Sheffield Shield Game 1: South Australia v Tasmania @ Adelaide (Tues - Fri)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Smith in the runs.

Disappointing it took a while to clean up the tail again. We're just incapable of completely demolishing a tail.
Getting rid of the tail has been a problem for a little while now. Without Tait playing 4 day cricket, I dont think it'll get any better. Good to see Smith bring up his ton though!:thumbsu:

Smith out for 116, but with Cosgrove and Cooper both at the crease, the scoring shouldn't stop any time soon. I wouldn't mind them calling stumps though, last thing the Redbacks need is to lose another wicket....

As for Tait, I think he is focusing on limited overs cricket for time time being. And depending on how his body is feeling later on in the season, then they'll start thinking about the longer form of the game. So basically, I think they are working him into it.

Smith more than continued his form, just a shame Cooper still hasn't made a score in FC. Nice to see Krejza being economical while taking wickets.

We're getting done by the bye.

At least Krejza seems to be bowling well, 3 for 43 off 18 on a pitch SA left their spinner out.

Remind us why Baily is not picked, SA reall make some really stupid decisions, this one takes the cake!

Have you not looked at the scorecard? Because all of the Redback bowlers took wickets and bowled very economically. Clearly our seamers were able to get the job done, and at this stage it looks like a good decision to leave Bailey out, particularly given how the weather looks to be going over the next few days....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you not looked at the scorecard? Because all of the Redback bowlers took wickets and bowled very economically. Clearly our seamers were able to get the job done, and at this stage it looks like a good decision to leave Bailey out, particularly given how the weather looks to be going over the next few days....

Anyone can beat Tassie this year (sorry Tassie supporters but lets face it). I mean for crying out loud Cosgrove got wickets against this mob! Not playing Bailey is dumb- look at Kreija's figures for starters and also lets not forget that the states have an obligation to help Australia find a spinner! How is Bailey or Dan Cullen going to improve if they are not playing?

I wonder how many of Krezja's wickets were good balls v pies (luck). Cooper's wickets seems like it was a pie...

nonetheless, good return in a 2nd innings for a spinner...

Krezja's wickets:

Over 97.6: Krejza to Cleary, no run, OUT, pushes forward and edges to slip - 9/332

Over 62.1: Krejza to Cooper, no run, OUT, short, tries to pull and gets a top edge - Geeves runs back and takes a great catch at backward square leg - 4/223

Over 58.2: Krejza to Smith, no run, OUT, tries to sweep and gets a top edge to Geeves at backward square leg, the end of a top knock - 3/203 well played Smith

Over 40.3: Krejza to Klinger, no run, OUT, tries to drive and leaves a gap between bat and pad which Krejza finds, hitting Klinger's off stump - a much needed wicket for Tas, SA 2/125

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Shield Game 1: South Australia v Tasmania @ Adelaide (Tues - Fri)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back