Should Fev jump ship before it's too late?

Remove this Banner Ad

SurreyBlue said:
Oh pleaseeee:rolleyes:

No you're right. Fevola had me in stiches in the car. Pagan has not a worry in the world. He had the look of a broken man at his press conference the poor ba$****. Looked like he'd been coaching richmond!!!! Frawley aged 20 years in 5 years.

I guess i really should start listing Saints players who have wasted their careers for the last 40 years ...after i have listed them i will list the Richmond players who have and are wasting their careers .....nah bugger it you just think of the good players who played with the Saints and Tigers who have won jack schitt in their lifetime ...theres plenty

irukandji said:
No way, Fev's staying at Carlton. They had him on E-bay without a reserve last trade period and only got one half-interested nibble and no bid from Richmond. No-one will touch him.

Given that he signed a contract for a reputed $500K per season, I'm not surprised there weren't many bites. Once they signed that bloated contract they had no chance of offloading him as nobody else could afford to match it.

Fevola and Carlton had protracted negotiations over his current contract. It he was going to go it would have been last off season. I hear he’s on pretty good money after a bit of real interest and bit of contract fluffing interest.

Vader said:
Given that he signed a contract for a reputed $500K per season, I'm not surprised there weren't many bites. Once they signed that bloated contract they had no chance of offloading him as nobody else could afford to match it.

IMO, Haw, Melb, Kangas, Rich, Geel, Bris, WBull, Crows, Port, Freo and WC would all pay $500K for Fevola.
Those underlined would probably pay more.
Those in bold could win a flag if they had him

Blues_Man said:
I guess i really should start listing Saints players who have wasted their careers for the last 40 years ...after i have listed them i will list the Richmond players who have and are wasting their careers .....nah bugger it you just think of the good players who played with the Saints and Tigers who have won jack schitt in their lifetime ...theres plenty
except neither team was a complete and utter rabble. Sure we showed signs at times but never to the extent of you guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

milnedog44 said:
except neither team was a complete and utter rabble. Sure we showed signs at times but never to the extent of you guys.
ha ha ha not a rabble !!! ...26 spoons and history says otherwise ...are you 2 years old ??? your team has been rabble off and on for the last 40 fecking years !!

Blues_Man said:
ha ha ha not a rabble !!! ...26 spoons and history says otherwise ...are you 2 years old ??? your team has been rabble off and on for the last 40 fecking years !!
I've never seen more controversy at a club within 5 years in my lifetime, and it looks as if it will be around for a while.

;) I knew you would be the first on to that little gem, you or slurrey.

milnedog44 said:
I've never seen more controversy at a club within 5 years in my lifetime, and it looks as if it will be around for a while.

so your 5 years old ...you weren't around when the aints supporters were tin rattling outside the MCG trying to save their destitute club ...no wonder you have NFI

milnedog44 said:

1983 St Kilda - Wooden Spoon
1984 St Kilda - Wooden Spoon
1985 St Kilda - Wooden Spoon
1986 St Kilda - Wooden Spoon
Missed out in 1987 but got back there in 1988.
Traded Russell Greene for 3 Hawthorn duds. Took the VFL to court to get Foschini to Moorabbin, followed it up with Paul Morwood. Relied on creditors generosity to survive as an entity. That was only the '80s. There are several other decades we could talk about. Just as an example, what a great trade Ian Stewart for Bill Barrot was. Controversy, mediocre performances St Kilda have had a mortgage on this for longer than any other club. Credit where credit is due, they certainly had the Social Club with the most action during the 70s & 80s. Some fantastic performances by the Saints' players on a Saturday night.

At least when we were a rabble in the 80's, our players weren't physically pushed around like the soft-***** that currently parade around in navy blue.

No doubt football has changed, but the team Carlton fielded on the weekend are an embarrassment to what we like to think is a contact sport. The Australian Netball team would run through them like crepe paper.

No skill, no heart and worst of all, no balls!

Remove this Banner Ad

Should Fev jump ship before it's too late?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back