they have got some value in the trade. But another pick on top of that for Richmond to pay a large proportion of his salary would make the most commercial sense. And this may enrage some fans who don’t understand the workings of list management.

Not so sure about that, the amount of "negotiations by media" so far here sounds more to me like a manager trying to pressure Richmond.

He approached the WA clubs and his manager has been creating headlines for the media.

But what can Bolton do to make it happen for Richmond?

Yeah who knows.

Yeah agree.
Freo keen on Baker too, but I just don’t see him worth a first. Early 2nd.
That earlier first might part of Bakers a part of it too (with some later swaps etc)
Baker might choose WCE anyways

Hard to know, but it’ll be interesting.

Pick 9 and 17 gets it done, you can't really ask for more.

Hopefuly Baker nominates West Coast, don't want him at all, especially in a package deal.

That's a pretty good offer.

These are the trades where both teams win.

Brutal.

Shai is phenomenal. Some thick Richmond fans may say they are glad to be rid of him but he is a superstar, just can't get the protection in this hapless Richmond side.

I'd expect him to have a massive massive year at freo next year. Perfect Walters replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is happening

The only way it doesn't happen is if Richmond want complete overs.

Freo have shown they are willing to play ball at the trade table, we regularly lose out on deals just to get them done.

I'll be most interested in what kind of $$ we can squeeze out of the tigers in this deal.

The other thing I'm interested in is whether baker and Bolton get tied into one deal.
You will have to pay overs; he is under contract. lol Richmond is in a position where they need high end talent if the picks are late first rounders it won't get it done.

It wouldn't have got this far if there wasn't an in-principle agreement from the clubs on his worth.

He was prepared to wait for next year, and even then was prepared to stay.

This is a mutually beneficial trade, and both sets of supporters will feel like they've been screwed.

Not really similar situation with Papley a few years back had 3 years left to run on his deal and requested a trade to Carlton only.

Deal could not be reached been with us since.

Brutal.

Shai is phenomenal. Some thick Richmond fans may say they are glad to be rid of him but he is a superstar, just can't get the protection in this hapless Richmond side.

I'd expect him to have a massive massive year at freo next year. Perfect Walters replacement.

Not glad to be rid of him but we will never get a chance of getting overs for him than right now. The club seriously needs to weigh up whether we hit the draft now before Tassie come in or do we hold off and hope our list is good enough.

I think the club understands where we are really at right now.

Not really similar situation with Papley a few years back had 3 years left to run on his deal and requested a trade to Carlton only.

Deal could not be reached been with us since.

Slightly different - Sydney didn't bottom out. He has mentioned family but I can guarantee if Tigers hadn't finished bottom he wouldn't be quite so keen to leave this year. He clearly feels the dynasty is done and he has a lot left in the tank, and we desperately need a player like him

I think Freo will overpay and this will actually be a true win-win trade

Slightly different - Sydney didn't bottom out. He has mentioned family but I can guarantee if Tigers hadn't finished bottom he wouldn't be quite so keen to leave this year. He clearly feels the dynasty is done and he has a lot left in the tank, and we desperately need a player like him

I think Freo will overpay and this will actually be a true win-win trade

Yer of course Papley wanted to go home for family reasons to i think this has a better chance of getting done since your not dealing with Sos and Dodo 😅

Pick 9 and 17 gets it done, you can't really ask for more.

Hopefuly Baker nominates West Coast, don't want him at all, especially in a package deal.
I'd be surprised if that's enough to make us deal him.

One thing to keep in mind is that Ashcroft, Lombard and Battle will push those picks out to 12 and 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back