Rumour Shane Mumford - Video "snorting powder"

Remove this Banner Ad

sprockets haha you're a laugh :D

Jimi Hendrix was not "sometimes high", mate that dude was tripping balls.

Like or not music would actually suck without drugs. It really would. Imagine life without Sgt Peppers, Pet Sounds, or Snoop Dogg.

**** that.

Call me an old fuddy duddy or senile but it seems to me with modern society unless you take an illegal drug you cannot have fun.
If this is the case what future do our grandchildren have.
I am obvious in the minority when I say I have never taken drugs ever except for antibiotics.
I played and coached football for close to 25 years in country Victoria and enjoyed every minute (except when we lost) and yes I had a
couple of beers after the game and enjoyed the company of my friends and their families .
To risk everything you cherish in life for a few hours of madness doesn't make sense to me.
Fifty years ago I played in my first premiership to the year .
Only one of those players is no longer with us due to an accident but 4 children and three grandchildren have passed away
one to suicide three to drug related issues , is this fair for these families no way.
I wish somebody had the answers because the pain this problem causes in obvious to everyone in society.

I'm a "fuddy duddy" as well, and am always mystified by this attitude that unless you're full of drugs, booze and bad manners you can't possibly be having any fun. As someone who, like yourself, have never taken any drugs except for medical purposes, my previous generation were affected by World War II. Many men who served in action took anything that helped numb them of the experience, and when they weren't shooting each other's arses off, they were drinking, smoking, getting tattoos, etc out of boredom. When they returned home they had developed habits many of them couldn't control.

My generation had no such pressures. Sure, there was the Vietnam War, but I was personally unaffected by it. I had no need for drugs, alcohol, tattoos, etc, I could go out to clubs (discos) with my girlfriend and listen to bands, dance and have a great time without the need for stimulants. I used to watch my father smoke and thought "what a dumb idea that is", so I never smoked. This helped me at parties when the Marijuana got passed around, I would just say "no". I watched my father, still fighting affects of the war and in a high pressure job, return home in terrible states of inebriation, giving rise to acts of violence. Once again, I thought "why would anyone drink if that's what it does to you?"

My generation saw men wear their hair long, because everyone else did. Girls wore their skirts short, because all the other girls did. The need to fit in is important to all people. Young people of today seem to feel they need to take drugs, get hideous tattoos, etc, because everyone else does.

The greatest impact on my life when, as a 14 year old, I watched a documentary on TV titled "no roses for Michael". It depicted a young man who began popping pills .... because everyone else did. It showed how the innocence of a few pills could lead to harder stuff, and ultimately lead to addiction which destroyed not only his life, but the lives of everyone around him. Short term gain for long term pain.

Once again, I thought to myself "why would anyone want to do that to themselves?". Education was the thing for me. I was always lucky enough not to adhere to peer group pressure. If I didn't want to do something just to "fit in", and they didn't like it, then to hell with them. I admit I really have no idea of the pressures (or perceived pressures) young people are feeling these days so it's hard for me to understand why they feel the need to take drugs.

You said it best, to risk everything you cherish in life for a few hours of madness just doesn't make sense. There are so many ways to enjoy life other than getting shit faced every time you go out.

Like or not music would actually suck without drugs. It really would. Imagine life without Sgt Peppers, Pet Sounds, or Snoop Dogg.

**** that.
It doesn't. I love music. Go and troll someone else.

**** that.
If you struggle to enjoy music without booze and drugs you are the one missing out.
I reckon you cant see the Forrest for the trees.

If you struggle to enjoy music without booze and drugs you are the one missing out.
I reckon you cant see the Forrest for the trees.
I think you mean "forest".

Now save your teetotalling crap for church.

I said music would suck without drugs and it's true. That's not the same as saying you have to be high to enjoy music- all I'm saying is you're an idiot if you discredit the influence of drugs in popular music.

Just because you can't handle a toke of a joint or a couple of beers doesn't mean everyone else has to miss out.

who cares. It's his life, he can do as he pleases.

