Preview Side vs Bombers RD 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Great inclusions, I'm glad to an extent Ball has this 'niggle' as he was the player who I thought needed a rest the most. Whilst Reidy and Leon will love a week-off.

Hopefully we can get an early kill tommorow, looking at Essendon's inclusions, they seem to have given up hope for this year.

Win the match early, rest our key players late in the game (Swanny to HBF, great for the DT) and blood Medhurst, Blair, Beams, Sidebottom into the middle.

Re: Tean vs Bombers

I get some of the changes.....

Brown (KPD) for Reid (KPD)
Blair (Inside Mid) for Ball (Inside Mid)
Medhurst (Small Classy forward) for Leon (see medhurst)

But what the #*%& is lockyer in the side for? :eek:

Why not The Sack for Buckley (Running defender)???

I'd be looking at off loading Lockyer at the end of the year to try and get Tarrant back from Freo! :cool:

We had an extra defender last week considering Geelong played 3 tall forwards.

Just push Shaw back into Goldsack's spot, no need to type for type him. I would have preferred to see Jmac over Lockyer for sure though, they obviously don't wanna rush him back this time though (but shouldn't over look Lockyer was our best performed in the Goos, so he earnt his recall).

Be better off just giving us the four points and changing this one to a bye for both teams I reckon, save us the hassle and save Knights the humiliating defeat.

We had an extra defender last week considering Geelong played 3 tall forwards.

Just push Shaw back into Goldsack's spot, no need to type for type him. I would have preferred to see Jmac over Lockyer for sure though, they obviously don't wanna rush him back this time though (but shouldn't over look Lockyer was our best performed in the Goos, so he earnt his recall).

Be better off just giving us the four points and changing this one to a bye for both teams I reckon, save us the hassle and save Knights the humiliating defeat.

No doubt he played really well in the 2's but at AFL level he lacks that little bit of polish and drops to many marks for me...

I was thinking if Presti pulls the pin and N.Brown isn't ready it might not be a bad option at Full back for 2 years....

Nate will be ready don't worry. He just needs time in the seniors and he'll get his continuity in our back 6 structure. We don't need Taz.

We've got a few injured **cough** rest ** cough**. Reid looks the only longer term (2-3 weeks) injury ** cough** cough **.

Not worried to see Tarks in. He would have been the 4th in. Nate always coming in for Reidy and Blair & Medders were next in line.

getting a bit pissed off about Leon.
Once again he's out with an injury when clearly out of form and dropped.

Instead of being pissed at Leon, be happy that 3 or 4 are getting an opportunity to put their hand up. This has been done well with a lot of thought. I'm just enjoying the ride and hope the new boys instill a bit of urgency tomorrow tonight into a game we could easily drop.

We won't be resting anyone, we'll pick our best 22 every week

images

Out: Ben Reid (quad), Leon Davis (quad), Luke Ball (hip), Tyson Goldsack (ankle)

gorillasmidv1.jpg

I think all these changes are completely sensible.

We have to rest some players with niggles and have to get games into others who are our depth. They lose too much touch for the speed of the game if they are too long in the VFL.

I think the changes will also add urgency to our team as they will all be desperate to impress with the finals coming up. I think this is all great list management.

And another thing, that Essenson team looks really really weak. I doubt we could lose even if we tried!

The way Medders carried on last week in the VFL was a disgrace, this will be his late chance to reclaim his spot in the side or he wont be on out list next season...

I agree Kirby, the changes will add a little more urgency to the side, if anything.

Imagine what Lockyer, Meds, Blair and Brown are thinking, or even a Sidebottom, Toovey, Johnson or Dawes, going into the final 3 rounds.

There are about 15 players who if fit, are absolutely certs to play week 1 of the finals, and then there are about 12 players fighting for the last 6-7 places in the side.

The inclusions will be desperate to keep their place, while the players already in the side won't want to "slacken off" for fear of being dropped.

I wouldn't even want to be "rested", remember the Derek Kickett or Simon Taylor stories.

We will win this week, as I've said all week, it get's harder every week from now on in, Essendon (piss easy), Adelaide (easy), Hawthorn (competitive and capable of anything on their day).

We'll win, easily.:thumbsu:

I've actually heard that there is a Pringles can that is tearing it apart down there at training who has actually leapt in front of Josh in terms of ability and heart.

Doesn't bode well for the big #25.

I never underestimated the tap work of the Pringles can...in fact the Westpac Centre has been buzzing about it and think it has easily covered the Wood...unfortunately it was "gutted" by LeRoy and missed out due to losing too much "weight"

Fraser was promised a 200th and this week would of been perfect for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never underestimated the tap work of the Pringles can...in fact the Westpac Centre has been buzzing about it and think it has easily covered the Wood...unfortunately it was "gutted" by LeRoy and missed out due to losing too much "weight"
I hear they are trying to keep the lid on the Pringles can, which is why it's not getting a game in case someone knocks it off.

What happened Lazyboy?

Please fill us in....

Medders was very abuse towards his team mates, swearing at them ect....

Very disappointed in his attitude and overall body language..

Played shocking, actually he plaid like a millionaire and thought he was too good to be out there, when in actual fact made zero positive impact on the game..

I hope he steps up and smashes it in the ones, but if he can't then I doubt he will last or want another season at VFL level...

Fraser was promised a 200th and this week would of been perfect for him

Um, NO.

This week would have been terrible to bring Fraser in.

Essendon, if they have nothing else, have 2 ruckman, and 2 ruckman who have smashed Fraser in the past.

Next week is the game to play Josh, he can play as the no.2 ruck when Maric and Jolly go out of the ruck, Adelaide's 2nd ruckman is young and developing (Griffen) but not exactly star worthy yet.

I'd consider resting Dawes or Leeroy next week, for Fraser.

I actually hope Josh plays his 200th next week.

Nice changes, clearly starting to rest up players for finals which is the right thing to do imo. Should still beat Essendon easy with that side, the inclusions will all be hungry to keep their spots.

I am abit disapointed with all these changes because lets say Lockeyer and Blair just kill it in the next two or three games it will be tough to get in Luke Ball and Leon Davis back in the team and they didnt deserve to be dropped in the first place.

I am abit disapointed with all these changes because lets say Lockeyer and Blair just kill it in the next two or three games it will be tough to get in Luke Ball and Leon Davis back in the team and they didnt deserve to be dropped in the first place.
They weren't dropped, Leon has been struggling with a groin/upper thigh injury for most of the year, while Ball needed a rest before the finals for his groin and hips to recuperate and refresh before the finals.

Goldy has an injury also (didn't train all week) and Ben Reid was never going to play after injuring himself last week.

Ball will get back in, no matter how well anyone plays, and Leon will too, it's the likes of Sidebottom, Johnson, Toovey and MaCaffer that are the players in danger if Meds, Lockyer or Blair "fire".

And that's a pretty strong position to be in, when your bottom 4 players are still bloody good footballers, some in career best form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back