Sheffield Shield Game 12: Tasmania v Western Australia @ Hobart (Tue-Fri)

Tipping Comp

• Tasmania by an innings/10 wickets/300+ runs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tasmania by 7-9 wickets/200-299 runs

• Tasmania by 4-6 wickets/100-199 runs

• Tasmania by 1-3 wickets/1-99 runs

• No outright, Tasmania first innings points

• Anything else

• No outright, WA first innings points

• WA by 1-3 wickets/1-99 runs

• WA by 4-6 wickets/100-199 runs

• WA by 7-9 wickets/200-299 runs

• WA by an innings/10 wickets/300+ runs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

347 off 85 appears a pretty tough task. Expect to see Tassie go for it early but once 3 wickets are down and we are not within 200 runs then I'd expect us to shut up shop.

Cowan, Doolan and Bailey the key. One of them will need to make a ton.

347 off 85 appears a pretty tough task. Expect to see Tassie go for it early but once 3 wickets are down and we are not within 200 runs then I'd expect us to shut up shop.

Cowan, Doolan and Bailey the key. One of them will need to make a ton.

And Wells wikll have to anchor, it's a must but he cant play a slow innings either, he needs to find ways top put these guys on strike. If he's out of form he cant rotate the strike than perhpas we need to be looking at Birt or Robbie Dilger.

We will chase this to Bailey goes. If thats eraly we will shut up shop like Ken says.

good on Voges declaring when he did, a lot of captains would have got to 100 first rather then giving the game a better chance of a result

good on Voges declaring when he did, a lot of captains would have got to 100 first rather then giving the game a better chance of a result

Yep, must say I misread there body language last night. Good work by Voges putting the game ahead of himself.

Tassie off to a solid start. Expect to see them just try and make it too lunch without much concern for the run rate. The 2nd session will have a big say in the result. If Tassie get to tea only 2 or 3 wickets down, the chase will be on and I'll be headed to Bellerive.

Nice way to stay on topic. Thanks for the implied anger too. Chill. You don't agree I get it. Move on. Next please. I don't have enough time to answer all your hate.

Ahem you asked for a more detailed answer so I gave you one. No hate or anger here. Just because you don't like the more detailed answer you don't have go sooking about it. :thumbsu:

Appreciate the thought.:thumbsu:

Went and caught the last session yesterday, coincidentally the first time the lights have been used in a first-class game at Bellerive, and was bored to death by Marsh and Voges.

They showed absolutely no attacking initiative and were happy to plod along, only dispatching the bad balls from George Bailey and the occassional long-hop by Krejza. Seemed pretty poor form at the time but now looking at the score, WA lead by 267, and with play to get under way at 10:06am this morning there may be 100 overs played today (lose a couple due to change in innings assuming WA set Tassie a target). However, the pitch has shown nothing, and I would have thought WA would need close to 100 overs to bowl a team out (providing Tassie batted similiarly to the 1st innings), therefore last night was the opportunity to go the tonk and set Tassie 360 on the last day (Ronchi could have got them near that).

Not sure what WA are thinking, but I'm not convinced they are looking to give Tassie a chance and are happy with the 2 points and will have a crack at bowling Tassie out in 60-70 overs chasing close to 400.

P.S. The weather looks fine this morning and I would imagine we will get a full days play.

thats the way WA have played all season mate, we have been so plain boring its unfunny, batting all shield matches at around 3 an over, tom moody has absolute no idea to coach this side

Ahem you asked for a more detailed answer so I gave you one. No hate or anger here. Just because you don't like the more detailed answer you don't have go sooking about it. :thumbsu:

Classic response. You will go far in life. Or should I ask for some tissues?

Leaving alot to be done in this final session. I can not see much chance of a result now.

Doolans dismissal hurt but if Bailey stays for two hours than Tassie can still win this.

And though it sounds hard if Tassie go for the win get close and than lose a bundle than so are the West.

FWIW Tassie must try and win this.

Declaring 150 behind and we need points. 0 points out of this game is meaningless for us obviously so we should go for broke at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Shield Game 12: Tasmania v Western Australia @ Hobart (Tue-Fri)

Back