Sheedy's grand plan

Remove this Banner Ad

MachoRandySavage

Team Captain
Jun 21, 2010
Kardinia Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Been eally umming and ahhing whether to put this up or not. I'm new to the world of forums, but have loved reading peoples thoughts and occasionally a rumor that is actually true. So I heard this a week or so ago and have sat on it, not wanting to put my cousin (the source) in the deep end. But figuring that I would LOVE hearing this rumor (as i did when he told me) I figured i'll go with it and not actually name him...

So my cousin plays for an AFL team. Is a good player. Apparently Sheeds (through a helper/assistant/whatever you want to call it - 3rd party) is running around the country with a "dream" list of players he wants to take (1 uncontracted player from each team etc) No news there I know, until you actually hear the list. My cousin is on the below list and these names were offered up as a part of the effort to get him to think about going to GWS.

Adelaide, he wants Jonathon Griffen
Brisbane, he wants Ash Mcgrath
Carlton, Joe Anderson (his brother is already there as a 16 year old apparently?)
Collingwood Brad Dick
Essendon, Paddy Ryder
Freo, Michael Johnson
Geelong, Nathan Djerkurra
Hawthorn, wants Buddy and is willing to trade 1st round picks to get him, even if he is still contracted. Also after Cyril as well.
Melbourne, Liam Jurrah
North, Daniel Wells
Port Adelaide, Daniel Motlop
Richmond, Richard Tambling
StKilda, Raph Clarke
Sydney, Adam Goodes - this is where it gets interesting. Throwing the earth at him "whatever it takes" were his words as he is seen as a perfect first captain who sydneysiders will identify with
Western Bulldogs, Jared Harbrow. Are aparently trying everything they can to get him to sign a 1 year deal with the Dogs before the season ends.

Now you don't have to be einstein to realise what makes this wish list unique. They are thinking that marketing wise it;; be gold, and appealing to their players that they can play with their "brothers" every week, with a commitment to taking as many indigenous boys as possible in the future as well. I reckon they think it'll get guys to come to a place not many guys want to go to otherwise locationally) Got to admit it, if he can pull it off, he is a cunning old bastard. Some handy players there! And no don't ask me who my cousin is coz i won't be saying...

no one from west coast? naitanui? kerr? if kerr got through next year unscathed i dont see why he wouldnt be on the list.

sounds like sheedy. would be very hard i think

no one from west coast? naitanui? kerr? if kerr got through next year unscathed i dont see why he wouldnt be on the list.

sounds like sheedy. would be very hard i think
yeah he didnt mention west coast. we did discuss the conversation over a few frofies however (i had the beez knees while he had pineapple juice... haha) but dont recall who he mentioned from WC or if he even did.

Speaking in terms of Jurrah I imagine it would be very difficult to convince him to move. Melbourne have a pretty good indigenous culture at the club, with Davey being the older brother to all the younger boys and from all reports Jurrah and Wonaeamirri are very good mates. Collingwood weren't able to hold on to him because of his homesickness and I can't imagine him wanting to move now that he's settled down and has a good group of indigenous mates at the club.

no doubt sheeds has/will target many in that list with the hope of picking up 3 or 4 of them, which would be the most he could realistically hope for

Looks like sheeds want to put together an indigenous all star team.
Well he tried that at Essendon over his last few years, and failed dismally.

The sooner Choco Williams takes over from Sheeds at GWS, the sooner that team will be successful.

Sheedy will be a coaching disaster for that club, as well as a recruiting one, the only thing he's good for is one liners for publicity.

no doubt sheeds has/will target many in that list with the hope of picking up 3 or 4 of them, which would be the most he could realistically hope for
Yep. And as the previous poster said re Jurrah, might be harder than first thought to get them all or even half of them to go. Imagine if he did though. A side with say Jurrah and Motlop, Dick (very under rated imo) and Buddy in the front half, Goodes might run at CHB and Johnson (who i reckon is SO underated) at FB. then you got Mcgrath playing quarterback. Wells, Harbrow and Tambling playing on the ball... be an exciting side to watch i reckon. Could JUST about carry Raph even...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He want's Joe Anderson from Carlton ??? A fringe player who will more than likely be delisted at the end of the year ??? I would offer him an extra year to ensure that he is the player Carlton lost to the GWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry

i plead ignorant/idiot/stupid then racist though. i could have sworn i heard someone say naitanui or kerr was, maybe they were misinformed like me

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheedy's grand plan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back