Sign Here - Im getting Bradd Dalziell!!

Remove this Banner Ad

First of all i will say, these threads are not needed and should be locked straight away 54D :)

But for what its worth i will say it was an amazing achievment for him to score over 100 (4 straight times including in the wet against dees). Whether he will get the tag or not is unknown but from what i saw he runs and carries and has good skill. Reminding me alot of Salopek as that HBF/winger type player with a solid build. I think he will get tags, not heaps but some of the year.

First of all i will say, these threads are not needed and should be locked straight away 54D :)

But for what its worth i will say it was an amazing achievment for him to score over 100 (4 straight times including in the wet against dees). Whether he will get the tag or not is unknown but from what i saw he runs and carries and has good skill. Reminding me alot of Salopek as that HBF/winger type player with a solid build. I think he will get tags, not heaps but some of the year.

Not ahead of Black I wouldnt think.

At that price, just too much of an unknown. Yes, he has blitzed the pre-season, but there's a lot more proven players around his price range.

I was just considering downgrading Kornes down to Dalziell, and use the extra cash for minor upgrades (ie, SJ to Didak etc), and then I thought... How can I justify that downgrade based on the back of a total of 11 games. Kornes has averaged about 100 over his last 66+ games! I know who I'm sticking with.

Tempting, but when it comes down to it:

Played 7 Games
Costs $420K.
In his 2nd year.

I'd try to find the NEXT Dalziell haha.

Not ahead of Black I wouldnt think.

Selwoods not ahead of Ablett

Foley, Cousins probably arnt ahead of Deledio or vice versa depending upon opinion.

I know Black will be first tagged but i reckon Dalziell might get the early tags with him struggling for touch and than maybe when Dalziell become more of a premium player he might get tags last in season (back half) and finish a little slower. Or they may tag both of them.

At that price, just too much of an unknown. Yes, he has blitzed the pre-season, but there's a lot more proven players around his price range.

I was just considering downgrading Kornes down to Dalziell, and use the extra cash for minor upgrades (ie, SJ to Didak etc), and then I thought... How can I justify that downgrade based on the back of a total of 11 games. Kornes has averaged about 100 over his last 66+ games! I know who I'm sticking with.

Is Kornes your number 1 mid or number 2 mid ??

I know Black will be first tagged but i reckon Dalziell might get the early tags with him struggling for touch and than maybe when Dalziell become more of a premium player he might get tags last in season (back half) and finish a little slower. Or they may tag both of them.

Power would be ahead of Dalziell in getting a tag too.

In summary, Dalziell will run free most of the season, scavenging cheap mark-kick's ala Dane Swan, and I would predict at least 15-16 scores of 100+.

Get on :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Jones has scored over 110 over the last two practice matches. Get on everyone, he's even better than Dalziell!!:D

Or if we are talking about preseason form, Wellsy has scored twice over 130. He will be the undisputed DT king of 2009.

any team would be silly to tag razzle over any of our other midfielders. razzle is not an inside mid, he plays a linking role and really, despite having 25+ disposals a game, he doesn't have a lot of hurt factor. most of his points are picked up in the back half of the ground. He is able to do this because he plays 70-80% game time and can run the legs off anyone. most times he gets the ball from kick ins because he is the only lions player who has ran and got open to recieve the ball.

plenty of others you would tag ahead of him. tagging him out of the game wouldn't have much impact of the actual result of the footy game

Im on him. Took me about a week of laughing at his ridiculous price tag than i release he's an absolute DT gun

Yeah... I'm happy for everyone to bag him and not select him, based on his price tag.. but the reality is there that his continues on with his current form hes is actually underpriced.. Look at his consistency as well.. hes one of those players like Swan. He will be Top 5 Midfielder at this rate.. and everyone will be pissed they didnt put him from the start.. Hes a once in a generation freak player in DT terms..

Yeah... I'm happy for everyone to bag him and not select him, based on his price tag.. but the reality is there that his continues on with his current form hes is actually underpriced.. Look at his consistency as well.. hes one of those players like Swan. He will be Top 5 Midfielder at this rate.. and everyone will be pissed they didnt put him from the start.. Hes a once in a generation freak player in DT terms..

Look, I was taking the piss before, but I do see that Dalziell has some serious potential as a DT player. He does look to be very consistent type, but at his price range, I don't think his value will escalate too much in the first 10 weeks. So if he does show the promise of his short career over the first 10 weeks, I will pick him up then. I currently have ABS, and I am not happy to trade any of these players for Dalziell at the current time. For me, he is a good pick up option if he can prove his worth. This to me seems the safest option for Dazzler.

Seriousily consdering Dalziell now after looking at his scores a bit closer. I think he could be a top 5 dtmer in 09, no doubt about that and i can picture him up with A/B/C of this year. I might think about getting him instead of Gibbs but i really rate Gibbs aswell.

Wouldnt mind starting
Ablett
Kornes
Dalziell

and finishing with
Ablett
Bartel
Corey
Kornes
Swan
Dalziell

I also think its important to realise his consistancy which means he wont fall too much in price all year. For the tag i think he is quite a damging player even though a link man. He has great skills and wins plenty of the pill. He could be easily stopped compared to a Black. I know Black will ge number 1 tag but i think teams will start to realise the dominance of Dalziell during the year.

Il probably get him, even with his ridiculous numbers, teams should tag black, power and drummond before him. He is not too damaging so i dont think the opposition might mind him running around free. Looking at hopefully finishing with
Corey
Ablett
Bartel
Kornes
Dalziell
Gibbs

Which is still not bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Sign Here - Im getting Bradd Dalziell!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back