Sheffield Shield Game 7: New South Wales v Tasmania @ Sydney (Tue-Fri)

Remove this Banner Ad

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :D:D:D:D:D
Once again I point you to the last 16 overs of the Tasmanian innings, which was clearly stat boosting

Also I would think Katich once suggesting that the opposition team declare 200 runs behind is him trying to win.

Yes but ruling out the other team, I would not of minded if their was a declaration with even 15 overs left and 150 to get, that would of been interesting. But being in the positon to do that and not, i.e. NSW could not win so they won't let another team win? Its not good for the game.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong Katich is a good captain, just this is the one thing that annoys me about his captaining. I would rather Tassie lose 10 games outright than play 10 pointless draws.

But being in the positon to do that and not, i.e. NSW could not win so they won't let another team win? Its not good for the game.

Yeah but it's good for NSW. Why declare just so Tassie have a chance of winning? That's just stupid.

Was Tasmania's pointless final 16 overs good for the game? They could have set NSW in for the last hour of the day, made some breakthroughs and put some panic into NSW. Instead they left their tail to collaspe. If you're gonna criticise anyone criticise Bailey.

And the rain that has been around Sydney since 2:30 would have prevented a win from happening anyway.

Yeah but it's good for NSW. Why declare just so Tassie have a chance of winning? That's just stupid.

Was Tasmania's pointless final 16 overs good for the game? They could have set NSW in for the last hour of the day, made some breakthroughs and put some panic into NSW. Instead they left their tail to collaspe. If you're gonna criticise anyone criticise Bailey.

And the rain that has been around Sydney since 2:30 would have prevented a win from happening anyway.

Exactly that would not of happened under Marsh.

I'm not critisicing anyone but Bailey had the right idea. The idea was to build a lead and see If Kreja could put the heat on the last day and take the win that way. They started upping the run rate for the lower order to fail. Run chases at the SCG are notoriously hard so starting the third innings and your due to bat last its good to have a surplus rather than starting even.

Baileys tactics correct for the SCG. Run chase too small for NSW to declare and give Tas a one day style run chase which there good at.

Somtimes games just happen this way, no point bitching about it all.

No one is criticising Bailey, he chose the option that gave NSW no chance of winning, but also precluded them from setting Tassie a target. That's fair enough. But it's deluded to think Katich is in the wrong for not allowing Tassie to have a chance at winning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Shield Game 7: New South Wales v Tasmania @ Sydney (Tue-Fri)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back