Sign Here - Im getting Bradd Dalziell!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Dalziell fails. Call it sour grapes but I simply cannot, do not, will not ever, see what would compel someone to spend 400,000+ on a rookie who had only played a few senior games when in the same price bracket were players like Gibbs, Stanton, Cross, Kane, Swan.
Sucked in to you and the rest of the haters. Razzle dazzle is on his way to a ton :thumbsu:

Fortune favours the brave :D

EDIT: currently on 101, and this is against Sydney!!!
weeeeee :D

As a junior = Ball Magnet
In the WAFl = Ball Magnet
Few games in the AFL = Ball Magnet

Breaks S.Blacks Beep test in first pre-season = Harder to tag
In the NAB cup = Ball Magnet

I'm starting to notice something.......

Hate away but this guy is built for DT.

yeah dont worry mate its just jealously.. there just trying to justify not picking him up.. need to move with the times.. they don't understand that rookies can be ready made these days to hit the ground running to have a immediate impact.. ala rhys palmer/daziell/rich... I would expect there to be at least 1 or 2 mature age rookies like dalziel to pop up every year now.. the learning curve to senior footy isnt what it once was in the past.. You need to take the risk with these players other wise you'll be left behind in the dust.. and turn into player haters, wishing they go down with injury..

But in saying that there have been better players at cheaper prices so far this year than daziell. Judd and Gibbs... but its early days.. see what there averaging midway into the season.. I would expect triple D to on top by then.. with 100+.. In picking dalziel i saw him as underpriced.. hes like kane cornes.. a underpriced premium..

Triple Ds only 3 PPG behind his average now.. dont see him dropping alot.. easily make that up next game.. if not up his price.. I wasnt too miffed at his last two scores.. as i was expecting a points drop.. due to cartlon and sydney negating game style.. thats going to happen to every player that plays these teams.

Go on I dare you to cash in early your richs, robinsons, to get dalziell next week.. just to take advantage of his lil price dive.. i doubt anyone will do it.. and after that it will be too late.. If you werent willing to take the risk with him from the start i doubt you would be willing to buy him in.. perfect for the rest of us that have from the start :) love the razzle..

Go on I dare you to cash in early your richs, robinsons, to get dalziell next week.. just to take advantage of his lil price dive.. i doubt anyone will do it.. and after that it will be too late.. If you werent willing to take the risk with him from the start i doubt you would be willing to buy him in.. perfect for the rest of us that have from the start :) love the razzle..
his drop will only be about 10k. If he scored 86 his drop according to ffgenie was meant to be about 18k, but since he got 101 points, it wont be as much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's interesting the discussion about Daziell...a mate of mine has being giving me heaps at work about this pick. He hasn't done his homework. I have. I also won our league the last two years!:D

Originally Posted by 54Dogs
Priced at 95, averaging 91

Going south :thumbsdown:

lol whoopee 4 ppw short. Can easily be made up in one game.

Spot all the people who dont have Dalziell :D

I'd be disappointed in a keeper who wasn't pulling his average. I'm disappointed in Selwood so why would Dalziel not be the same. Surely you don't pick a premium to drop in average.

Anyway, his B/E next week will be around 143 so he should pull that comfortably. :rolleyes:

yeah dont worry mate its just jealously.. there just trying to justify not picking him up.. need to move with the times.. they don't understand that rookies can be ready made these days to hit the ground running to have a immediate impact.. ala rhys palmer/daziell/rich... I would expect there to be at least 1 or 2 mature age rookies like dalziel to pop up every year now.. the learning curve to senior footy isnt what it once was in the past.. You need to take the risk with these players other wise you'll be left behind in the dust.. and turn into player haters, wishing they go down with injury..

But in saying that there have been better

I think the key point is that there are great rookies that do have an immediate impact, BUT after their first year, i dont think the value is there. Absolutely paying 100k for them in their first year is the best value you can get in DT, but in their second year when they are 420k, i think there are better options available. IMHO.

Not Saying Dalziell isn't a gun but at 420k there are alot of more proven options. But that is what this game is all about, picking your players. I went with Kane Cornes for 17k more over Dalziell. Hasn't missed a game in 5 years, top 6 mid and has upside because i think he can avg 105 (priced at 97).

It's only 3 games in ...

far too early to be bagging/boasting about him.

All players are not immune to bad games. Razzle's had 2 decent games and a shocker after playing against the Eagles, Blues and Swans .. hardly dissapointing imo.

I'd be disappointed in a keeper who wasn't pulling his average. I'm disappointed in Selwood so why would Dalziel not be the same. Surely you don't pick a premium to drop in average.

Ablett, Bartel, Corey and selwood will drop 10k minimum this week ...
Prices fluctuate alot on a weekly basis so if your going to get all unhappy at selwood just 3 rounds in .... then you've got alot of dissapointment ahead of you this season ;)

It's fair to say that the people who have Razzle will be fairly happy at this stage and the people who don't will still have their doubts which is fair enough.

Lets see if this kid can keep it up in the next few months. I'll be heading down to the Gabba on friday night so I'll keep an eye out for him :thumbsu:

[So much man love/hate about Dalziell, this thread could reach 1000 posts at this rate :p ]

I don't suppose we can all agree that there were good reasons not to pick him (420k for a guy who's played 7 games), and good reasons to pick him (only player to crack 100 in all 4 pre-season games).

I have him because he slotted nicely into my team structure at that price, and I already had Kane Cornes. If I didn't have him I wouldn't be insulting everyone that picked him for being rubbish at DT. You just can't pick 22 starters that played all 22 the last 2 years and are undervalued...somewhere you have to take a little risk.

If this blows up in my face, then I'll wear it, because I made the call. If he rocks out and averages 105 for the year, I won't gloat because I'll be too relieved that one of my risky calls worked out.

Sydney and the rain had me very scared for Razzle last night, thinking his marks would be down, but he found something!! good signs.

Im happy with his start, but way to early to call whether the pick is a success or not. But in any case, im absolutely loving watching brisbane games and seeing how he does, has created a great interest in the player for me.

Hes a player i will look to upgrade to if the top eschelon in Bartel and Ablett type players seem to much. I am starting to consider picking Dalzeill, Stanton type player, however i will still aim to bring in the real guns A/B/C.

I only got on board because of this thread and it has made me happy so far. Also becasue of 4 tons in NAB.

Hes a player i will look to upgrade to if the top eschelon in Bartel and Ablett type players seem to much. I am starting to consider picking Dalzeill, Stanton type player, however i will still aim to bring in the real guns A/B/C.

Not doing yourself any favours mate. Can you explain this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sign Here - Im getting Bradd Dalziell!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back