Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, you've got Ralphy gaslighting the footy world into thinking Baker is worth pick 10 every time he speaks.

Don't get upset at Rhino (who's WAY more likable than pretty much every journo and especially Ralph).

Gold Coast fan right now

200w.gif

I don't think we will stand in Shai's way IF Freo come to the table with a reasonable deal.

We will likely still ask for 9 and 10 as part of a deal BUT if Kosi requests to move to Freo then this won't happen. Whilst I think we'd push for 9 and 10 if only Bolton was going, if Kosi is heading there too, then they won't both be on the table.

When you look at it as 2 deals.

Deal 1 - Pick 9 and 17
Deal 2 - Pick 10 and F1 (assume 16)

For both deals the points value is very similar, 2494 vs 2462 so the offers aren't unreasonable IMO, they are in the ballpark, even though the picks probably aren't what Richmond and Melbourne want.

Likely Freo would come to the table with throwing in a player as steak knives that isn't in their best 22. I think they'd be open to this, as their focus will be on their best 22. The players that probably come to mind for Melbourne might be Switkowski as a direct replacement for Neal-Bullen. For the Tigers, maybe 1 of the players drafted last year Cooper Simpson or Ollie Murphy, or maybe even Liam Reidy who looked ok in the ruck in the games he played.

They might even throw in their 2nd to Richmond and 1 of our 3rds goes back and that goes to Melbourne.

If there is a chance to get Bolton and Pickett, Freo will be open to anything that doesn't include a best 22 in 2025 player.
You sure you’re a Richmond fan?
Waaaay too much sense and pragmatism in this post!

No excuses. He doesn’t want to be there anymore. Pretty much every sensible journalist including one eyed Caroline Wilson says he ain’t worth two firsts. At worst for us its 9 & 17, but could be 9,27 and Erasmus who is a solid young inside bull at 189cm.

Richmond wants to clear the air for Yze and the new administration. You will find there is no way the club has intentions to hold him, despite the rhetoric publicly.
I think it is apparent from the respectful way that the Richmond players have discussed the prospect of being traded that they themselves don’t want Richmond dudded at the trade table, and accept the fact that Richmond will need to extract full value for any good players who do leave.

Richmond have been good to them, and they’ve been good for Richmond, and the players aren’t burning any bridges, which is sensible and professional thing to do. They’d be well aware that if they make demands that essentially reduce their trade value and undermine Richmond’s bargaining position that would just make it harder not easier for them to get to their preferred club.

The fact that the players have formally requested trades probably means the trades are already essentially done and the prices already agreed.

I think it is apparent from the respectful way that the Richmond players have discussed the prospect of being traded that they themselves don’t want Richmond dudded at the trade table, and accept the fact that Richmond will need to extract full value for any good players who do leave.

Richmond have been good to them, and they’ve been good for Richmond, and the players aren’t burning any bridges, which is sensible and professional thing to do. They’d be well aware that if they make demands that essentially reduce their trade value and undermine Richmond’s bargaining position that would just make it harder not easier for them to get to their preferred club.

The fact that the players have formally requested trades probably means the trades are already essentially done and the prices already agreed.

I can't see why both parties can't look to help each other as far as clubs go.

Yep.

I mean sure, if you’re both contending, be campaigners to each other, who wants to make a rival better?

But when you’re at opposite ends of the ladder? Make it work for each other.

I don't think I've ever seen Worner player so I wouldn't know if he's good, we could do with an extra wing, though it depends where we plan to play Ross. If we pushed for Simpson though, whilst Freo might not like it, I don't think they'd stand in the way of a trade like that, but yeah I could see a deal like you suggest work.

I reckon we'll make it work for Shai, he has a real and human reason for leaving and generally we have been good as a club when these things happen, and that builds the culture of the club but also builds a reputation of players wanting to play for you knowing that the club will look after you.

Now Dan Rioli, thats a different scenario. I don't see us playing any sort of nice guy in that trade possibility.
We won’t be playing nice guy for any of the trades. Bakes probably the exception as not contracted.

Mate, you've got Ralphy gaslighting the footy world into thinking Baker is worth pick 10 every time he speaks.

Don't get upset at Rhino (who's WAY more likable than pretty much every journo and especially Ralph).

You seem a tad upset about a journo's opinion though. Seriously doubt the clubs involved care what the media are saying.

I reckon this deal with Freo is well advanced players don't nominate unless clubs commit I don't see eagles in for him. Pickett deal has no bearing that's if he goes to.

100%

The agent will have been speaking to both clubs for weeks if not months. Essentially when players nominate then there is a deal in principle and you can mark it as done deal. They're usually still negotiating around the margins like later/future pick swaps that they need for other deals.

Bolton will be with Freo, Richmond will be getting back what they think is fair that will allow them to rebuild. I'd say both clubs will help the other, they are on different trajectories (or at least I hope we are) and they're likely to pass each other in the other direction in future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah thats the key to getting a trade done. I definitely think it helps that in the latest mock drafts most of the experts are saying that from 4-20 the talent pool is very even so picks in the 9-20 range have more value than previous years. I honestly think the deal for Bolton has already been agreed upon as I dont think he would have come out publicly if he thought a deal wasn't highly likely to get done.

Yep if Richmond football department is anything like their supporters and carry on like pork chops at the trade table walls and co will simply move on to Pickett and Melbourne and offer freos exquisite bounty of picks to them.

What a disaster that would end up being for a ground zero rebuilding RFC

I reckon this gets done early, one of the first trades completed I reckon, Bolton wants to come to us, we want Bolton in, 9 and 17 is a fair swap for him, slightly overs but so be it.

Pickett is going to be the one that drags out a bit.
I wonder if your F1 would have more appeal to Richmond. They'll be looking to push some of their second rounders into a 2025 first rounder anyway, plus that pick is likely better than pick 17 this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back