Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Aston Villa
To most people your beloved Bombers are still seen as a team of talented Marshmallows!
What has changed since the Marshmallow era...nothing! You recruited Johnson and ah...that's about it.

You still have 'pretty boy' Lloyd.
You still have 'flower pot' Hird.
You still have 'lets all run around like a poonse' Long.
You still have 'weak' Fletcher
You still have 'crybaby' Bewick
You still have 'ooh my arse is sore' Caracella and Ramanauskas and heaps more.

People the Marshamallows are a thing of the past, you might've got a little bit stronger, but the list hasn't changed all that much!

Big Pooh Pimpy

You are an idiot.

Bewick retired
eek.gif

bewick ? he is retired, I take youre big mouth comments with a grain of salt you idiot as you obviously dont know anything about footy to be able to comment on it

Ok, Bewicks gone and you've picked up John Barnes, WOW!! Makes a HUGE difference.

I never said you were a shit team, just that you're not as tough as some people think you are.

Essendon have some of the biggest pansies running around for them it's not funny.

Well, were not exactly the hardest team going around, we don't have the pansies (Hird, Lloyd, Long) running around like Essendon do, but were lacking some tougher players.

At least Schwarta had a go and if Grgic had have connected on Hird it would've been goodnight.

You idiot.

Johnston
Johnston
Solomon
Hardwick
Barnard
Wallis
Barnes

That's 7 out of 21 genuine hard nut enforcers.

Would not want to take on any of these guys at a pub fight...

We may have plenty of skill players but I would defy you to name a tougher team at prez.

I reckon North are tougher than Essendon.
All Essendons rougher players arent overly skilled.
North have Carey, Archer, Stevens, King, Martyn who are 5 of the toughest in the AFL and 5 of the best as well. They also have players like McKernan, Sinclair and Colbert who aren't exactly the toughest, but arent weak either.

Im not matching Norths skill to Essendon, because Essendon have a lot more depth, I'm matching there toughness.

Wallis is gone, all Barnard can do is fight, Barnes isn't gonna scare anyone, the Johnsons and Solomon are still pretty young and won't intimidate a Paul Kelly or a Michael Voss. That just leaves you with Damien Hardwick who is getting on in age.

Alessio is another poonse.

can you believe this guy ???? wallis is not gone ! he is there still, essendon without a doubt have the toughest team in the league, just look at what they did to the kangaroos 4 times last year and the year before ! They won with superior footy skill and intimidation and since after the marshmallow final essendon have intimidated north

North were intimidated by Essendons overall evenness accross the field. They couldnt match it.

Name another team that have 7 players that would even come close to matching Carey, Martyn, Archer, King, Pickett, Stevens and McCartney in toughness. If North were more even they'd be way stronger than Essendon.

You people have it belted into your heads that Essendon is the toughest team ever, because they went through the season with only one loss in one of the weakest years in the history of footy. Put the 2000 Essendon team in season 91' or 92' and maybe they wouldn't have done so well.

[This message has been edited by BIG POPPA PUMP (edited 18 January 2001).]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BSA

Just because he got poleaxed, doesn't mean he's not tough. It just means he got poleaxed !

Hardwick's attack on the footy is as ferocious as it gets. It's "Paul kelly" like. If you actully took the time to watch Hardwick play, you would see what mean. It doesn't matter how tough you are......if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, you're gonna get knocked out aren't you !

So, what's your problem, with Hradwick ? He's clearly one of the toughest players in the AFL.

Just a note in defence or Barnard (He used to be a Hawk !)
He may be a tough nut but he's turnedinto a handy skill player too.

I think his overall and especially his second half performance in the GF made him a very close second to hirdy Baby for the Norm Smith

Perhaps an underrated player.

Barnard isn't much, he's playing reasonably well because of the skilled players around him. If he wasnt a thug I doubt whether he'd get a game.

yeah - I reckon he's pretty useful too, I dunno if they exactly 'underate' him at Bomberland but he certainly doesn't get the attention nor kudos of some their other, er, more high profile players.

Certainly when the bombers played at the SCG last July he was a real standout, just about the only one of their's that put in a good, consistent, 4 quarter effort.

I was pretty impressed, but that was easy because the rest of them were a little AWOL that day and Barnard really stood out.

cheers

If I remember correctly, Essendon were rated the toughest team in the competition in a survey of the players. I think Archer and Martyn were rated the toughest individual players but overall Essendon the toughest team.

It's easy for us to pass comment on who we think is the toughest, but I think the guys who are actually on the paddock getting belted around would have a better idea.

I can't believe some of the stuff that's been posted in here.
Damien Hardwick soft? Come off it! The guy is one of the most fearless players in the game (he's also an All Australian defender). His attack on the ball is ferocious and has good skills. Yeah, he got poleaxed in Sydney. But he didn't complain, got up and got on with the game. Getting up after being crunched is a sign of toughness in itself.

'All Barnard can do is fight' What a lot of rot. The guy kicked 4 goals in a Grand Final.
Sure he may lack a little polish at times,but he's very versatile and always gives 100 per-cent. Who ever plays on Barny knows they've been in a contest. I can assure you,he is not underrated by Essendon supporters.

'Wallis is gone' Bollocks! Wally is playing the best footy of his career. Has his detractors, but his presence in the team cannot be underestimated. Took McKernan apart twice and beat Schwarz during the season and in the Grand Final.

where's wally?

If Essendon are pansies I wish we had been so soft for more years. And if we are soft what does that make the rest of them especially Norff who gave us 125 reasons to show thier soft underbelly.

Why argue with the idiot???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back