Should draft positions be finalized based on the ladder and not the outcomes of finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was a bit dismayed to find out we will be getting the last pick despite finishing 7th in the h/a season.

I would have thought the h/a season is more relevant for the determination of the draft order as the large sample of games determines more accurately the strength of the side.

This shouldn't be overridden by finals results as the limited number of games combined with the knockout factor means the best team doesn't necessarily win.

If a weaker side wins the premiership, the draft as it currently stands doesn't equitably distribute the picks

Thoughts?

I was a bit dismayed to find out we will be getting the last pick despite finishing 7th in the h/a season.

I would have thought the h/a season is more relevant for the determination of the draft order as the large sample of games determines more accurately the strength of the side.

This shouldn't be overridden by finals results as the limited number of games combined with the knockout factor means the best team doesn't necessarily win.

If a weaker side wins the premiership, the draft as it currently stands doesn't equitably distribute the picks

Thoughts?
GTFO
You will already bring in bob Murphy, wallis, suckling,Crameri and probably Cloke next year.

Pretty hard done by

Improving your draft position by 6 places? Just enjoy your flag

Short Answer: NO

Longer Answer: More handouts, **** off.....what more do you want? The ****ing world as well.

Last edited:

Thoughts?
You've just won a premiership & this is what you write !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts?

The draft has been going for 30 years, and you're only realising this now?

Considering there was bugger all between 1-7th all year not sure why this should be the case.

We slid to pick 13 despite technically finishing 9th in 2013 (which worked out ok with Cripps)

Really bad thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will probably ask for more form the equalisation fund, they will need to do some decorating at the kennel!

They already get enough as is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should draft positions be finalized based on the ladder and not the outcomes of finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back