Rumour Sharrod Wellingham

Remove this Banner Ad

pistol17

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brad Hardie has started a rumour with Sharrod Wellingham from the pies joining us....

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/blogs/harden-up/cloke-war-the-collateral-damage-20120723-22j2p.html

My mail is that both Fremantle and West Coast have already spoken to Wellingham's management about a potential move back to the west.
The Dockers are prepared to pay Wellingham about $425,000 a season; the way I see it he couldn't
be on more than $275,000 to $300,000 at Collingwood at the moment so it's a decent upgrade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

20 odd possessions and a shot or two on goal as the fifth best midfielder in the Collingwood side?

Lachie Neale can do that next year.

Thats the thing, he is running around without a tag and no attention at all. In our midfield he is on current form the third guy to get attention (behind Mundy and Hill), how does he handle that.
Hes no more then Chance Bateman in my opinion.

If we could get him for 200k, sure. But he's not the kind of footballer who's worth chasing.

Last year when Pendlebury and Swan were injured at different intervals he really stood up and delivered IIRC. Nothing wrong with adding him into the team. The only thing I'm worried about are the $$$. Maybe we might grab Wellingham and one of Maloney/ Stanton? Midfielders that can rotate through the Fwdline and create some havoc!!

20 odd possessions and a shot or two on goal as the fifth best midfielder in the Collingwood side?

Lachie Neale can do that next year.

Thats a bit tough

Team can only get so many possesions

Pendles,Beams,Sidebottom,Swan racking 30 up each a week does not leave to many more for the likes of Wellingham

His been in some very good form this year on HFF i am sure he is more then capable at being a starting Mid

Thats a bit tough

Team can only get so many possesions

Pendles,Beams,Sidebottom,Swan racking 30 up each a week does not leave to many more for the likes of Wellingham

His been in some very good form this year on HFF i am sure he is more then capable at being a starting Mid

I agree but his to expensive in terms of salary and compensation. I don't see the deal happening, Freo won't give up their first round pick you can guarantee that. So it would be a player but which?

Which player do you think is fair compensation? Be realistic cause Fyfe and Hill are off the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back