Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we are gonna have to pay overs, likely in the form of 2 first round picks (whether that's 9 and 10 or 9 and 17 will likely depend on something coming back or money paid)

What my post was saying is Richmond are the only ones blocking this, it'll only be if they request something ridiculous that stops it

I think it works for both clubs if Richmond get the lower two picks but pay a fair bit of the contract. We will have a heap of cap room over the coming years and therefore you would think effectively buying picks using cap or getting better deals using cap would work.

Also means Freo have room for more WA players as they continue to improve.

I sincerely hope Bolton gets midfield time and rolls forward at Freo rather than letting him rot at FF which has been Yze's strategy.

Tigers could have potentially 10 picks in this draft, must be a world record.
They'll get as many as possible in the top 20 and move some to next year for a lot of value on draft night. Diminishing returns on that many picks at once

No chance we're going after Warner and throw away 3 first round picks for Bolton

Think a fair trade is two of them (most likely the first and last pick with some late exchanges) and we trade off our other pick into next year to gear up for the Chad

No chance we're going after Warner and throw away 3 first round picks for Bolton

Think a fair trade is two of them (most likely the first and last pick with some late exchanges) and we trade off our other pick into next year to gear up for the Chad
The ITKs are pretty unanimous that if Chad comes, it is next year.

We'll give up 2, use the last and get Chad (if it happens) with what we have next year.

His statement is hilarious, he's the dude who did absolutely no favours for Tim Kelly on his first trade request.

"Bolton has not requested a trade, just that he would like to play his football in WA if he can"

Like, what a dufus...
The way I am reading it is players don't want to request a trade if they worried it won't get done than go back to the club with their tail between their legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm prepared for it to be the best two picks at worst, which is a gigantic price to pay for someone over 22. Doubt you could find anyone traded for that price over 25 ever before.

9 and 17 with nothing decent back is a price I think you'd struggle to get if out of contract so that's my baseline "overs". I don't think Richmond budge on the first two picks though but Freo will want something decent back with it if we miss finals

The way I am reading it is players don't want to request a trade if they worried it won't get done than go back to the club with their tail between their legs.
I think it's slightly different in that for contracts THIS long it's all just image management rubbish. They don't want to look like they're "demanding" or "forcing" a trade (even though they basically are). I'd be pretty stunned if it doesn't get done though

I think it's slightly different in that for contracts THIS long it's all just image management rubbish. They don't want to look like they're "demanding" or "forcing" a trade (even though they basically are). I'd be pretty stunned if it doesn't get done though
Also if you don't officially request a trade to one club, you can't get potted for it in the media. Even though literally everybody knows he would have a preference.

How old is he ?
25-26
2x1sts and picking up Richmond’s dumbass 1m+ contract they gave him for 3 or 4 years of his prime ?

Got disaster written all over it

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah you'd be in the top 4 right now if you had him. He is a brilliant player when your team is established, he isn't a player you build a team around though. His 2020 grand final was fantastic, however it gets over shadowed by one of the games greatest big game performers.

My personal take is he will get us 2 first rounders, some Richmond fans will feel ripped off, some Freo fans who don't know how good he really is will think they paid overs.

I'm prepared for it to be the best two picks at worst, which is a gigantic price to pay for someone over 22. Doubt you could find anyone traded for that price over 25 ever before.

9 and 17 with nothing decent back is a price I think you'd struggle to get if out of contract so that's my baseline "overs". I don't think Richmond budge on the first two picks though but Freo will want something decent back with it if we miss finals
9+10 for bolton + 21

I Reckon if its 9 and 10, you'd expect Richmond to pay some of his salary.

Otherwise, I think 9 and 17 is on the money.

Lachie Neale went for a top ten pick, a end of first round pick and a second round coming back. He was also under contract.

It's kind of the going rate for talent being traded. Two firsts with a second coming back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back