99 percent of people have either did drugs or associated with someone who has. Slay yourselves and your associates in the same manner in which you would the big bad wolf Mr Mumford.

I think you mean "forest".

Now save your teetotalling crap for church.

I said music would suck without drugs and it's true. That's not the same as saying you have to be high to enjoy music- all I'm saying is you're an idiot if you discredit the influence of drugs in popular music.

Just because you can't handle a toke of a joint or a couple of beers doesn't mean everyone else has to miss out.
Thanks for the spell check.
Changing your story, you were basically saying music would not exist if it were not for drugs.
What does my drug usage have to do with your illinformed comments? So naive .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changing your story, you were basically saying music would not exist if it were not for drugs.
I never said music would not exist without drugs- of course it would. It just wouldn't be very good. You could forget hip-hop, dub or reggae ever existing. None of the decent Beatles albums would have been made, Keith Richards would have died, Hendrix would still be a session musician playing with Ike and Tina Turner and the Doors without drugs... **** that.

And for the record I never said you can't enjoy banging tunes without a little spliff- of course you can. It just enhances the experience, like having a nice wine with your dinner or a choccy ice cream at the drive-in cinema. You should try it a couple of cones one day, might loosen you up a little :p

I love music
You obviously don't love it very much if you can't acknowledge all the amazing albums made by people who were influenced by sweet sweet Mary Jane. What are you even listening to, church choirs? Enjoy that!

I'm a "fuddy duddy" as well
Yeah no shit you are! Why don't you tell us more about how much you hate tattoos, please! You don't sound like a judgemental old fool at all!

And "girls in short skirts" OMG HOW DARE THEY LOL!!!!!

You see the thing is, not everyone who gets pissed is fighting post traumatic stress disorder because they killed a bunch of people in a war they weren't supposed to be in. Believe it or not it's a completely normal thing to have a beer and the vast majority of people are able to do this without turning into pieces of shit. Don't blame the alcohol, blame the person!

Take a deep breath, you'd need a Ouija board to ask Jimi
Mate, Hendrix will never die.

I never said music would not exist without drugs- of course it would. It just wouldn't be very good. You could forget hip-hop, dub or reggae ever existing. None of the decent Beatles albums would have been made, Keith Richards would have died, Hendrix would still be a session musician playing with Ike and Tina Turner and the Doors without drugs... **** that.

And for the record I never said you can't enjoy banging tunes without a little spliff- of course you can. It just enhances the experience, like having a nice wine with your dinner or a choccy ice cream at the drive-in cinema. You should try it a couple of cones one day, might loosen you up a little :p

You obviously don't love it very much if you can't acknowledge all the amazing albums made by people who were influenced by sweet sweet Mary Jane. What are you even listening to, church choirs? Enjoy that!

Yeah no shit you are! Why don't you tell us more about how much you hate tattoos, please! You don't sound like a judgemental old fool at all!

You see the thing is, not everyone who gets pissed is fighting post traumatic stress disorder because they killed a bunch of people in a war they weren't supposed to be in. Believe it or not it's a completely normal thing to have a beer and the vast majority of people are able to do this without turning into pieces of shit. Don't blame the alcohol, blame the person!

One last time for the troll (you might just be really, really stupid, so apologies for calling you a troll) - we're talking about listening to, not writing music. You don't need to be drug affected to love or enjoy music.

BTW The Beatles never really got into drugs until not long before they split and were 'unprecedented' long before then. Jimi Hendrix was making some pretty ordinary music as he approached his demise, from a drug overdose, and I hadn't heard of Lee Perry so I looked him up and, well, he's relatively unknown compared with the other two so I'm not sure (and don't care) why you put him in there.

The Beatles started smoking weed when they met Dylan (around the time of Help! and just before they started writing for what became Rubber Soul) and they were doing poppers even back in the Hamburg days

Music is not better when under the influence of drugs. The music stays the same, it is just your perception of it. Shame you need additives to make it better.:rolleyes:
If you don’t have the ability to let go of your inhibitions and free your mind to listen to music straight you are missing out.
Now no trolling by saying if i dont do drugs i dont know and dont stop others from doing them.
Been there, moved on. Music is great without them, just dont need that artificial feeling to appreciate it.

