Sheedy Talks Up Bombers Chances

Remove this Banner Ad

You are kidding yourseleves if you think we can beat Sydney this week - I know I am being very negative again, but I am also being realistic - I know that on any given night if we play our best footy we can beat anyone anywhere as we have a some great players in our spine, BUT how often do we doit?& how often do we do it against very good footy teams especially ones who are very disciplines/drilled & well coached & play like a team more than any other club in the comp - something pretty special has to happen for Essendon to win - look, I really hope we do win & I will eat my words & for the mere satisfaction of beating a top 2 or top 4 side at their own home ground when we have been playing - lets face it dumb footy
Hall, O'Keefe, Bolton & Schneider seem to always play well not to mention Davis - we could be in massive trouble if 2 or more of these guys fire

You are kidding yourseleves if you think we can beat Sydney this week - I know I am being very negative again, but I am also being realistic - I know that on any given night if we play our best footy we can beat anyone anywhere as we have a some great players in our spine, BUT how often do we doit?& how often do we do it against very good footy teams especially ones who are very disciplines/drilled & well coached & play like a team more than any other club in the comp - something pretty special has to happen for Essendon to win - look, I really hope we do win & I will eat my words & for the mere satisfaction of beating a top 2 or top 4 side at their own home ground when we have been playing - lets face it dumb footy
Hall, O'Keefe, Bolton & Schneider seem to always play well not to mention Davis - we could be in massive trouble if 2 or more of these guys fire

Had similar thoughts on Adelaide at AAMI yet we took that comfortably, both teams play a similar style of footy so we are obviously capable.

I think we can give Sydney a run for their money.
Let's face it, Sydney have been far from brilliant, their display against W.B i admit was very impressive but if ever we had a chance to beat Sydney at Sydney this would be it.

I see their defenders being no match for Lloyd and Lucas and the pace of Davey.
Our defender's i'm still a little worried about, Mal doesn't match up well on Hall... but the rest seem capable of doing their job on their lesser forwards. Micky O can be a danger man for us if he kicks a couple early and could be hard to stop once he gets going.
The Midfield is where it will be won and lost, if Hirdy, Stanton and Watson play like they have been these last two weeks i can't see them beating us. Add the pace of Winders and we should get up.

Ess by 18 points.

please tell me you guys don't actually think you have a chance. stranger things have happened, yes, but if you win it will be a crime against football.

I think we can give Sydney a run for their money.
Let's face it, Sydney have been far from brilliant, their display against W.B i admit was very impressive but if ever we had a chance to beat Sydney at Sydney this would be it.

I see their defenders being no match for Lloyd and Lucas and the pace of Davey.
Our defender's i'm still a little worried about, Mal doesn't match up well on Hall... but the rest seem capable of doing their job on their lesser forwards. Micky O can be a danger man for us if he kicks a couple early and could be hard to stop once he gets going.
The Midfield is where it will be won and lost, if Hirdy, Stanton and Watson play like they have been these last two weeks i can't see them beating us. Add the pace of Winders and we should get up.

Ess by 18 points.

I dont agree with that. The Swans midfield and attack has been rather hot and cold this year but our defence has been great for nearly every round. I think statistically the Swans have the best defence in the premiership this year. I think that this game will be decided in the ruck, if the Jolly Spida plays well today then i think the Swans will win.

I think Hille can beat "Spida" around the ground but may struggle in the hitouts.
I dont expect much from Laycock at all... but he might surprise me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheedy Talks Up Bombers Chances

Remove this Banner Ad

Back