Certified Legendary Thread Shhhhhh Shhhhh Shhhhh Shhhhhhh

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Exclusive**** Pose your questions about 2011 Fixture & Shhhhh will answer before draw is announc

Shhhhh, Do you know how many Sunday games we have ?

Re: Exclusive**** Pose your questions about 2011 Fixture & Shhhhh will answer before draw is announc

Thanks Shhhhh! Another question if you don't mind? The West Coast and Brisbane games in Tassie, are they Sat or Sun please?

Ghalls
Our games in Tassie vs West Coast, Suns and Brisbane are all Saturday at 2:10 whilst North is Sunday at 2:10. Note also that West Coast and Brisbane are FOX games with Suns C10 and North C7.

Thanks Shhhhh I think I now have our 4 trips planned. Hoping to confirm tomorrow! Go Hawks!!!!!!

LP - The good teams go out there each week and find a way to win regardless of the venue or competition; the draw shouldn't be of concern. Bring on 2011

This draw doesn't sound ideal at all. 5 interstate trips, play only one of the big 3 as a home game and it's essendon (by round 13 most of their fans will have dropped off and be calling for hirds head). 3 friday night games is a pretty good result I guess. Oh and Sydney in Sydney, we may as well not bother turning up for that fixture.

How many saturday afternoon MCG games do we have?

How it looks atm

1 Interstate
4 Eagles (Tassie)
5 Geelong
6 Bye
7 Port (Away AAMI)
8 Saints (Home)
9 Sydney (Away SCG)
10 Dogs (Away)
13 Suns (Tassie)
14 Essendon (Home)
15 Collingwood (away)
16 Brisbane (Tassie)
17 Bye
19 Fremantle (Away)
20 North (Tassie)
22 Carlton (Away - Etihad)
23 Dogs (home)
24 Suns (Away)

Round 19/20 is a beauty - off to Perth return and then off to Tassie :eek:

Which games will be replacement games - glad it's you guys paying big bucks for a membership

IF we're good enough we'll do well, no matter how favourable the draw.

Looking forward to the club's response as presumably we would have had to receive a fair few number of our draw requests.

Hit 'em hard Hawkers 2011!

How many MCG games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn't looking so good

7 Port (Away AAMI)
8 Saints (Home)
9 Sydney (Away SCG)
10 Dogs (Away)

throw in

5 Geelong
6 Bye

before it and it doesn't make it any easier.
If rounds 11 and 12 are against any good teams we're going to have to be switched on in this part of the season

LP - The good teams go out there each week and find a way to win regardless of the venue or competition; the draw shouldn't be of concern. Bring on 2011

I hear ya CM - and from my reckoning we normally have pretty ordinary years when we have a 'good' draw (2002 stands out from memory, 2009 also).

The things I base it on are:
Number of Friday night games: 3 - this is really average
Amount of travel: high, but as you said if we're good enough we'll get there
Games against the big drawing clubs: we only play Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood once each!

I just hope we can score a few wins in the first month to get a bit of momentum up.

I hear ya CM - and from my reckoning we normally have pretty ordinary years when we have a 'good' draw (2002 stands out from memory, 2009 also).

The things I base it on are:
Number of Friday night games: 3 - this is really average
Amount of travel: high, but as you said if we're good enough we'll get there
Games against the big drawing clubs: we only play Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood once each!

I just hope we can score a few wins in the first month to get a bit of momentum up.

LP, we choose to travel to Tassie. Otherwise, it would be 5 plane trips for the year....

Freo at the 'G - first time ever.

and here is the rest
1 Adelaide (away)
2 Melbourne MCG (home)
3 Richmond MCG (away)
4 Eagles (Tassie)
5 Geelong
6 Bye
7 Port (Away AAMI)

8 Saints (Home)
9 Sydney (Away SCG)
10 Dogs (Away)
11 Fremantle MCG (home)
12 Geelong MCG (away)

Worst case we need to be 3 and 3 after Rnd 7 since Rnds 8-12 looks nasty.

LP, we choose to travel to Tassie. Otherwise, it would be 5 plane trips for the year....

It's still a lot of travel. I'd consider that we'd be afforded fewer interstate games on the basis that we vacate the MCG for 4 games more than any other MCG tenant.

In terms of interstate trips (exc Tas) 4 would be considered a dream (Collingwood) draw, 6 a horror draw and 5 fairly standard.

It's just a killer trying to back up from a subi match at Tassie the next week.

Looks a soft-ish run home, which is good.

We should know early on. If we're not 4-0, we're not fair dinkum.

Its a pretty easy start which is good. I know form can change pretty quickly but our first 4 games are against pretty average teams, all of which were bottom 6 teams. Then we play Geelong who would have already played St Kilda, plus away games against Sydney and Fremantle. We then get a bye and then Port Adelaide.

We are a chance at starting the season 5-0 and if we do then we should make top 4. If we go 2-3, we are in trouble.

What a shit draw!

Correct me If Im wrong but we have only TWO Saturday afternoon games at the G!!!

What a disgrace.

And these two games come in the final four rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back