The Beatles started smoking weed when they met Dylan (around the time of Help! and just before they started writing for what became Rubber Soul) and they were doing poppers even back in the Hamburg days
I'm talking from a song writing perspective. Sure, they took things to help them physically perform and to get high but their use wasn't really musically influential until later on, during their LSD years. However, my original comment was about listening to music, not making it and we're getting way off track here.

One last time for the troll (you might just be really, really stupid, so apologies for calling you a troll) - we're talking about listening to, not writing music. You don't need to be drug affected to love or enjoy music.
Of course not; it just makes it better. Why do you think they're called "jazz cigarettes"? Send me a PM and I'll hook you up with some homegrown and a copy of Bitches Brew... find out for yourself!

BTW The Beatles never really got into drugs until not long before they split and were 'unprecedented' long before then.
You actually could not be more wrong about this; The Beatles added their names to an advertisement in the Times newspaper calling for the legalisation of cannabis... in 1967; that's the year after Rubber Soul was released.

Lennon was arrested for possession in 1968, George Harrison in 1979. They were literally smoking pot 24/7 and made Sgt Peppers, The White Album, Abbey Road, Let It Be, Revolver and Magical Mystery Tour stoned out of their minds.

The Beatles loved drugs and wrote all their best records high and listening to their records high is something everyone should do.

Jimi Hendrix was making some pretty ordinary music as he approached his demise, from a drug overdose
Stop being wrong about everything, Electric Ladyland is a classic album. Jimi was at the top of his game!

(FYI I don't actually listen to the beatles or hendrix anymore sorry)

Music is not better when under the influence of drugs. The music stays the same, it is just your perception of it. Shame you need additives to make it better.:rolleyes:
You can't handle your shit but this doesn't mean you need to lecture people.

Of course the music stays the same, durr!

Of course not; it just makes it better. Why do you think they're called "jazz cigarettes"? Send me a PM and I'll hook you up with some homegrown and a copy of Bitches Brew... find out for yourself!

You actually could not be more wrong about this; The Beatles added their names to an advertisement in the Times newspaper calling for the legalisation of cannabis... in 1967; that's the year after Rubber Soul was released.

Lennon was arrested for possession in 1968, George Harrison in 1979. They were literally smoking pot 24/7 and made Sgt Peppers, The White Album, Abbey Road, Let It Be, Revolver and Magical Mystery Tour stoned out of their minds.

The Beatles loved drugs and wrote all their best records high and listening to their records high is something everyone should do.

Stop being wrong about everything, Electric Ladyland is a classic album. Jimi was at the top of his game!

(FYI I don't actually listen to the beatles or hendrix anymore sorry)

You can't handle your shit but this doesn't mean you need to lecture people.

Of course the music stays the same, durr!
See now your talking shit to get out of he hole you dug for yourself, you are contradicting yourself.
Just fess up, you talk shit.
Simpleton.

So do we think he will still get picked up by the Giants
Hard to know.
Zac Clarke was at the club last week, possibly as an option. We have offered Dawson Simpson a contract but that was always going to happen. Matt Flynn is a project player with 2 years behind him in the system now. At 21 I cant see him just assum7ng the main ruck role though, more likely he'll get introduced as a ruck firward fir some games.

My guess is we wont decide until there's an indication from the AFL, and I'm sure there'll be discussions about getting one before the draft.

Marijuana and music... even better than swimming and **** :D

See now your talking shit to get out of he hole you dug for yourself, you are contradicting yourself.
So you struggle with comprehension as well as spelling?

Weed enhances music, and we wouldn't have good music if it wasn't for drugs. This is all I've ever said and I've never wavered on this. It's actually really simple so I don't understand why you don't understand it... maybe you were dropped on your head?

Would explain why you're so irritable. Have a cup of milo and lie down now sweetie, no need to throw out insults.

Already did, of a drug overdose
This is a very misinformed post; Hendrix choked to death after accidentally having too many sleeping pills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Shane Mumford - Video "snorting powder"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back