Rumour Sharrod Wellingham

Remove this Banner Ad

Why take them as free agents when you do not rate the 2?

Should focus your attention on other players that will be Free Agents

I do rate both to a certain degree. Both are in thier prime and 24/25 years old and have a few good years left.

Key word written on here. Is Wellingham or Toovey in your top 10 list of Highest paid players at Collingwood? If not then Some clubs will be interested in taking either of them in 2 years time. Do you think that other teams will chase after your players? Believe me you will never see Freo Get bent over when it comes to trading with our current board.

As good as your team is, you can contain all of your quality players on your list. Theres going to be at least one or that might leave this season. Maybe a couple through retirement.

I do rate both to a certain degree. Both are in thier prime and 24/25 years old and have a few good years left.

Key word written on here. Is Wellingham or Toovey in your top 10 list of Highest paid players at Collingwood? If not then Some clubs will be interested in taking either of them in 2 years time. Do you think that other teams will chase after your players? Believe me you will never see Freo Get bent over when it comes to trading with our current board.

As good as your team is, you can contain all of your quality players on your list. Theres going to be at least one or that might leave this season. Maybe a couple through retirement.

Toovey plays a huge roll for us that is highly underrated he beats his man most weeks and done it against the best has had a crap year this year though which is very unlike him but our whole defence has struggled as a whole all year.

Wellingham this year has been great you can tell his in form when he is marking very well over head which he has been doing.

This year going on how the players have played i would have rated our players like this.

Pendlebury
Beams
Swan
Sidebottom
Shaw
Thomas
Wellingham
Maxwell
Blair
Goldsack
Fasolo
Jolly

Thats how i would rank our 12 also need to take into account our Forwards and Defenders have played like crap so he would be in our top 10 this year believe it or not his name is never up for discussion for being dropped so his in atleast our best 16 players.

I would say Wellingham will go close when Didak and Johnson both retire to being in our top 10 paid

Toovey in his role will never get the big bucks

Toovey plays a huge roll for us that is highly underrated he beats his man most weeks and done it against the best has had a crap year this year though which is very unlike him but our whole defence has struggled as a whole all year.

Wellingham this year has been great you can tell his in form when he is marking very well over head which he has been doing.

This year going on how the players have played i would have rated our players like this.

Pendlebury
Beams
Swan
Sidebottom
Shaw
Thomas
Wellingham
Maxwell
Blair
Goldsack
Fasolo
Jolly

Thats how i would rank our 12 also need to take into account our Forwards and Defenders have played like crap so he would be in our top 10 this year believe it or not his name is never up for discussion for being dropped so his in atleast our best 16 players.

I would say Wellingham will go close when Didak and Johnson both retire to being in our top 10 paid

Toovey in his role will never get the big bucks

It true defenders dont tradtionally be on big dollars. Still I would take him considering Freo dont have enough players in their "prime" (Guys aged 24-29 with 100-150 games under the belt).

So you say Didak and Johnson will retire soon, How long will you Keep Your main ruckman? Also would Keeping Leigh Brown and Leon davis for another season woud of been a good idea this season?

It true defenders dont tradtionally be on big dollars. Still I would take him considering Freo dont have enough players in their "prime" (Guys aged 24-29 with 100-150 games under the belt).

So you say Didak and Johnson will retire soon, How long will you Keep Your main ruckman? Also would Keeping Leigh Brown and Leon davis for another season woud of been a good idea this season?

Brown felt his body was giving up on him you have to remember he played like 250 games and was only 30 thats alot of games at a young age

Leon was playing contract footy we do miss his run and carry but we were not willing to give him that much money

Johnson Didak have a year after this left then there done they might pull the plug this year

Jolly will play on next year his been playing decent football

Brown felt his body was giving up on him you have to remember he played like 250 games and was only 30 thats alot of games at a young age

Leon was playing contract footy we do miss his run and carry but we were not willing to give him that much money

Johnson Didak have a year after this left then there done they might pull the plug this year

Jolly will play on next year his been playing decent football

That Suprised me a bit. Leigh Brown didnt look like he was injury prone. I remember last year when I went to the Collingwood vs Port game at AAMI. It didnt look like his Body wasnt giving up on him But thats how I looked at it.

