Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually Ive worked with tons of indigenous educators and its 100% a cultural belief that family is key to culture according to indigenous elders and I mean more than other cultures. You do cultural knowledge about as well as you do football trading knowledge and to be clear. Respecting family is key to indigenous culture ACCORDING to ELDERS. If anything its your views that are racist.
Well actually I find this naive

You have worked with indigenous educators ? Who cares

You reckon Europeans don’t value culture don’t respect elders ?

You have no idea what you are talking about

Well actually I find this naive

You have worked with indigenous educators ? Who cares

You reckon Europeans don’t value culture don’t respect elders ?

You have no idea what you are talking about
Who brought up Europeans?

I agree that in Indigenous culture family takes up a much higher priority, a couple cases in AFL (Tippa, Rioli) where players have actually given up their high paying job to return home. Haven´t seen much of that outside Indigenous culture.

Mind you both those players have been from the very remote communities.

As a hypothetical if Bolton was to be traded for one first round pick what would fair value look like. Leave aside posturing about Richmond holding the whip hand and will demand more than fair value.

I'd take a guess at pick 3. What do you reckon?

As a hypothetical if Bolton was to be traded for one first round pick what would fair value look like. Leave aside posturing about Richmond holding the whip hand and will demand more than fair value.

Yeah I think 3 would just about do it. I have a feeling we'll be targeting pick 3 with the picks we get for Rioli/Bolton.

Yeah I think 3 would just about do it. I have a feeling we'll be targeting pick 3 with the picks we get for Rioli/Bolton.
West Coast fans seem pretty positive the club are determined to break the pick up as well

I would´ve thought pick 5-6 with some 2nd rounder change (not enough to push a top 5 pick up any more).

Who are the players that have gone for top 3 picks in recent times?
Judd, Jason Horne Francis... Weller too I guess.

All the others seem to be about pick 5-10:
Neale, Treloar, Hill, Beams, Boyd, May, Hogan,

Kelly, Cameron, Jackson, Wingard, Mitchell all seeming to go for late first rounders unless there were future first rounders involved.

I would´ve thought pick 5-6 with some 2nd rounder change (not enough to push a top 5 pick up any more).

Who are the players that have gone for top 3 picks in recent times?
Judd, Jason Horne Francis... Weller too I guess.

All the others seem to be about pick 5-10:
Neale, Treloar, Hill, Beams, Boyd, May, Hogan,

Kelly, Cameron, Jackson, Wingard, Mitchell all seeming to go for late first rounders unless there were future first rounders involved.
I don't think you got the gist of the question if your response is pick 5-6 and a second rounder.

You then meandered along with oversimplified justifications. For example in the Judd trade west coast received Josh Kennedy who had been taken at pick 4 just 2 years earlier.

I could go on with your other examples but this is enough for now.

Last edited:
West Coast fans seem pretty positive the club are determined to break the pick up as well
It makes sense for them and we'd be in the best position to help them do it too. Would also make the Baker deal easier to do should he choose WC.

With the Barrass trade Eagles could well end up with 3 good first rounders, we could have 3 of the first 7 picks plus another one or two in the 1st round and Freo get one of the best fwd/mids in the comp. Smiles all round surely.

It makes sense for them and we'd be in the best position to help them do it too. Would also make the Baker deal easier to do should he choose WC.

With the Barrass trade Eagles could well end up with 3 good first rounders, we could have 3 of the first 7 picks plus another one or two in the 1st round and Freo get one of the best fwd/mids in the comp. Smiles all round surely.
I still struggle to understand why WC are prepared to part with anything in the top 20 for Baker (and I think that is actually the reason it hasnt been formally announced yet tbh) but, otherwise, yeah, smiles all round.

I said it before but the first thing I do as a new coach coming in is scuttle any idea of trading for Baker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still struggle to understand why WC are prepared to part with anything in the top 20 for Baker (and I think that is actually the reason it hasnt been formally announced yet tbh) but, otherwise, yeah, smiles all round.

I said it before but the first thing I do as a new coach coming in is scuttle any idea of trading for Baker
If we did end up with 9 and 10 off Freo, that'd do for pick 3, wouldn't it?

If we got GCs 1st, we'd be more inclined to accept eagles 2nd and F2 for Baker I'd say.

Maybe 9, 10, F3 and Baker for 3, 23 and F2.

