Should the Anzac day clash be untrollable?

Remove this Banner Ad

No - it's just a confected tradition that's helped to raise awareness.
I absolutely agree. I was always saying that, and I think it's pretty sad that it has to come down to an AFL game being played to help honour a tradition. However, I now think that anything that helps keep this day special should be supported, no matter what it is

I'm sure our western Australian comrades will be treating their game as an ANZAC day clash. Hence my point still stands

I'm sure our western Australian comrades will be treating their game as an ANZAC day clash. Hence my point still stands
I am quite comfortable believing "The Anzac day clash" will be interpreted by most as Collingwood V Essendon, after all....They do play it EVERY Anzac day :thumbsu:

I am quite comfortable believing "The Anzac day clash" will be interpreted by most as Collingwood V Essendon, after all....They do play it EVERY Anzac day :thumbsu:

I interpreted it as all 3 games played on ANZAC Day. Why should one game be exempt but others on the same day not be?
Don't be scared... Freo will go easy on you and only win by 60pts.

I interpreted it as all 3 games played on ANZAC Day. Why should one game be exempt but others on the same day not be?
So how many games get played when Anzac day falls on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday ??

Because Freo fans and Saints fans don't fap themselves silly about their games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No - it's just a confected tradition that's helped to raise awareness.

How the **** has the Anzac game raised awareness for ****ing ANZAC Day?

It's the most important day on the calendar for any Australian FFS unless you follow AFL you are barely even aware there's even an ANZAC day game.

That's like saying cricket raised awareness for boxing day.

What does a game of footy have to do with remembering those who served? Only channel 7 and ******s try and conflate the ideas that the players are warriors and hero's as well. Load of shit.
We all know this....But it has helped make people become more aware.

Nobody in here is saying that it's right, but unfortunately, a game of AFL has coincided with Anzac Day becoming bigger and more appreciated than it's ever been.

How the **** has the Anzac game raised awareness for ******* ANZAC Day?

It's the most important day on the calendar for any Australian FFS unless you follow AFL you are barely even aware there's even an ANZAC day game.

That's like saying cricket raised awareness for boxing day.
Dude.....You are missing the point. Nobody believes that its right, but unfortunately it is factual. I remember Anzac days in the 80's, early 90's.....It was sad, most kids wouldn't even know what ANZAC stood for. The power of AFL is too big in most people's lives, so as soon as a symbolic ame was cemented, the w***ers got right behind the whole concept of the day again

All for raising awareness but it's not the AFL's holy day as it's not about the AFL or footy.

As an ex serviceman I'll never attend a football game on this day only as my day is spent attending services, catching up with old comrades, discussing with them old times and mates and family who never made it home (or made it home but still live the war every night in their dreams) over a beer or two at an RSL.

All for the games being played but lets keep it real and about our service men and women, out footy's holy day is in September.

I reckon if footy can raise awareness for the great day that Anzac day is, and be used to educate kids, then I'm all for it. And I can't recall any coach ever saying or liking this game to be anything remotely like anything diggers went through.
Enjoy the day and remember why we have it. For me personally this day is the biggie. Forget Australia day, today is the reason our country is as great as it is.

What does a game of footy have to do with remembering those who served? Only channel 7 and ******s try and conflate the ideas that the players are warriors and hero's as well. Load of shit.

Nick Maxwell loves belting out the analogies. Mick Malthouse's assertion that they'd let the ANZACs down showed how little self awareness the man has.

My pet hate is the ANZAC Medal, and the way it's some accolade for a player to be proud of. It's a game of footy, it has nothing to do with the commemoration of sacrifice, so stop pretending it's a medal of any significance.

I reckon if footy can raise awareness for the great day that Anzac day is, and be used to educate kids, then I'm all for it. And I can't recall any coach ever saying or liking this game to be anything remotely like anything diggers went through.
Enjoy the day and remember why we have it. For me personally this day is the biggie. Forget Australia day, today is the reason our country is as great as it is.
Exactly.....Could not have said it better myself:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Should the Anzac day clash be untrollable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back