Simon Black

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Spook
Settle down with the "hes better than him" crap...they are both sensational footballers
They are both as good as each other
They are different players

Come on Spook this is certainly not the place for rational thought. We all want to hear sensationalist statements like the Weagles will demolish P.A today. ;)

Black is the man under a pack of 3 opposition players dishing out pin-point handballs to passing team mates.

Black is the man getting peeled off the ground most of the game and that is the difference. He is fearless in his determination to get the ball and you never see him complain or pull faces at umpires, he just goes about his business.

Black works very hard, pulls the best tagger and takes the hard knocks this game dishes out and he is my pick for the Brownlow.

neither Judd nor Black have been tried outside a star midfield group and at the moment i can't see either of them leaving thier clubs, or either of their clubs midfields needing them to carry it buckley style in time soon.

It's a split decision.

i could see Judd possibly returning to victoria like stevens

probably to collingwood even though i hate to say it :(

as for black he will be next BFC captain and retire there

Originally posted by westernnugget
I agree with u poo,

blacks not as good as Judd or Buckley, Riccuto.

IMO someone who has won a Brownlow medal, a Norm Smith Medal and 3 Premierships and in those 3 years winning the B+F twice and coming second by 1 vote in the third year, is probably currently better than someone who has never won a B+F

Originally posted by Thrawn
He's only 23, 24 isn't he? And already has a Brownlow and a Norm Smith, not to mention 3 premiership medallions. Still has the potential to be better.

He will surpass Buckley, Hird and Voss by the end of his career. Mark my words.

maybe maybe not. How do you measure it?
he's already in their class

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Zeke
Brown is too undisciplined to be a club leader.

i wish every1'd stop giving browny a hard time about this, the ball was there, he got 4 weeks cos he'd been suspended in the GF and for "striking" Hulme (which was an unlucky decision). Sure he deserved to get suspended but he knows he let the team down and is more disappointed than any supporter could be. Although i agree Simon is in contention with Brown, Brown's age and leadership qualities would put him in front of Black at this stage (black for vc prob).

Originally posted by Dees
IMO someone who has won a Brownlow medal, a Norm Smith Medal and 3 Premierships and in those 3 years winning the B+F twice and coming second by 1 vote in the third year, is probably currently better than someone who has never won a B+F

Black: Brownlow, Norm smith, 3 Premierships, 2 B+F, runner up B+F
Judd: Runner-up B+F x1, 3rd B+F x1

Simon Black has the advantage of playing in a brilliant side therefore being able to play in the 3 Premierships.. Not taking away his personal efforts in winning the Norm Smith though.. When Black won the brownlow he had an awesome year and won the B+F Award that year aswell..

Chris Judd was 3rd in the club B+F in his first year in the AFL, and runner up last year behind Ben Cousins, who was runner-up in the Brownlow..

If you want to compare the two players, you're going to have to compare them when judd has played the same anount of seasons that black has..
In all honesty, i think Judd may win 1, if not more brownlow medals, but wont win 3 premierships..

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Black

Remove this Banner Ad

Back