Davis easily had 2 years left in him. Im suprised my team didnt pick him up after Roger Hayden retired, as he played in a simliar role like Davis at Freo.

One of your fellow magpie comrades posted a comment about rating one Zac Clarke, Freos young ruckman. He would be a good fit at Collingwood but freo dont want to let him go.

That Suprised me a bit. Leigh Brown didnt look like he was injury prone. I remember last year when I went to the Collingwood vs Port game at AAMI. It didnt look like his Body wasnt giving up on him But thats how I looked at it.

Davis easily had 2 years left in him. Im suprised my team didnt pick him up after Roger Hayden retired, as he played in a simliar role like Davis at Freo.

One of your fellow magpie comrades posted a comment about rating one Zac Clarke, Freos young ruckman. He would be a good fit at Collingwood but freo dont want to let him go.

Probably just reiterating what everyone knows - Often in "older" (well used) players its not that they suffer far more during a game or are injury prone more than when younger, but that their body takes longer to recover and little niggles can drag on. Which is why many "older" stars are getting rested more or "nursed" through the season to be played hard when needed most.

Also Leigh Brown being such a big bodied player, would of effected his longevity.

Thats why i think Goddard wont last much past 30.
Cloke could be the same.

Also Leigh Brown being such a big bodied player, would of effected his longevity.

would have affected*
sorry, they're two of the more common grammatical errors on this site.

have and affect are verbs.
effect is a usually a noun.
of is a preposition, which establishes a relationship between a part and a whole.

you can have or have done something = verb
you are of something, as in belonging to or relating to it = preposition (other prepositions include: as, at, about, over, through, etc)

when you affect something, you're doing something to it = verb
the result of affecting something is the effect = noun

that concludes the anal retentive grammatical lesson.

I would of read that but it was to long too have an affect.

You already know sman has poor grammar - it's BF freo lore, along with Memories' book and Moo's sense of humour. He did make an effort to take more time with his posts a while ago, I can't recall what he was doing though that made my eyeballs bleed

didn't mean to pick on sman, just took the opportunity to correct a couple of mistakes in the one sentence, as presumptuous as that sounds. anyhoo, footy = rad.

would have affected*

of is a preposition, which establishes a relationship between a part and a whole.

you are of something, as in belonging to or relating to it = preposition (other prepositions include: as, at, about, over, through, etc)

He said, without a single capital letter ;)

I'm all for proper english in forums - or at least an attempt at something resembling english.

hai2u i lyk footy an hate u cuz ur dumb

It just brings down the level of communication since it requires interpretation.

Oh and in typing that I remembered what it was sman wrote that used to bug me 'an' instead of 'and'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said, without a single capital letter ;)
that's style, baby.

or being slack. :p

I'm all for proper english in forums - or at least an attempt at something resembling english.

hai2u i lyk footy an hate u cuz ur dumb

It just brings down the level of communication since it requires interpretation.

Oh and in typing that I remembered what it was sman wrote that used to bug me 'an' instead of 'and'

proper english is real good.:thumbsu:
i'm not that much of a stickler but the 'have' and 'of' thing BUGS THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF ME.
the error comes from speech. we say, 'could've', which sounds like 'could of' but it's actually could have.

anyway, sharrod, to get back on track. we'd be paying mundy level wages for him, so he'd want to bring his collingwood form home, which is the gamble. he reeks of arrogance but that's probably not a bad thing. we're a nice team, a bit of swagger might bring out the killer instinct.

would have affected*

Can I just add sommant ?
Very good post banana ;
It is sommant that has affected me for a long time. I hope it effectively ends the use of "of" when "have" should have been used.

Sommant I will ask of you though banana ; time to turn your attention to the posters who incorrectly use their, there and they're.
There are many who use there when they're talking about their team or players .

Can I just add sommant ?
Very good post banana ;
It is sommant that has affected me for a long time. It hope it effectively ends the use of "of" when "have" should have been used.

