Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

If it’s 10, 11 and 18 it’s still way too much for both.
Values Bolton at 10 + 11 (waaaaay to high) and Baker at 18 (closer but probs upper limit)

I think a fair deal, that is still on the Tigers beneficial side, would be

10, 11, 18, 30
For
Baker, Bolton and 20

Great hand for Tigers and allows Freo to still take a pick in the first round meaning we’ll satisfy the AFL’s requirement for a first round pick every few years.
If we go hard for the Chad next year (assuming the AFL plan of allowing 2 years futures to be traded kicks in) we’ll likely need to give up first round picks in 2025, 26 and 27
No way we could do that without a first round pick this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Essentially 10/11 for Bolton/Baker which isn't too bad a deal. If I'm freo though I'm offering 10/18 for Bolton only take it or leave it.

with an attitude like that .I can see why your trophy cabinet is the size of a match box.
Don't ever change.

please
Ironically it's the opposite. The attitude is a result of having witnessed trades for Headland, Tarrant, Croad, McCarthy and Hogan.

Way back (25 years or so), when Headland played for Brisbane I was all in on bringing him home. I was 21. The Dockers were 6 years old. I didn't have the attitude I have now.

Learning that patience is a virtue wasn't easy or a choice really. You can disagree all you like but you'll learn the same in a couple of decades.

Ironically it's the opposite. The attitude is a result of having witnessed trades for Headland, Tarrant, Croad, McCarthy and Hogan.

Way back (25 years or so), when Headland played for Brisbane I was all in on bringing him home. I was 21. The Dockers were 6 years old. I didn't have the attitude I have now.

Learning that patience is a virtue wasn't easy or a choice really. You can disagree all you like but you'll learn the same in a couple of decades.
We waited 37 years, please tell us more about patience lol

with an attitude like that .I can see why your trophy cabinet is the size of a match box.
Don't ever change.

please
Ironically enough going for the big name trades has left us worse off for the most part, actually walking away from that deal would be a refreshing change of pace if it doesn't work out for us.

All this bantering back and forth between Fremantle and Richmond fans won't mean anything come Wednesday night though, if it goes through, great, if it doesn't go through, also great. Our personal lives aren't effected and we just go back to our lives as usual.

Why would Richmond take 10,11,18 if

Richmond value Shai at 10,11
Fremantle value Baker Pick 10

Fremantle need to go get Essendon's Pick 9 to add to 10,11 to get both

Fremantle get Baker, Bolton
Richmond get 9,10,11
Essendon get 18 F1 Fremantle 30
I genuinely cant tell if you are taking the piss here…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ironically enough going for the big name trades has left us worse off for the most part, actually walking away from that deal would be a refreshing change of pace if it doesn't work out for us.

All this bantering back and forth between Fremantle and Richmond fans won't mean anything come Wednesday night though, if it goes through, great, if it doesn't go through, also great. Our personal lives aren't effected and we just go back to our lives as usual.

Appreciate these perspectives.

I do genuinely think Freo will be better off with Bolton over even 10 + 11. The odds are, one of those picks will flop and the other wont be nearly as good as Bolton.

He isn't the same risk as a KPF. It would be -remarkably- unlucky for him to have a career-impacting injury.

As you say, let's see what comes out the wash and watch 2025 with curiosity

Remember when the Tiges gave up pick 6 for Prestia and everyone said we were nuts? (I thought we were nuts)

Prestia was out of contract, not in contract. He was what we needed, we over paid.

Is the ask an overpay for Bolton? Yes, it is. And it's a bigger reach because he has 4 years in contract.

Honestly, when the deal is done, you may wonder. But I reckon this ballsy move will pay off big time for the Dockers. Big time.

Just say he is a required player and is contracted for a further four years. End of.
he is a required player and is contracted for a further four years

Maybe try again next year
Maybe.

It's great to have good picks, but it's better to have great players.

You have a great player that wants to come. Hmm.

Again like Rioli, Richmond will play the “he’s contracted” line. They don’t want him they want the pick. Pick 10 is more than fair move on.

Credit to the Richmond list boss if they can get more than that

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back