I don't think you got the gist of the question of your response is pick 5-6 and a second rounder.

You then meandered along with oversimplified justifications. For example in the Judd trade west coast received Josh Kennedy who had been taken at pick 4 just 2 years earlier.

I could go on with your other examples but this is enough for now.
Geez, get your head out of your ass.

I was just saying trading top 3 picks doesn´t really happen, they seem to be near priceless and there is no conversion rate. Noone actually trades you a pick upgrade equivalent to pick 5-6 and a second rounder.

Provided some recent trade history for the discussion.

I think the Judd trade is a good example of what rare calibre of player (Tier and a half above Bolton) it takes to prise a top 3 pick.

Geez, get your head out of your ass.

I was just saying trading top 3 picks doesn´t really happen, they seem to be near priceless and there is no conversion rate. Noone actually trades you a pick upgrade equivalent to pick 5-6 and a second rounder.

Provided some recent trade history for the discussion.

I think the Judd trade is a good example of what rare calibre of player (Tier and a half above Bolton) it takes to prise a top 3 pick.
You replied incorrectly to a hypothetical question.

If we got GCs 1st, we'd be more inclined to accept eagles 2nd and F2 for Baker I'd say.

Should do, I dont know, I wonder if we see some weird things with trades in this draft? They just all talk about it as totally unique. Surely it's not worth it to trade up that high because pick 3 is like marginally ahead of pick 9, which is basically the same as 10.

I actually would have thought it makes more sense to just keep the picks tbh.

It'd be interesting games between the clubs. Surely if Richmond want 3 and and West Coast want multiple later picks, Freo should leverage both as we are basically the only ones that can make it happen? I'd kill to be a fly on those strategy meetings

Should do, I dont know, I wonder if we see some weird things with trades in this draft? They just all talk about it as totally unique. Surely it's not worth it to trade up that high because pick 3 is like marginally ahead of pick 9, which is basically the same as 10.

It'd be interesting games between the clubs. Surely if Richmond want 3 and and West Coast want multiple later picks, Freo should leverage both as we are basically the only ones that can make it happen? I'd kill to be a fly on those strategy meetings
Going to be a long trade week.

I think you would need to get one of those up to 5-6.

Thanks to Bing Copilot:
  1. 2018 AFL Draft: The Gold Coast Suns traded their pick 2 to the Adelaide Crows in exchange for picks 6, 24, and a future first-round pick.
  2. 2015 AFL Draft: The Melbourne Demons traded their pick 3 to the Gold Coast Suns for picks 6 and 29.
  3. 2019 AFL Draft: The Melbourne Demons traded their pick 2 to the Gold Coast Suns for picks 6 and 11.
  4. 2014 AFL Draft: The GWS Giants traded their pick 2 to the Western Bulldogs for picks 6 and 7.
  5. 2013 AFL Draft: The GWS Giants traded their pick 1 to the St Kilda Saints for picks 3 and 13.
  6. 2012 AFL Draft: The GWS Giants traded their pick 2 to the Melbourne Demons for picks 4 and 13.

I think you would need to get one of those up to 5-6.

Thanks to Bing Copilot:
  1. 2018 AFL Draft: The Gold Coast Suns traded their pick 2 to the Adelaide Crows in exchange for picks 6, 24, and a future first-round pick.
  2. 2015 AFL Draft: The Melbourne Demons traded their pick 3 to the Gold Coast Suns for picks 6 and 29.
  3. 2019 AFL Draft: The Melbourne Demons traded their pick 2 to the Gold Coast Suns for picks 6 and 11.
  4. 2014 AFL Draft: The GWS Giants traded their pick 2 to the Western Bulldogs for picks 6 and 7.
  5. 2013 AFL Draft: The GWS Giants traded their pick 1 to the St Kilda Saints for picks 3 and 13.
  6. 2012 AFL Draft: The GWS Giants traded their pick 2 to the Melbourne Demons for picks 4 and 13.
Bing (no surprise) has dudded you on the most recent and more relevant one which was like 8 and 12 for 3 from WC in the Sheezel draft

Does that line of thinking make the picks we have more valuable than normal?

Does that line of thinking make the picks we have more valuable than normal?
I'd think so, I think we lucked on timing. Everyone wants a piece of this top 20. It's likely why SO many contracted players appear to be on the move (Luko, Bolton, Rioli, Barrass, Houston etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back