Sommant I will ask of you though banana ; time to turn your attention to the posters who incorrectly use their, there and they're.
There are many who use there when they're talking about their team or players .

yep, that's annoying too. i'm gonna take the 'baby steps' approach, though, as there's every likelihood correcting people's grammar would see me bashed, albeit in forum form.

is everyone else seeing 'sommant' instead of 'something' or am i tripping?

yep, that's annoying too. i'm gonna take the 'baby steps' approach, though, as there's every likelihood correcting people's grammar would see me bashed, albeit in forum form.

Sommant is a commune in France - apparently. Are you into group living, Fred?

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see this happen. You have no problem pointing out that the way other people post annoys you and expect them to change just because it annoys you, but when it is pointed out that you don't use capitals you are open about the fact that you are too lazy to fix it.

I couldn't care less the way anyone posts, but hypocrisy makes anyone look like a douche.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see this happen. You have no problem pointing out that the way other people post annoys you and expect them to change just because it annoys you, but when it is pointed out that you don't use capitals you are open about the fact that you are too lazy to fix it.

I couldn't care less the way anyone posts, but hypocrisy makes anyone look like a douche.
well, you caught the gag but missed the point, which is that stylistically i deliberately choose not to capitalise, other than with acronyms and you'll see that consistently in my posts. sorry if i came across as a hard arse, just making light banter of something that irks me. i don't expect people to change their behaviour.

COLLINGWOOD continues to whittle away at its list of uncontracted players with Sharrod Wellingham signing a new deal with the club.

The Herald Sun reported on Thursday that the midfielder had recommitted to the club, although the length of the deal was not mentioned.

The Pies have put talks with Travis Cloke on hold, but said that work on other deals were continuing before and after that decision was made.

"Nothing changes at all," Magpies chief executive Gary Pert said last night.

"It's not like we work on one and then start working on another, we're working on all of them on an on-going basis.

"There will be other announcements in the coming days and weeks."

All Australian defender Ben Reid is believed to be close to signing, while Harry O'Brien and Tyson Goldsack are also key priorities for the Magpies now that Cloke's talks are on hold.

New deals for Brent Macaffer, Ben Johnson, Chris Tarrant and Andrew Krakouer will reportedly wait until the end of the season.

An emerging midfield star, Wellingham has played 84 matches for Collingwood since his debut in 2008.

would have affected*

Free english lesson in the BF site... classic :thumbsu:

COLLINGWOOD continues to whittle away at its list of uncontracted players with Sharrod Wellingham signing a new deal with the club.

The Herald Sun reported on Thursday that the midfielder had recommitted to the club, although the length of the deal was not mentioned.

The Pies have put talks with Travis Cloke on hold, but said that work on other deals were continuing before and after that decision was made.

"Nothing changes at all," Magpies chief executive Gary Pert said last night.

"It's not like we work on one and then start working on another, we're working on all of them on an on-going basis.

"There will be other announcements in the coming days and weeks."

All Australian defender Ben Reid is believed to be close to signing, while Harry O'Brien and Tyson Goldsack are also key priorities for the Magpies now that Cloke's talks are on hold.

New deals for Brent Macaffer, Ben Johnson, Chris Tarrant and Andrew Krakouer will reportedly wait until the end of the season.

An emerging midfield star, Wellingham has played 84 matches for Collingwood since his debut in 2008.

I dislike the Pies as much as anybody but this is an indication that most AFL footballers and their managers demonstrate a reasonable level of loyalty to clubs and their teammates.

It makes the Travis Cloke situation look ridiculous.
To put things in perspective, look at the playing career of Shane Woewodin and how his manager effectively ended his career by his avariciousness.
A breakout season does not and should not equate to a doubling of a player's contract.

It could be said Travis is being managed by a fool.

Fremantle has recently made some key signings as have many other clubs and I think people on forums like this often underestimate how much disruption it is for a player to change clubs .
Wellingham has made a sensible key decision in his life as did Jon Griffin at Fremantle.

Trav Cloke , like Woey is misguided.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back